• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splash-o-matic Discussion

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet

Cost: 3900

Range: 3/10
Damage: 2/10
Fire Rate: 8/10

Sub: Suction Bomb
Special: Bomb Rush (Suction)

One for the pros. Not outrageously powerful, but highly accurate. This weapon comes into its own in the hands of someone with good aim.p/quote]

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
As a TF2 Heavy main, this feels like my kinda weapon. Too bad I hate the loadout.

Meloetta

Senior Squid
Straight from my guide:
Damage
26.0 - 4 shots to splat
Vs 1 Defense: 24.6 - 5 shots to splat
Vs 2 Defense: 23.6
Vs 3 Defense: 22.7
1 Attack +: 28.3
2 Attack +: 30.3
3 Attack +: 31.8

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
I'm not completely sure, but it looks like range and damage on it are worse than the N-Zap, and Fire Rate is the same. So it's just a worse version of the N-Zap stat-wise.

Meloetta

Senior Squid
It's range is lower than the N-zap.

For comparison:
The N-Zap and the Splattershot have the same range and same spread.

The Splash-o-Matic and the Splattershot Jr. have the same range, but the Jr has a wider spread.

Symph

Full Squid
NNID
Symphonia46
Played a ton with this weapon and I can say that I think I'm going to stick with this weapon for a long time. It compliments my rush down playstyle and is meant for players who are more than decent at aiming. I played a ton with the Splattershot JR and the change to this weapon felt nice.

Bomb Rush also can be used defensively and offensively and the Splash charges the special very quickly.

Splash can be used like a Splattershot JR with the loss of Bubbler. Personally, I feel like I'm taking out players faster than I did with this weapon. Peekaboo strats are deadly with this weapon.

SuperLittleTY

Inkling
Played a ton with this weapon and I can say that I think I'm going to stick with this weapon for a long time. It compliments my rush down playstyle and is meant for players who are more than decent at aiming. I played a ton with the Splattershot JR and the change to this weapon felt nice.

Bomb Rush also can be used defensively and offensively and the Splash charges the special very quickly.

Splash can be used like a Splattershot JR with the loss of Bubbler. Personally, I feel like I'm taking out players faster than I did with this weapon. Peekaboo strats are deadly with this weapon.
I totally agree with you, the Splash-O-Matic is amazing.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
THIS WEAPON IS AFTER MY OWN HEART!
o my squid
i found my main weapon. unless something i like more comes out/the variant is better for me.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
It's good, mostly because it compliments its special well.

Suction Bomb rush is insanely good, since the bombs stick to where you throw them and detonate after a time, creating a huge area that your opponents can't go. The Rapid Blaster Deco already had this combo, but the Splash-o-Matic is able to build up special MUCH quicker, making you a lot more dangerous with this special. Tack on some special charge up and special duration up and you are good to go.

Gun itself is alright, honestly I feel like it's fairly similar to the N-Zap.

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
Just an FYI: the Splash-O-Matic dos 26 damage per shot. This means one defense up main ability will turn the 4HKO into a 5HKO. Obviously, the damage up main ability can counter this but I don't know if this weapon will be popular enough to create ability creeping (similar to speed creeping if you play competitive Pokemon).

Also, I did a quick breakdown and analysis video on the Splash-O-Matic. I would really appreciate it if you guys took a look!

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
Just an FYI: the Splash-O-Matic dos 26 damage per shot. This means one defense up main ability will turn the 4HKO into a 5HKO. Obviously, the damage up main ability can counter this but I don't know if this weapon will be popular enough to create ability creeping (similar to speed creeping if you play competitive Pokemon).

Also, I did a quick breakdown and analysis video on the Splash-O-Matic. I would really appreciate it if you guys took a look!

Great video! Also why does the game look better in your video than it does on my TV...

LuisGVN

Inkling
NNID
Luis-GVN
I did a mini breakdown of it, it's not the most unique weapon like the ink brush but with the right combination of clothing abilities, it can be a great weapon, plus you know, BOMB PARADE!

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Weapon is good, but I got bored by it. It is basicly a better Aerospray. You really need that damage up perk, since a defense up can turn this weapon from a barely 4 shot kill to 5 shots. Biggest weakness is the lack of range it has.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
So I tried this out for a bit tonight.
I like the Splash-O-Matic; it fires fast, doesn't have much spread and has Suction Bomb Rush (and of course, Suction Bombs). After toying with the Tentatek Splattershot earlier and loving basically everything except the Inkzooka (it's good, but I'm not really feeling it), this looked to be my new favorite weapon.
Afterward... Well, I like it, I could see myself bringing it out from time to time, but I'll probably stick to Tentatek and .52 Gal Deco for now.
I like the shooting, it has enough spread that it can sorta compensate for my crappy aim and it's pretty fast. I like the Suction Bomb, it's my second-favorite sub weapon to use (Seekers will always be first for me). I like Suction Bomb Rush, it's like Suction Bombs but more (well, that's actually all it is, but I still like it) and I felt like I got it fairly quickly, which is nice (but could have been my gear, think I had Special Charge Ups on my shoes).
But I don't love the weakness, it keeps me from winning firefights up close that I could have won with the Tentatek. And I don't love the range, which doesn't feel long enough and keeps me from winning firefights I could with the .52 Deco.
Overall, definitely flawed, but it's got nice strengths and feels like it fits my playstyle, so it's a keeper for me, even if I might not pull it out too regularly.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
It's good, mostly because it compliments its special well.

Suction Bomb rush is insanely good, since the bombs stick to where you throw them and detonate after a time, creating a huge area that your opponents can't go. The Rapid Blaster Deco already had this combo, but the Splash-o-Matic is able to build up special MUCH quicker, making you a lot more dangerous with this special. Tack on some special charge up and special duration up and you are good to go.

Gun itself is alright, honestly I feel like it's fairly similar to the N-Zap.
In addition to that, Bomb Rush can be used as a sort of 'smokescreen' if you will to hide from your opponents once the explosions start going off. Just toss those Suction Bombs like crazy, hide, and shoot from a different angle. Really hard to counter to this. Inkstrike is basically your only saving grace. So yeah, Splashomatic is pretty damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom