• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

So what are you gonna do first thing?

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
The first thing I did in splatoon 1 was turn off motion controls. I still remember the tutorial back in 2015... My aiming was bouncing all over the place lol! I tried to get comfortable with gyro multiple times but it just didn't click with me. I literally went from an S+ player to a C- player by simply turning on motion controls... It effected my playing that much. I felt like I was focusing more on myself and how I was moving the controller than I was on the game itself. To be fair though, I don't think I gave myself enough time to adjust to motion in the few times I tried. In splatoon 2 the first thing I plan to do is give motion controls a fair chance. I'm going to try my best to play all the way through story mode with motion control before deciding if I want to turn them off again, or finally play the game the way it was designed to be played.

I'm not sure which I want honestly. I finally have the option to play with a pro controller and my aim with stick was fine since I play a lot of shooters. There are definitely advantages that motion control brings over just using stick controls though.

Patomonya

Inkling
NNID
Patomonya
Single Player, Single Player, Single Player.

I know, I will be eager to play online...but as a rule of thumb for me personally, I like to train offline to get used to the games controls/gimmicks before going around online. I don't care that I've played the first game and have experience from that- the game will still feel different. Even with the weight of the Switch controllers vs the large bulky Wii U Gamepad, Small things like that can throw a person off for a little while untill they readjust.

Either way, should be some good rewards for playing Single player that can be used Online. I wont beat Single Player right away though, no. Just using it as a stepping stone.
Hero Mode first, to polish my rusted skills! :D
Basically this. I haven't played Splatoon in a while plus I need to get used to the Switch's controls. So my plan is to play through the story and then get into a bit of multiplayer while I gather the scrolls or whatever other collectibles are in the singleplayer.

Btw, I keep reading that Salmon Run is going to be an event like Splatfest and not permanent. Is that true? It was going to be my new main thing once I finished the story. (With actual Turf War on the side xD) I've always been more of a Co-op guy myself, I'm not very competitive.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I'll play the crap out of the multiplayer first. Try to hit the necessary level to be able to purchase everything, and then move on to single player.

karl childers

Full Squid
1. Immediately re-establish my octobrush build from the first game.

2. See how big the Ink Mine blasts are with maximum Sub Power Up

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
Most likely tackle Hero/story mode first, to get used to the controls and get to grips with various weapons such as the Blaster and Slosher. Although I'm hyped to jump straight into turf/ranked, I think it would be unwise to be thrown right at the deep end. Uncovering the plot will be interesting as it will tell you more about the game and it's modes.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
S I N G L E P L A Y E R S I N G L E P L A Y E R S I N G L E P L A Y E R

I NEED TO SAVE MY WIFE BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Turf Wars at home, single-player campaign on the road, hopefully Salmon Run when it's available (I can't tell yet if there's matchmaking for it--if it requires friends, I won't be playing.) Might try some Ranked as soon as I get there, but I'm worried that the early adopters will be too good for me to handle....

wereyoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch Friend Code
SW-1149-3763-7213
Turf Wars at home, single-player campaign on the road, hopefully Salmon Run when it's available (I can't tell yet if there's matchmaking for it--if it requires friends, I won't be playing.) Might try some Ranked as soon as I get there, but I'm worried that the early adopters will be too good for me to handle....
i remember Nintendo mentioning that you can play salmon run online with random people but you will be handed a random weapon.

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Scl if your talking competitively so would you wereyoshi and mindwanderer join our team for the splatoon 2 tourney on the 22nd for this month

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Scl if your talking competitively so would you wereyoshi and mindwanderer join our team for the splatoon 2 tourney on the 22nd for this month
That's a weird thing to ask out of the blue in a thread like this.

BloodWingdAngel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BloodWingedAngel
I'm gonna try and beat the entire Hero Mode before I do any multiplayer stuff to get a good feel for the game and all the mechanics, plus I usually like tackling the single player of any game before I attempt the multiplayer.

wereyoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch Friend Code
SW-1149-3763-7213
I'm interested in joining your team for the splatoon 2 tourney on the 22nd of this month.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That strikes me as odd. A tournament one whole day after launch? When no one's had any time to unlock gear or practice? Even an "official" tournament runner said they weren't that crazy.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
That strikes me as odd. A tournament one whole day after launch? When no one's had any time to unlock gear or practice? Even an "official" tournament runner said they weren't that crazy.
Tournaments like those are mostly just for fun.

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
If I get the game day one, I play Turf War to Level 4, then some ranked and Salmon Run, then the Hero Mode.

If I can get it early, then I'll play straight to the Hero Mode so I can end all form of spoil in front of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom