• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So what are you gonna do first thing?

soujirou88

Inkster Jr.
NNID
soujirou88
I'll do what I did in Splatoon 1, fully complete single player before I step foot into the multiplayer. Than use the rewards I get from single player and forgo the noob gear. And if there is little going on, sprint to highest level I can get to and purchase whatever i want with the earnings i get as a result.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
First thing I'm gonna do is change my hair unless this is done during the initial settings. After that I'll storm into the clothing shops and hope to find things I'm going to want to wear. Customization is everything to me in this game. And now that they've finally separated fashion and abilities, my top priority from the very beginning will be a to get myself a set of perfect outfits.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
First thing I'm gonna do is change my hair unless this is done during the initial settings. After that I'll storm into the clothing shops and hope to find thing I'm going to want to wear. Customization is everything to me in this game. And now that they've finally separated fashion and abilities, my top priority from the very beginning will be a to get myself a set of perfect outfits.
Hoo boy are you not up to speed on things... Abilities are tied to fashion, the same as it ever was.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I mis-interpretted a translation, I'm really sorry if you heard it from my posts @Ulk
=[ I feel your pain =[

Reactions: Ulk

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Hoo boy are you not up to speed on things... Abilities are tied to fashion, the same as it ever was.
Eh, no. Not with the new system that gives you actually realistic odds to eventually have the exact abilities you want, even in unlikely scenarios, making no piece of gear useless.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Eh, no. Not with the new system that gives you actually realistic odds to eventually have the exact abilities you want, even in unlikely scenarios, making no piece of gear useless.
You realize it's still a grind, right? At a minimum price of 20,000 per gear scrub and multiple ability fragments needed for one slot, it'll be a long time before you have your perfect outfits.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
You realize it's still a grind, right? At a minimum price of 20,000 per gear scrub and multiple ability fragments needed for one slot, it'll be a long time before you have your perfect outfits.
So? I have a near guarantee to get any sub ability I desire on any gear within the span of my overall play time. I don't mind having to develop the gear I want as long as I know that I'm going to get it. That's nothing as opposed to a laughably low chance to get exactly what I want from each gear I can think of. It's still too bad about the main abilities but other than that, sub-abilities are nothing to worry about anymore, so I can practically wear what I want.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I'm unsure what I'll do. In the first Splatoon I jumped right into online turf wars and didn't even begin single player until sometime after I hit level 20, the original level cap. But what to do this time? Hm... I think I might go with online battles the first day since I'm really eager to try those out again after the tesfire and because of the new stages that were revealed. Then I'll probably start on single player after that.

Varsity

Inkling
NNID
haroldmyboi
I think that I will most likely start off a whole day of online battle, then I'll probably try to complete story mode as fast as possible (for all that bonus gear), then I'll return to online until Splatoon 3 comes out.

Ann

Inkling
I'll be playing single player mode first to get used to the Switch controls. Then try out different weapons in Turf War to see what I like best. I'm hoping they will have dual-squelcher still since that was my main.

GamemasterTom

Full Squid
NNID
GM-Tom
Hero Mode, no doubt. I have several questions, Hero Mode has the answers, i need them!!

Maave

Inkling Commander
Explore around the Square first and check all the modes. Whenever my fiance is home and awake we'll play story mode (which should be all weekend!), otherwise online modes.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
I'm saving Single Player mode for my commutes, but if I weren't it would be the very first thing on my list.

I'm gonna check out Salmon Run the moment it becomes available, and play all the Turf War I can handle next Friday.

Reactions: Ann

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I'm gonna play single player for a bit. Then hop online and see if i can try out the new co-op mode with friends.

Meelow

Inkling
NNID
Meelow
Go right into Single Player, and either beat it or play a little bit and then jump into Multiplayer, if Salmon Run is available play that when it starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom