Side Order Personal Chips Tierlist

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
As I have just finished up clearing all Side Order palettes hackless, all monochrome color runs, a drone only run, and of course, most importantly, a Pearlina run, I've decided to make a tierlist of what I feel to be the most useful but also just generally my favorite chips. I tried to keep this specifically in terms of how I felt about them in hackless runs, as thats when chip choices felt so much more vital and I had to choose carefully both what chips I wanted and what floors I felt I could take. That said, BECAUSE I was thinking in terms of hackless, the Drone Inkstrike/Ink Mine/Burst Bomb/Items/Sprinkler chips weren't available to me, only Drone Splat Bomb/Killer Wail were, so I rated those just on how I felt about them in my casual runs.

For tier explanations, I'd put them as such:

S tier: I will actively go out of my way to get these. These can completely make or break a run, and no matter the build or weapon, they will be beneficial. I'd even be willing to take danger floors or floors I'm otherwise very bad at, such as Unreasonable Mountain Battlefield (Ascent) or Eternally Vigilant Soaker Blockade. There is rarely a situation in which I will pass up on these chips

A tier: Very good, and I will never be mad at getting these. There's some where that are more valuable than others, but it's never bad to get any of these chips. There are even situations in which I'd be willing to pass over an S tier for one, but that depends a lot on my current build or the weapon I'm using. These and S tier are the ones I'm most likely going to try and stack

B tier: Not bad, and similar to A tier, there's definitely ones of higher value than others in there, but ultimately almost all of these are ones where I won't be mad to take them, but I wish they were something else. Some are also very build dependent, such as the Splash Radius and Splash Damage, where they'll be good regardless, but frequently not worth it unless I have a special that benefits from them, or am taking a lot of portal floors

C tier: I don't really want these. The majority of them are too reliant on build, Rush Attack and Rush Knockback I'd put in S tier only if we're talking about Brush, other than that... I never pick them up. Same with Sound Wave Damage, if I'm doing a very drone heavy build and have already invested a lot into Drone Killer Wail, or am using Killer Wail myself and don't plan to change it, it's really beneficial, but overall... not worth it. I'm only taking these if I have a build made for them, or the other floors with better options are too difficult.

D tier: I am only ever picking these up if I have to. I've never chosen any of these willingly, they're solely chosen if I'm in a position where I feel like all other floors with better chips aren't worth risking my run over.

With that, I ask what y'alls opinions are? Anything you think I'm sleeping on, or think I've moved too high? Here's the Tiermaker I used if you want to make one yourself!

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
There are a couple things I think should be moved up or down a tier, but most of them I would put in the same spot you did.

I think that squid attack has some uses. It's the only attack that I know of that doesn't require ink, which makes it really nice for escaping since it basically gives you complete invulnerability during squid rolls. I'd put it in A.

However by far the most important one here is that midfire charge is absolutely S tier, no question. The order splatling charges like heavy, meaning the second ring charges faster but lets you fire the same amount. With midfire charge, you can get the second charge ring over and over again, meaning you hardly spend any time charging. If you have charge storage as well, you might not have to charge the first ring more than once in an entire floor.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
i think that horizontal slash is pretty op, if you get enough of it you can just mow all the enemys down

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom