• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So spawn camping does exist in Splatoon...

Jet

Full Squid
NNID
Jetcore500
I have lost before because my team got greedy and kept pushing the other team back into there base but they had already covered most of the map so we lost

Pusha

Inkling Cadet
I'm glad someone said this. You can easily escape using the Superjump.
You can only super jump to teammates or beacons. If there are no teammates out then you can't, or if there are teammates in a gun fight you'll probably die right after super jumping anyway. Super jumping out of spawn isn't always your safest and best option. I'm not sure why people are so adamant in defending splatoon saying "there is no spawn trapping in splatoon". Of course there is, there is in every game. Pretty much 3 out of 5 games I play on Walleye Warehouse ends in a spawn me spawn trapping them and my team completely controlling middle. Even if you have a teammate to jump too, especially on a very narrow small map like walleye, it's not always the safest. And once you get 4 down, that option no longer exists.

EDIT: Also. just super jumping away allows the other team to paint your spawn so you're still losing considerable turf.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
You can only super jump to teammates or beacons. If there are no teammates out then you can't, or if there are teammates in a gun fight you'll probably die right after super jumping anyway. Super jumping out of spawn isn't always your safest and best option. I'm not sure why people are so adamant in defending splatoon saying "there is no spawn trapping in splatoon". Of course there is, there is in every game. Pretty much 3 out of 5 games I play on Walleye Warehouse ends in a spawn me spawn trapping them and my team completely controlling middle. Even if you have a teammate to jump too, especially on a very narrow small map like walleye, it's not always the safest. And once you get 4 down, that option no longer exists.

EDIT: Also. just super jumping away allows the other team to paint your spawn so you're still losing considerable turf.
I suppose there are exceptions. Like the example you just gave.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Sub weapons and sneak attacks are the key. Or you could also just stop him before he gets there. Most people just rush into the middle of the stage and forget that they should also be watching out for people who sneak into their side.

TheBuzzSaw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheBuzzSaw
I've only been spawn-camped by teams that were better than mine. It's not some single mechanic that can be abused by anyone for an unfair advantage. If you reach the point of being spawn-camped, you did something wrong earlier in the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom