1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

So what are you gonna do first thing?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by BooDestroyer, Jun 17, 2017.

1. soujirou88

soujirou88 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    soujirou88
    I'll do what I did in Splatoon 1, fully complete single player before I step foot into the multiplayer. Than use the rewards I get from single player and forgo the noob gear. And if there is little going on, sprint to highest level I can get to and purchase whatever i want with the earnings i get as a result.

2. Ulk

Ulk Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Die-Ulk-Nudel
    First thing I'm gonna do is change my hair unless this is done during the initial settings. After that I'll storm into the clothing shops and hope to find things I'm going to want to wear. Customization is everything to me in this game. And now that they've finally separated fashion and abilities, my top priority from the very beginning will be a to get myself a set of perfect outfits.

3. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    Hoo boy are you not up to speed on things... Abilities are tied to fashion, the same as it ever was.

4. Green Waffles

Green Waffles Inkling Fleet Admiral

I mis-interpretted a translation, I'm really sorry if you heard it from my posts @Ulk
    =[ I feel your pain =[

Ulk likes this.
  5. Ulk

Ulk Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Die-Ulk-Nudel
    Eh, no. Not with the new system that gives you actually realistic odds to eventually have the exact abilities you want, even in unlikely scenarios, making no piece of gear useless.

6. Ulk

Ulk Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Die-Ulk-Nudel
    I don't think I have. The ability-saving system is pretty spread news and I doubt it's false.

7. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    You realize it's still a grind, right? At a minimum price of 20,000 per gear scrub and multiple ability fragments needed for one slot, it'll be a long time before you have your perfect outfits.

Dog King likes this.
  8. Ulk

Ulk Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Die-Ulk-Nudel
    So? I have a near guarantee to get any sub ability I desire on any gear within the span of my overall play time. I don't mind having to develop the gear I want as long as I know that I'm going to get it. That's nothing as opposed to a laughably low chance to get exactly what I want from each gear I can think of. It's still too bad about the main abilities but other than that, sub-abilities are nothing to worry about anymore, so I can practically wear what I want.

9. Captain Woomy

Captain Woomy Woomy Enthusiast

I'm unsure what I'll do. In the first Splatoon I jumped right into online turf wars and didn't even begin single player until sometime after I hit level 20, the original level cap. But what to do this time? Hm... I think I might go with online battles the first day since I'm really eager to try those out again after the tesfire and because of the new stages that were revealed. Then I'll probably start on single player after that.

10. Varsity

Varsity Inkling

NNID:
    haroldmyboi
    I think that I will most likely start off a whole day of online battle, then I'll probably try to complete story mode as fast as possible (for all that bonus gear), then I'll return to online until Splatoon 3 comes out.

11. Ghiraham-Sandwich

Ghiraham-Sandwich Full Squid

draw Callie the moment I see her

Green Waffles and Dessgeega like this.
  12. Ann

Ann Inkling

I'll be playing single player mode first to get used to the Switch controls. Then try out different weapons in Turf War to see what I like best. I'm hoping they will have dual-squelcher still since that was my main.

Joseph Staleknight likes this.
  13. GamemasterTom

GamemasterTom Full Squid

NNID:
    GM-Tom
    Hero Mode, no doubt. I have several questions, Hero Mode has the answers, i need them!!

14. Joseph Staleknight

Joseph Staleknight Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    JStaleknight
    Same. I'll probably fight to Level 4, clear a world of Hero Mode, and then do more online to wind down.

15. Maave

Maave Inkling Commander

Explore around the Square first and check all the modes. Whenever my fiance is home and awake we'll play story mode (which should be all weekend!), otherwise online modes.

16. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Figure out where in the hell Judd Jr. came from.

Sqwiddles and Hero of Lime like this.
  17. Spraylan

Spraylan Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    JonasOrtega
    I'm saving Single Player mode for my commutes, but if I weren't it would be the very first thing on my list.

I'm gonna check out Salmon Run the moment it becomes available, and play all the Turf War I can handle next Friday.

Ann likes this.
  18. suavevillain

suavevillain Inkling Cadet

I'm gonna play single player for a bit. Then hop online and see if i can try out the new co-op mode with friends.

19. Meelow

Meelow Inkling

NNID:
    Meelow
    Go right into Single Player, and either beat it or play a little bit and then jump into Multiplayer, if Salmon Run is available play that when it starts.

20. Ibusama

Ibusama Inkster Jr.

Squid beats, squid beats and then s'more squid beats

-Lily- and Spraylan like this.