Sizzle Season '24 is here!

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Seeing a lot more positive reception for the new bow than I thought there would be but after trying it out myself, I definitely get it.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
also i think i heard ppl generally saying they don't like the new songs but idk i'm a pretty big fan of them! they're weird sounding and i'm into it. i'm biased cuz i like vocal chopping in music but yeah the new songs work very well for me. and censor beep in a nintendo song is peak comedy

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
also i think i heard ppl generally saying they don't like the new songs but idk i'm a pretty big fan of them! they're weird sounding and i'm into it. i'm biased cuz i like vocal chopping in music but yeah the new songs work very well for me. and censor beep in a nintendo song is peak comedy
I still don't really like Seasource, but Amalgamania's grown on me a lot. Especially once I started playing full qr recycled 2, and started resonating with the silly ahahahahah by running at people over and over. It's fun

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
I don't think I've had more fun with a new weapon on launch than the Decavitator. I was hyping this thing up so hard and it's living up to it perfectly.
I hit 3 stars on both kits like two hours ago and have played over 100 games here so I wanted to take a break and give a bit more fleshed-out first impressions.

This thing is way worse into other midline weapons than I thought it would be at first. Funny enough I think Splash Wall is a great help into many of them but Inkjet struggles with a lot of those same weapons. Charcoal is the better of the two kits, no doubt, but I could totally see Mint being a solid option on comps that need a faster or paint-heavy midline, especially one that doesn't struggle into Zooka as hard. This weapon does very, VERY well into shorter-range ones and it's not common for a midline to be as mobile as this one. Only relevant one I can really think of is Dualie Squelcher and this has more damage.

This literally is exactly what I wanted out of a third Splatana. The dash gimmick is absolutely wild and not in a way that feels too out-there or spammable. You cannot play stupid with the dash or you will die, and if you play without the dash then you'd be better off just playing Wiper. You can't poke over ledges but this otherwise has everything else I absolutely love about the weapon class - the amount of options you have approaching fights, the general range, the flexibility as a whole, and the fact that NONE OF IT is free and you need to WORK to get things done.

I don't know which of the two yet but I 100% will be hitting 5 stars on at least one of these. The fact that the past 24 hours have hounded me with bad matchups for this weapon across the Range Blasters and Heavy Edit Splatlings and yet I've still been enjoying it as thoroughly as I have should speak for itself. This weapon is amazing. It's genuinely difficult to imagine Nintendo having done a much better job with a third Splatana.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This thing is way worse into other midline weapons than I thought it would be at first.
I've only played a few matches with the weapon but I thought the range and speed would be a bit better.
It still feels fun to use though, even if it really struggles against midline weapons.

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
ooh, I haven't had much time at all to play the new season. I did get to play a little bit of the new Edit (or Credit as I like to call it :D) for LSL and it was so fun! The new kit really does just delete the one complaint I had about the vanilla kit, that is the fact that it gets hard bullied by anything longer range than it. And of course I love that Credit can briefly turn into Hydra sometimes :)

Today I'll get around to playing the other weapons I hope. I'll get my hands on you soon Custom Hydra, my long awaited love

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
So I got some time to try out the weapons and I think I like literally every single one of them, seriously, even stuff like recycled 2 and custom wellstring grew on me, I kind of like those kits now. Every kit we got was cool and fun, I'm just so... happy seeing them turn out this good for once.

Seriously, the only L to me is not getting any new cooler weapon, every kit they added has to go through the same dilemma of which cooler weapon to pair with it considering how there's only 3 viable ones. But even then, that's a comp thing, I'm not gonna pretend like that affects me personally lol.

I keep hearing people gush about every single kit this season, it's like they all have potential. Now I can't help but imagine what comp s3 would look like if we got 3rd kits on all weapons, it could be the coolest game ever come on nintendo I know you can do it.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
I'm just so happy so many people are so happy. Everyone's excited gushing about their amazing experiences with the new weapons is giving me so much life :D

While one-starring everything I (unsurprisingly I suppose) had the easiest time with the dousers, but I am finding myself so oddly fascinated by the wellstring as a weapon. it just feels complex in a way that makes me feel like it could be a lot of fun to learn.

Vidknight

Formerly 'Grekly'
Pronouns
He/Him
I see some people consider this the best season and LET ME JUST SAY!!

I agree everything about this season is great the weapon kits are fun and synergistic the two new main weapons are powerful yet not to broken where it has no counter play. The new music slaps. The new map is so fun (except for rainmaker that is just pain). The stage reworks was pretty good for the most part except for eeltail which only really effected turf war. The changes to salmon run looks exciting.

I have no idea what happened at Nintendo for them to lock in this season but I welcome it.

Arigato!

Pro Squid
Wellstring’s leaning curve for me was extremely sharp. Either that or it’s busted on the current Turf rotation maps and trash on the previous ones. I went from getting three splats a game to a 14/0 match.

I will be maining this weapon. Its intricacies are too appealing, its falloff splats too satisfying for me to put it down. This is the good ****.
I’m also happy for you Decav enjoyers, though I’d appreciate it if you stopped dash slashing through my Ultra Stamp taking no damage.
no ehehehhehehehe

Yosi Spring

Pro Squid
The stage reworks really are making this one of the best seasons already. My biggest gripe is probably how inconsistent the Decavitator hitbox is - I've seen so many people just jumping over or ducking under the charged slash ahaha

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i've stubbornly refused to touch the new sword despite being very interested in it, in an effort to maybe help reduce the amount of swords in a single lobby from 50% to like 40%
following up on this now, i've been playing charcoal a ton today now that the hype has cooled the slightest amount (still getting a Ton of decavitators in lobbies sometimes but it's significantly more calm than before) and. my god this is the most fun weapon in the game. how did nintendo do it?? i love how it follows up on the splatanas being really difficult to learn, while being a COMPLETELY different playstyle. the fact that they've managed to pull that off with every sword is so cool
i'm back up to s+ and yeah this season has been the most fun i've had with this game in forever, i have so much to think about and try out and learn and i really want to get really good at the game. it's the first time ever that i've felt like i actually have a weapon i can pick for any map/mode, which i've struggled with a ton in the past. hopefully i can actually get a decent xp this season for the first time

i really hope we get more content but honestly if we just get a couple more good map reworks i could see myself being happy with the game the way it is. though i'd appreciate if they could maybe add like 10 more kits with tacticooler first just so i can maybe not have to be the cooler guy all the time if i ever did comp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom