• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splash-o-matic Discussion

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I like it! It's really strong because of the accuracy and loadout, but not too strong. A very balanced weapon imo!

Bomb subweapons usually aren't my thing, but I found myself having a lot of fun with the suction bomb rush! Also, from the very first match I picked this up, I got a really high score in turf war every match : P So yeah, definitely a lot of fun for me, I'm more of a fan of the Ink Brush at the moment but this will definitely see some use.

Indy Wolfy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CheveyoWolf

this weapon is a thing that lets you get suction rush every ten seconds so yeah it's strong
Of course the screenshot would be me getting splatted by your hands :P, btw ggs earlier

As for the weapon, I see this weapon being extremely viable in splat zone with its suction bombs and it has a strong range and fire rate to nab some kills and keep opponents from charging in. But in just turf wars, I'll stick with the Aerospray send it spreads ink better than the splash-o-matic.

Overall, I'm gonna swap between the .52 Gal Deco, and Splash-o-matic for Ranked play but its definitely a lot better than the Inkbrush imo.

Reactions: flc

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i like how it feels. it's a bit weak, but honestly i think more of the rapid-fire guns should be this weak..

Last edited:

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
that bomb rush is scary. seen it turn the tables in 10 seconds left of a game. @_@'

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
This weapon is really sweet. If the rapid fire doesn't cover enough ground and finish off foes quick, then the Suction Bomb Rush definitely will. I think it'll replace the Aerospray RG as my main.

One Stick

Inkling
Love the weapon but really not a fan of the sub or special. Wish it was a Bubbler or something different. It's one of my top 3 weapons though.

inkopolis

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kkraid
I really like the feel of it so far. I think it's a nice rapid-fire gun, and has a good balance.

2dtoday

Inkling
NNID
2dtoday
Personally, I've gained a new respect for the Suction Bomb Rush special. It's capable of covering a ton of ground, while simultaneously driving all enemies out of the area you're retaking. It's also something of a spectacle, with all the explosions and the unpredictable nature of where the next bomb will land. The standard bomb rush may be underwhelming, but the Suction Bomb Rush is really quite useful and a ton of fun to deploy. Couple it with the fast special charging of the Splash-O-Matic and the various tricky uses of the standard Suction Bomb, and you've got yourself a really decent loudout. Goodbye Aerospary. Hello Splash-O-Matic!

MaikoRules

Full Squid
NNID
MaikoRules
I use SS Jr (with echolocater) and i honestly think ive lost 80% of the 1 on 1 battles versus this weapon.
I honestly dont understand why!
is there something about this weapon im not thinking about when i engage them?

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
I use SS Jr (with echolocater) and i honestly think ive lost 80% of the 1 on 1 battles versus this weapon.
I honestly dont understand why!
is there something about this weapon im not thinking about when i engage them?
You could have searched for the jr. thread but here's the lowdown anyway:

The jr. has a wild spread that makes hitting anyone outside of very close rather inconsistent so you generally won't win head on
confrontations unless they don't aim well. Focus more on inking the ground to build your special and avoid confronting the enemy unless
you know you have the advantage. USE BOMBS WISELY to fend off attackers or dislodge enemies in high places holding you down.

Anyway about suction bombs has anyone noticed they're literally exploding cans of paint?

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
I'll try to keep it short:
Design: Best Design ingame / on par with the Hero Replica
Fun to use: One of the coolest weapons imo.
Sub and Special: AWESOME! 'Nuff said.
Weapon itself: Fantastic. I was hoping for a bit more range but having Suction Bomb Rush makes up for that.
I am absolutely satisfied with this weapon, it's definitely going to be among my main weapons.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I'm loving this weapon. So, so much.
But just for Turf War, for now.
Putting on Special Charge Ups gave me Suction Bomb Rushes so fast and so often, it was insanely crazy. And the shooting's like an Aerospray with more range, it's surprisingly good for splatting people.
Just won a 3v4 Turf War (someone disconnected, I assume) with this thing. Not sure how that happened, but it did, and I got like 1200ish points, which is really satisfying after losing like five Ranked matches in a row.
I'm just not sure how to use this in Splat Zones. Does anyone have any advice on using this in Splat Zones? I like this weapon, I'm just not sure how to make it work there.
Also, one more question: can the Suction Bombs thrown during Suction Bomb Rush charge for another one if they explode after you run out? Because I think that happened to me, I got a Suction Bomb Rush like three seconds after finishing another one and that seems like the only way that could ever happen.

MagnaX7

Full Squid
NNID
MagnaX7
I'm just not sure how to use this in Splat Zones. Does anyone have any advice on using this in Splat Zones? I like this weapon, I'm just not sure how to make it work there.
Me thinks that the accuracy allows the weapon to take out players trying to get to the zone, while the Suction Bombs drive enemies out of the Splat Zone. The special is also incredible, as it litterely nullifies enemy control of the Zone due to area denial.

dustmyte

Full Squid
NNID
dustmyte
Splash-O-Matic? YES. It's the SMG for rifle lovers like myself. 96 Gals are always going to be bad news, but you can't win em all. This will probably be my new main weapon for Turf Wars since it's good for both painting and killing... and you really have to paint a lot to win turf.

Last edited:

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
holy squid I have to do another post: The Suction Bomb Rush is SO DAMN strong in Turf War. On the right maps one suction bomb rush towards the end of the game is enough to turn the tide and secure your team a victory that would've been a loss. Not only does it push back enemies and "restrict" the area for them - or it kills them - no it also covers SO damn much turf. I love this weapon.

Shooba

Inkling
NNID
Johan.Holmberg
I LOVE this weapon in Splat Zones!
It's decent when it comes to splash enemies and spray the zone area.
The Suction Bombs that comes with it are phenomenal when it comes to take control/keep control over the zones!

sunfallSeraph

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sunfallSeraph
I didn't expect too much from this weapon (thought it would just be a mediocre Aerospray), but wow I love this thing. It's like someone took the RG and fixed the nozzle so that it would finally shoot straight, lol. The coverage is still pretty good, you just have to strafe to cover wider areas, and it's way more reliable for combat. The Suction Bomb is a huge help for giving you a leg up in firefights that you aren't going to win head-on; it's super useful for feints, flanking, and space denial. You can even throw one down to cover your back for a second while you scout enemy territory. And that Bomb Rush, wow. So unexpectedly good, and you'll be getting access to it a lot if you stay alive. I've gotten away with stuff I really should not have with this special such as walking backwards through enemy ink throwing down bombs in front of me while under fire... and living! Really silly sometimes, and it only gets better with Bomb Distance Up on your gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom