• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So many guns need a Nerf IMO.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Interesting, because I don't think I have ever been hit by a carbon roller that wasn't 1-hit KO.
The Carbon Roller's flick only reliably splats in one hit when used at very close range; a tiny bit too far and it might not do enough damage

Luggy

Inkling
NNID
Luggy_Bros
Pfft you're all nuts. Only weapon that needs to be nerfed is that dang Carbon roller.

My God, they make me rage every match....

I used a meme from memegenerator. Maybe it's due to this poor complaint.

The Carbon Roller is already balanced. It's made for people who prefer to be more offensive, with a faster fire rate, thus making it a great close combat weapon and less of a "hit and run" like other rollers. This difference, of course, creates of course it's weakness, it doesn't one shot people when rolling on them, like any other roller. It's lighter, thus not heavy enough to kill. This makes the Carbon Roller less effective as a surprise weapon, since you can't surprise people by rolling on their poor faces.

If you think this weapon is OP, you don't know how to fight it. It's simple to understand. So grow up from this way of thinking, and find ways to counter those filthy rollers, if you want.
___________________________________________________________________________​

As for myself, I don't find any weapon OP. They all have weaknesses, strengths and utility. I do feel however that some less used weapons need tiny buffs to make them more usable. Some weapons are already forgotten, let's buff them so they can compete against prefered weapons.

Squiglet

Inkling

The Carbon Roller is already balanced. It's made for people who prefer to be more offensive, with a faster fire rate, thus making it a great close combat weapon and less of a "hit and run" like other rollers. This difference, of course, creates of course it's weakness, it doesn't one shot people when rolling on them, like any other roller. It's lighter, thus not heavy enough to kill. This makes the Carbon Roller less effective as a surprise weapon, since you can't surprise people by rolling on their poor faces.

If you think this weapon is OP, you don't know how to fight it. It's simple to understand. So grow up from this way of thinking, and find ways to counter those filthy rollers, if you want.

As for myself, I don't find any weapon OP. They all have weaknesses, strengths and utility. I do feel however that some less used weapons need tiny buffs to make them more usable. Some weapons are already forgotten, let's buff them so they can compete against prefered weapons.
I want to be mad and reply angrily but I can't. Damn you!

Seriously though, I was being half-facetious. No need to attack me and tell me to grow up dawg.

Also, that's not how most carbon rollers play. At least not the good ones. Anyone who uses the carbon roller in the manner that you're speaking of is an idiot. It's the ones who hide and use Ninja squid. Yes they can kill you with one hit, if they are close enough and they fling ink, which is what the carbon roller excels at. To claim that they are not 1-hit ko weapons is just not true, unless you use it in the same manner as other rollers.

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean

99.9% of rollers kill using the splat. No one tries to roll over people as their main way of killing. The Carbon Roller excels at splatting and it got the speed to get close enough to splat. Combine that with ninja squid, and you have a weapon that can be argued as op.

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
99.9% of rollers kill using the splat. No one tries to roll over people as their main way of killing. The Carbon Roller excels at splatting and it got the speed to get close enough to splat. Combine that with ninja squid, and you have a weapon that can be argued as op.
Well, you still need to actually get close, so long-range weapons can still hold it at bay in the right situations

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Lol the Inkbrush Noveau is really good. I was worried about the Octobeush being OP, but wow its ink efficiency is trash.
Actually, so is the original brush set with the sprinkler, that's what I tend to prefer in most situations! While I believe both are good I find that the use of the sprinkler helps me to go behind enemy lines much easier as well as major support for my team in the frontline because it's such a distraction.

Noveau is more defensive based and I only really use it for choke point heavy maps such as kelp dome & moray.

Brushes can be really really effective if one knows what to do with them. I've collapsed so many team defenses/offenses just by simply zooming past them drawing their attention on me while my team takes advantage and pushes through (provided my team is decent). And if the enemy team chooses to ignore me going into their base running all over I will quickly find most of them and take them out from behind or flank them hard!!

After I repeatedly do this I've noticed the enemies get paranoid after respawning in turn wasting time & focus looking over their shoulders. The brushes do so much that players often don't realize how much they're actually effecting the game!

This is why I personally love brushes in Splatoon!

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I find that only snipers on spots that bless snipers can keep me at bay. No one else.
Jet Squelchers and Heavy Splatlings can also give Carbon Rollers a hard time if they can fight them at range. On Port Mackerel they can keep most rollers at bay with ease or at least force them to change pathways or retreat. I'm aware that the Carbon Roller's a beast when up-close, I even mentioned it when it came out

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean
Actually, so is the original brush set with the sprinkler, that's what I tend to prefer in most situations! While I believe both are good I find that the use of the sprinkler helps me to go behind enemy lines much easier as well as major support for my team in the frontline because it's such a distraction.

Noveau is more defensive based and I only really use it for choke point heavy maps such as kelp dome & moray.

Brushes can be really really effective if one knows what to do with them. I've collapsed so many team defenses/offenses just by simply zooming past them drawing their attention on me while my team takes advantage and pushes through (provided my team is decent). And if the enemy team chooses to ignore me going into their base running all over I will quickly find most of them and take them out from behind or flank them hard!!

After I repeatedly do this I've noticed the enemies get paranoid after respawning in turn wasting time & focus looking over their shoulders. The brushes do so much that players often don't realize how much they're actually effecting the game!

This is why I personally love brushes in Splatoon!
Yeah, bruhes wre really good. Personally I love the noveau for tower control or splat zones due to it's sub, special, and close range capabilities.
Jet Squelchers and Heavy Splatlings can also give Carbon Rollers a hard time if they can fight them at range. On Port Mackerel they can keep most rollers at bay with ease or at least force them to change pathways or retreat. I'm aware that the Carbon Roller's a beast when up-close, I even mentioned it when it came out
Very true. However I haven't encountered much of these weapons when using the carbon roller, especially splatlings. For the past week though dual squelchers are becoming more of a threat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom