Special Tier List 6.1 (SZ Only)

Birb the Bird

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0712-8075-3524
I don't play comp so I might be misinformed but chumps can be good if used well! It has good paint and can help neutralize the zone in bad situations. Also good when teammates can coordinate with it
They are weak not because of power but because of their 4 second explosion time. They can waste a lot of time trying to shoot them down if they land on the Zone but of the time they end up doing nothing, because you have all the time in the world to react.

AJ-Moment

Inkling
NNID
AJ-Moment
Switch Friend Code
SW-4689-7891-2971
I don't play comp so I might be misinformed but chumps can be good if used well! It has good paint and can help neutralize the zone in bad situations. Also good when teammates can coordinate with it
The problem with Chumps isn't that they don't do much, there's a decent amount of things they do, mainly just paint and some HP shielding, it's just that just about every other special also does more. Being able to quickly get paint on the zone and maybe deal chip damage if the enemy doesn't shoot enough of them just isn't that good of a strength when you have something like crab tank or tristrikes which paint the zone, force the enemy to move and do something imediately, and in the case of crab tank will be almost guaranteed to get as much if not more chip damage in than chumps would.

Xaer Blight

Inkster Jr.
I appreciate having tierlists at all, but as a low level player its a bit weird to see top level players only post things in zones only formats. We're expected to do all 4 modes for all but a few tourneys afaik, and then you look up to the top levels and they're focusing on 1... just odd to me

Lumi

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3446-6641-9702
I may or may not have once lost a match because a person in our team hid half the opponents from us with a poorly-timed Splattercolour Screen...

I imagine it doesn't have the same potential to backfire in a coordinated enviroment, but I definitely feel vindicated to see it's not great there either~

seacreatursaige

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8533-8559-3495
I’m surprised to see zip in the same tier as rain and booyah. What makes you put it in the same tier as those?

Switch Friend Code
SW-7881-0853-1504
Ranking of all specials for Splat Zones only.
What is the reasoning behind strikes? I feel like the super strong "Death on touch" makes it good for displacement, and also it can be used to flip the zone in a pinch. It ain't no bazooka, but it feels like it's at the very bottom of A tier imo.

Takan

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4751-1861-7220
slider, atleast in solo is minimum B tier. cheesing the zone and being able to control the pace of the match is super valuable imo

Keytone

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6582-8307-9018
Imo, I think zip is a little to inconsistent with value to be that high, and I think splashdown still has a ultra small niche for trades so I think it could maybe move up a tier, rest is basically what I would say

brik

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6864-1265-6503
Imo, I think zip is a little to inconsistent with value to be that high, and I think splashdown still has a ultra small niche for trades so I think it could maybe move up a tier, rest is basically what I would say
trades harm your team more than they harm the other team imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom