• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Special Weapon Ideas?

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Quick question: Do you just auto-drain from all enemies, or do they have to be within a certain distance of you to be drained? Seems good though, just seems like it might be too good without a maximum range (or the ink drain being low, but that might make it not worth using if enemies can just cancel it out or overcome it by going into squid-form... Though even if that were the case, it would still be good for limiting enemies by forcing them to squid to recover more frequently while it is active, so maybe it'd be fine either way, I dunno). Also, does the ink drain give you less ink when there are fewer enemies (so, if 2 enemies were there, whether from disconnects or being splatted, you would get less than against a full, non-splatted team)? Because I feel like it would, but thought I should ask anyway.
I didn't really think of a maximum range, and initially thought that the ink taken would be small. (Entering squid form causes it to slowly recover, normal form causes it to slowly drop.) Yes, the drain effect only works on active players: if two opponents are dead and one of your teammates are alive, it only takes from the two active foes and gives to the remaining teammates. Probably more balanced if it acts like Echolocator, spawning while it is in effect means your ink is not drained.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
Megasquid 8000: you get to ride a huge mech, with all sorts of weapons at your disposal (like ink missiles), you get the ability to fly for short periods of time and the thing explodes when it runs out, killing everything in a small radius.(unfortunately, this includes the user. had to think of a way to not make this super OP.)
Inkstorm: a storm forms and ink falls like rain around you for some time, painting everything around you and splatting any enemies who get nearby.
Ancient tactics: you fire a blast of black ink at the enemy, blinding and paralyzing them for some time. you can also choose whether this causes knockback or not by pressing the R stick and R button simultaneously.
Kamikaze squid: you get a huge bomb equipped. when you get splatted, the bomb falls down and explodes in a wide area.
Dual wield: pretty self-explanatory. hold 2 weapons simultaneously for a limited amount of time.
Dark squid: a shadow version of your inkling appears and hunts down an enemy player. it is extremely hard to kill and very fast.
Chaos bomb: your opponent completely loses control over their actions. they now wildly jump around, squidbag and shoot in all directions, except at the enemy.
Supercharge: charges all of your teammates´s special weapons, but you are exposed while using it since you sit down, take out a small computer and have to wait 5 seconds before it activates.
Jellyfish army: a huge amount of jellyfish storm the battlefield, zipping around the enemies and blocking their shots.

Yochanon

Inkling
InkBurst: This Special creates a big explosion surrounding your character. This can push opponents away and gives them 50% damage on impact. this will make you invulnerable for about a second so you can return to safety or take out an opponent. This can be wasted if you use it around a bubbler or Kracken. It can be useful if you are in a situation where you are in a killer whale's radius.{use the InkBurst then SquidJump}. So Practically, this special is more of a recovery than a offensive tool.

★Forge

Senior Squid
NNID
Slumplush
Tidal Wave: Creates a massive wave of ink that travels slowly in the direction the user faces upon using it that covers everything it touches with ink as well as one-hitting enemies.

Infinity Jump: Allows the player to super jump anywhere on the map that is usually accessible by your team. Upon landing, the user will create an AoE that damages enemies. A marker will show up on the landing point regardless of whether the user has Stealth Jump or not.
Infinity jump would have to patched due to others jumping to respawns

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Disrupt-locator? Maybe call it SAHBUHTAJ! (sabotage)

Gives disruption instantly to all enemy squids instead of point location.
It can last for 8 seconds to put it a bit more on par with other specials, or maybe only 5, just like our current sub?

Many cool ideas here, but too many of them seem overpowered to me(even mine might be).

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Battlements: this summons a stationary square of Splash Walls right around your squid, perhaps invincible ones that last until they naturally run out. It bears a little similarity to the Bubbler but works pretty differently, enough so as not to be too powerful but very fresh. They could be used to box in an opponent or, if aimed nicely, take them out instantly.

Perhaps, on pressing R3, a Sub preview-like guide will show where the Walls will be tossed and will grow and shrink until you press R2, so you can make a formation with side length ranging from the size of a Wall to twice that (but with large gaps between them). Walls that would be placed out of bounds will probably just be adjusted to the nearest fit, hugging the wall.

This could be a little too good at cutting off chokepoints, though (like regular Walls but free to deploy and certain to last long). But maybe it's not so useful most of the time and so it's balanced out by its situational... ity.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Zapfish: the user throws a large egg. This egg explodes into a zap fish when it hits the ground, creating a large area of electricity that splats any enemies that get within. Has an area the size of the tower, and lasts for about 3 seconds.

DynamoCamostar34

Full Squid
NNID
Rhythmkoopa34
Inkstamp: You pick where to super jump at and when the inkling gets in mid air it spikes down with the stamp, inking everything around it. I made a diagram if you didn't understand it.
image.jpeg

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Dim Mak: Oppnents are shown on the screen, pick one, you and that opponent are both splatted.

Magnus0

Pro Squid
Dim Mak: Oppnents are shown on the screen, pick one, you and that opponent are both splatted.
that would be kinda counter intuitive...
Trading doesn't really help your team much, especially because you could also use a weapon that has an actually good special.

I like the concept, but I don't think that it would be very useful this way.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
that would be kinda counter intuitive...
Trading doesn't really help your team much, especially because you could also use a weapon that has an actually good special.

I like the concept, but I don't think that it would be very useful this way.
In ranked tc or rm itd be VERY over powered

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A special weapon that gave your teammates a crazy speed boost would be fun!

You could make a wave that could carry teammates and splat foes(or damage and carry them)
Maybe a fire hose/hydrant that shoots out mini killer wail style that splats foes and pushes teammates forward.

The big problem would be if this was a forced dash, it could be used to troll and make your teammates dash out of bounds or into an enemy's inkstrike.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
How about a special called: IMPOSTOR

Impostor would essentially allows you to become a splitting image of an opponent, giving you the ability to swim in enemy ink (For 6 seconds), their weapon/ gear set (However this might be a bit too OP).
You still don't take damage from friendly fire, however your opponents can still shoot through your guise. It can be useful for hardcore flanks, and killing sprees if positioned right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom