• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest Clout win? Are you kidding me?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
why does people still say it counts for mirror matches then? i'm sorry but i keep hearing other info then this site is telling me.
Forget what other people are telling you. The explanation on Inkipedia comes from the official patch notes provided by Nintendo.

And is also, again, the only system that is fair. Even if it wasn't stated in the patch notes, there still wouldn't be a reason to assume that mirror matches would count. There's is nothing logical about that.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
so from my understanding..if i understood it right it isn't based on winrate at all now but the clout while mirror matches don't count,and the clout is based on how much you ink,and you get extra clout when you win from the enemy team,while the matching team names will also give the team a bonus when they win? i think i get it now! ^^''

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
That's true for Normal mode, yes. Pro mode is scored differently--you only get Clout for winning, and the amount is equal to the Power of the other team, no bonuses except for the random 10x or 100x multipliers that can show up.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
That's true for Normal mode, yes. Pro mode is scored differently--you only get Clout for winning, and the amount is equal to the Power of the other team, no bonuses except for the random 10x or 100x multipliers that can show up.
ah! that's also interesting! but i think i like the normal mode more cause that mode also seems the 1 where you can get more clout for your team due to the bonuses and such,it sucks i never had the chance to do a 10x or 100x match,i actually wanted the chance to have 1 and hopefully win it but hopefully next splatfest this will happen! >.< but i do have 1 more question about the 10x and 100x matches..if you get the chance to do 1 but lose that match..will the enemy team get the 100x clout points then?

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I kinda agree with OP, but I don't know really know how this works. Under the percentage for the amount of clout, it said like 6000 something, even though I got more than that during the Splatfest? How does that work?

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Here is how I understand the Clout system...

It's based on these factors:
A) how much you ink (your base clout)
B) whether you win or not (clout bonus)
C) how well you match up with your team when you win (synergy multiplier, which also figures into your team rank score)
D) 10x or 100x multiplier where applicable

Add clout up for everyone in your team and that's your team's clout score for the battle.

If you look on SplatNet 2 though, it doesn't simply add up all the clout and assign a percentage, it seems to award the category win based on *average team clout earned per battle* (which actually means they COULD count mirror matches, but they still choose not to). The "percentages" then are the percent of total average clout earned by both teams. It's a bit convoluted that way.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
First 3 - 0 i've seen in a while.
I think this system works.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Here is how I understand the Clout system...

It's based on these factors:
A) how much you ink (your base clout)
B) whether you win or not (clout bonus)
C) how well you match up with your team when you win (synergy multiplier, which also figures into your team rank score)
D) 10x or 100x multiplier where applicable

Add clout up for everyone in your team and that's your team's clout score for the battle.

If you look on SplatNet 2 though, it doesn't simply add up all the clout and assign a percentage, it seems to award the category win based on *average team clout earned per battle* (which actually means they COULD count mirror matches, but they still choose not to). The "percentages" then are the percent of total average clout earned by both teams. It's a bit convoluted that way.
Oh, so your total clout at the end of the Splatfest means nothing D:

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
I wish there was a better explanation from the makers of the game instead of having all of us try to guess how their system works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom