• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest for NA: Naughty or Nice

Pick a side

• Naughty

Votes: 58 46.0%
  • Nice

Votes: 68 54.0%

• Total voters

Zolda

Full Squid
I ended up choosing Team Nice because from everything I'd been reading it sounded like they were the better team, but I have never regretted my team choice as much as this. I can't even get to Defender because all we do is lose. Despite my salty whining though I don't think it would actually be any better on Naughty, I think both teams suck this time.

Honestly the worst part isn't even the constant losses, it's the fact that I can barely get into a game to begin with. In the time I've spent waiting for opponents I could have played 2-3 matches. I'm probably going to just give it a few more tries and then give up completely because I do not have the patience for this.

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
Team Naughty. Steamrolled without much issue until about 30/99 Champ. Some losses in between. Then high rank and skilled Nicers dominated. Disconnecting from teammates you mesh well with doesn't help. But, after reaching Queen, I found another nice group and we won 6-8 in a row. I stayed after max to make up what I could for my losses and poor performance to the team. Then another disconnect and some high A and probably formerly S ranks joined against my next group. Left after one camped loss. Being stubborn after a bad loss is how I keep getting up to A98 and then find myself at worst, back to B+. So I'm learning (slowly) when to stop and accept the current players online are much better than I.

GG to both sides. I had about 3 mirror matches in the 4-5 hours played, so popularity may be fairly even depending on others' experiences.

I really like the stages, though I do miss old UU. New one is alright. I guess I'm used to it, but can't seem to fully accept it.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Maybe it's the updated matchmaking but I skyrocketed to nice champion way faster than usual this splatfest, happy to see the side of good doing so well, don't want to be too confident though, the naughty team can still turn this around. I,m hearing alot that the sides are pretty even, maybe in the spirit of Christmas both sides will get the same amount of sea snails

Honestlt havent had this much fun in a splatfest since the epic art vs science battle, still one of my favorite splatfest next to cats vs dogs
I got halfway through Naughty Defender pretty quickly. Judging by all the luck the Nice peeps are having as well, I'd agree that this Splatfest is even. I had one REALLY good game on Urchin Underpass. It was a fight to take mid the entire game and it was close, but we won.
Why did I pick Nice? Ugh, it's already over. Naughty has pretty much got it in the bag to be honest.
NOPE, N-N-N-N-N-NOPE! Team Nice has had some really strong players my friend. Besides, there's still about 12 hours left and popularity is about even (I only got into 1 mirror match with my fellow Naughty members). Don't give up hope JUST yet. ^^

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
NOPE, N-N-N-N-N-NOPE! Team Nice has had some really strong players my friend. Besides, there's still about 12 hours left and popularity is about even (I only got into 1 mirror match with my fellow Naughty members). Don't give up hope JUST yet. ^^
2/3 of my matches have been Nice.

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
Ugh, I just got up and wanted to work my way up to king quickly, but thanks to the stupid connection problems I'm still at fanboy. 5 matches in a row!

Edit: Make that 6 and counting. Yes I am salty, I haven't seen such terrible connection in a game since Brawl.

Edit 2: 10 matches in a row. 10!!!!! I would have flung my game pad into the wall by now if not for the fact that it's the special edition wind wake one.
But how for the love of Judd is this acceptable!??!

Last edited:

Drip Bam Boozle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sludgetoon
Why did I pick Nice? Ugh, it's already over. Naughty has pretty much got it in the bag to be honest.
I hope I don't get the same feeling of dread that the transformers splat fest gave me. Being on Autobots was actually painful and the results showed it. Writing this now I just realized you could interpret this splatfest as good v evil (Autobots v Decepticons).

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I was on some really good Nice teams where we dominated, so of course I disconnected afterwards. That is so annoying. It never happens with bad teams.

Silentium

Senior Squid
I'll probably play a few hours just to get to the max Splatfest level then call it good. I played a Splatfest the entire day before... never again. Does anyone play splatfests for the entire day?

And I was considering joining team nice, but is it really as bad as people are saying?

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Both teams are pretty bad to be honest. Most matches seem determined by who has more level 50 or close to level 50 players on their team.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Seeing the horror/success stories from both sides this time, it might actually be somewhat even. I have been seeing good and bad players on both teams, and actually been playing well (although there are a bunch of 3v4s both ways).

Also, some of these Team Naughty posts should tone down. I found someone so naughty they went to the Disney website... without parental permission.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Team Nice.

I had a nice time this Splatfest. Majority of my matches were wins, had one match where we lost by 0.1, and one match where it was a 3vs4 and Team Naughty spawn camped us. Other than that it was wins. I'd say Team Nice wins in matches, but that's just my side.

In popularity, only had one match against my own team, so it's probably really close.

SplatoonisBagels

Inkster Jr.
NNID
joje02
Notes:
-2 Same Team Matches
-8 Losses
-11 Wins
-Near Equal Popularity
-Christmas Theme

Conclusion:
Wow this Splatfest is gonna be good

I was on Team Nice

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
My brother is TEAM naughty and he won 17 times in a row and I got to So Hawt!! + 20 B^)
GO TEAM NAUGHTY!!!

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Anyone else with horrible connectivity?

I played for an hour and was only able to play through a whole three-minute match five times. The rest of the hour was playing for thirty seconds to a minute before disconnecting. I tried this for three hours and only got to complete seven matches. What's going on? Why can't I stay online for more than a minute before getting dropped? Otherwise, I'm having some great and balanced matches against Team Naughty.

Anyone else having unplayable connections?
a quarter of my matches I had disconnects from the VERY BEGINNING... I won them all though hehehehe I love it... 3 vs 4 is what I live for! I wish I could tell the disconnecters on my team we won (I'm banned from miiverse though >:

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Great, the one time I choose the team I think will win, it has to be absolute crap. Everyone I played with is doing atrociously. I don't get how 2/3 of my plaza can be wearing Nice shirts when Naughty is the most popular. Should have went with my gut and choose team nice in the first place
I have yet to play another team naughty it's like super even maybe 49/51 I hear Nice is getting some Nice too... idk

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I think it is definitely more even...but no less frustrating. I just can't have a good time in splatfest anymore.

The connection is just bad enough to be maddening and not hilarious. I'm hitting people point blank with three burst bombs but they just shrug it off and splat me.

I'm halfway to nice king but I'm not sure I actually want to finish it out.

Silentium

Senior Squid
I think it is definitely more even...but no less frustrating. I just can't have a good time in splatfest anymore.

The connection is just bad enough to be maddening and not hilarious. I'm hitting people point blank with three burst bombs but they just shrug it off and splat me.

I'm halfway to nice king but I'm not sure I actually want to finish it out.
Right, Splatfests always seemed to have connection issues.
Seeing as how some stuff came up, I'll probably only play a couple hours or so then call it quits. No need raging at something you can't fix.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
almost lost my mind for the first hour i had Mahi Mahi Resort for 12 maps in a row and was using short range weapon but broke even then we went on a winning streak of around 8 games due to the other team having 3 to 4 rollers it was just a weird splatfest for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom