Sizzle Season '24 is here!

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
So I’m on a road trip right now and I only brought one pair of joy-cons. Just my luck, the right stick doesn’t click anymore meaning my special button doesn’t work. To fix this, I remapped the special button to my left stick click, and my brain has been doing backflips ever since.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think I've had more fun with a new weapon on launch than the Decavitator. I was hyping this thing up so hard and it's living up to it perfectly.
Does Big Bubbler work as well on it as you thought it would?

D

Deleted member

I don't think I've had more fun with a new weapon on launch than the Decavitator. I was hyping this thing up so hard and it's living up to it perfectly.
I'm also having a lot of fun, but with the Wellstring V. I thought it looked really cool and wanted to try it out, but I wasn't getting my hopes up. Turns out, it's a blast to use! I'll definitely be using it alongside my other mains.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I've personally had a lot of fun with the new Bamboo and CRB kit.
I need to get better at my ink tank management though and also knowing when to pop Kraken but having good games with CRB feels amazing.

Grushi

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Honestly Wellstring feels really strong so far, as a main weapon at least. I'm really curious what people are gonna do wih it!

And I'm also hyped for crb!
And hedit nouveau's cool...
Dousers too...
Oh decavitator's sick though...
Both its kits tbh...
But bamboo man...

Wow thanks for all the cool kits nintendo! You really outdid yourself this time.
What's that, "Thanks for Playing"? Wait where are you going? NO DON'T GO! WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S OVER???? HEY WAI-

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
These devs were absolutely COOKING with these new main weapons, especially with the Decavitator, and the new music is amazing, and the new stage is super fun (at least in turf war, I haven’t tried it in any of the ranked modes), this is probably my favorite season just going by how much I love the new content

Hokuto

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
I've been trying to learn Range Blaster lately, so when I heard about Custom Range Blaster I waited with bated breath to be able to play it. Once I actually used it, I got my butt handed to me. (The funny thing is that I only had one match with an opponent CRB and that person outplayed me by a long shot. Probably didn't help that my gear build was far from optimal, but as always I can ultimately boil it down to "skill issue.")

Bamboozler mains are among the biggest brained Splatoon players. I have six brain cells and none of them can aim. I love Bamboozler II in theory! The main is funny, Fizzy Bomb is one of my favorite subs in the game, and I would like to use more Super Chump. (I am a N-ZAP '89 apologist.) In practice, I embarrass myself failing to splat opponents with more immediately threatening ranged weapons like the new kids on the block. So many Wellstrings and Decavitators hitting the turf. (No way I'd take a weapon I don't know how to use into Anarchy.)

Why are the Dousers so ink thirsty? Low ink is a problem I rarely ran into with Splat Dualies, but here I dodge once, endlag, and come up to find my ink tank surprisingly empty. On the bright side, I checked the range in the lobby and somehow they outrange the freakin', uh, Range Blaster—you know, the weapon with "Range" in the name.

AND THE COOLER JACKET. Boy howdy, am I going to farm for a good one. I'm a sucker for cool jackets (to the point where I would consider it a personality trait), so a jacket that prominently features my (edit: very close second) favorite part of the multiplayer experience couldn't be a more appropriate item for me to optimize.

All in all, I'm glad I got to try all the new things! Most of them are not for me, though!

Last edited:

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
Does Big Bubbler work as well on it as you thought it would?
I think bubbler works pretty well on the sword, you can use it in aggressive spots and protect yourself when multiple opponents are looking at you, which is great for a weapon that wants to get up close to people

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i've stubbornly refused to touch the new sword despite being very interested in it, in an effort to maybe help reduce the amount of swords in a single lobby from 50% to like 40%. seriously the amount of times i've had 4+ decavitators in a single game is insane, the most fun i had with the season so far was with CRB which feels like it perfectly counters people rushing in headfirst with their slow sword because they heard it was OP. really looking forward to trying it out though once the hype has calmed a bit, particularly the charcoal kit

i hope i can get back up to S+ tomorrow because i've had a bit of a frustrating time playing today to be honest... i play a ton of support weapons and early on in a season people aren't exactly trying to play as a team as much as they are going for their solo plays with the new weapon they're excited about, and i can't fully blame them but it makes it so hard to help them lol

so my first impressions have been soured a bit which is unfortunate, but i can tell these new kits are really gonna give me the motivation to grind this game that i hadn't really had before
dousers with burst bomb are even more beautiful than i had hoped, i really can't believe that kit is in the game, i honestly can't think of anything better for it. new edit feels exactly how i expected, though it's taking me some time to switch to a more aggressive playstyle since i'm so used to the tacticooler kit. i wanna learn bamboo 2 but that's gonna take a long time because i'm still not very good at aiming in this game despite how long i've played. this season has given me so much to work with and i'm super looking forward to trying to improve once i get back up to the rank i'm good at

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Ok actual first impressions: Both the new bow and sword are very balanced. They maybe could‘ve had a little more uniqueness in their design because you don’t really fight them any different then you would a tri-stringer or a different splatana, but that’s not a massive deal breaker. Hub feels almost out of place in this game, it simultaneously feels tiny while still having large flank opportunities. The moving platforms are annoying but not bad. I’m interested to see what competitive play it gets. The new kits are all good with CRB, the new Edit, and the new Dousers all being great. Bambrella is still garbage compared to either tent kit or SBrella, and Bamboo and Hydra are good but because of the meta right now probably won’t see much use, which is a shame because the kits are great. Good update in general, but they really dropped the ball with the balance patch saddly

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Wellstring’s leaning curve for me was extremely sharp. Either that or it’s busted on the current Turf rotation maps and trash on the previous ones. I went from getting three splats a game to a 14/0 match.

I will be maining this weapon. Its intricacies are too appealing, its falloff splats too satisfying for me to put it down. This is the good ****.
I’m also happy for you Decav enjoyers, though I’d appreciate it if you stopped dash slashing through my Ultra Stamp taking no damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom