• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest for NA: Naughty or Nice

Pick a side

• Naughty

Votes: 58 46.0%
  • Nice

Votes: 68 54.0%

• Total voters

twizbuck

Inkling
Begrudgingly, I'm going to give this splatfest a try. My expectations are severely low so maybe I can enjoy it more.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
All these maps are in the middle for me. Don't hate them, don't love them.

Just glad there's no Museum.
So there is a map you hate...
Edit: Disregard that, I read your post wrong. You can tell I'm tired after the misspellingredients of "happy" and now this. XD

I'm glad Mahi Mahi Resort got to be in a Splatfest. I figured it would.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, looks like I'm ditching the Splatfest already. Lately it seems that Splatoon always wants me to have the worst possible time in every single game :confused:

Edit: My Gamepad died, so I can't really do much of anything else. I might just end up ditching the game for good if this keeps up

Last edited:

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So, initial impressions:

I think the teams are about equally matched, skill-wise. I fought one Naughty team that managed to spawncamp us into oblivion, but other than that, every match so far has been okay. Win some, lose some. Even if one of those losses was A) the first match of the night, and B) they had a player disconnect.

Popularity-wise, it seems just as even. Although I've counted slightly more Naughty squiddos dancing in the plaza than my fellow Nice guys & gals.

Overall, it's going MUCH better than the last one.

I'm going to turn in early anyway, though. This sickness combined with the meds to combat it are screwing with my head, I can't think straight. Not that I've needed people to carry me throughout my matches; I can still function, just not optimally. Hopefully a good night's rest will clear things up.

DJVee

Inkling
NNID
DJVeeWolf
Chose Team Nice, because I anticipated a deluge of Naughty participants to weaken their side, much like Pirates vs Ninjas. I am on the side of good because I want mah fights to mattah! Strictly business, loves. I'm sure you understand. While it seems the fight is pretty even right now, we'll see how the tide of battle turns as the war rages on!

To arms! See you lot on the battlefield tomorrow!

twizbuck

Inkling
4 games in and i think I'm done. 1-3, with 3 utter annihilations. Opponents have been all 40+. Maybe I just have horrid luck with splatfest.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Chose Team Nice, because I anticipated a deluge of Naughty participants to weaken their side, much like Pirates vs Ninjas. I am on the side of good because I want mah fights to mattah! Strictly business, loves. I'm sure you understand. While it seems the fight is pretty even right now, we'll see how the tide of battle turns as the war rages on!

To arms! See you lot on the battlefield tomorrow!
Don't get arrogant now my friend... ;)

Ice-Fisher

Inkling
NNID
Ice-Man
Maybe it's the updated matchmaking but I skyrocketed to nice champion way faster than usual this splatfest, happy to see the side of good doing so well, don't want to be too confident though, the naughty team can still turn this around. I,m hearing alot that the sides are pretty even, maybe in the spirit of Christmas both sides will get the same amount of sea snails

Honestlt havent had this much fun in a splatfest since the epic art vs science battle, still one of my favorite splatfest next to cats vs dogs

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
i was in a lobby with a splatterscope, neo luna and gold aerospray with me as dual and we were wreaking havoc. our longest win streak was 10/12. sadly in one match everything went crazy. everyone was lagging like crazy. squids swimming in ink that isn't there's. teleportation etc. it was hilarious. sadly i disconnected from my team. in the beginning i was using the splash-o-matic and was paired wirh a neo sploosh, octoshot and .52 gal and we spawned camped every single match except maybe one which we still won. eventually the octoshot left/disconnected and it just wasn't the same. i had a few losses in between these two awesome teams. overall it's looking pretty even. sadly i can't use my trusty custom jet because of the current map rotation (sure i can use it, it's just a little difficult to use now because of how compact the stages are). last splatfest had the best map rotation for it. fight on team nice.

PiyozR

Senior Squid
NNID
titanmkiii
Anyone else with horrible connectivity?

I played for an hour and was only able to play through a whole three-minute match five times. The rest of the hour was playing for thirty seconds to a minute before disconnecting. I tried this for three hours and only got to complete seven matches. What's going on? Why can't I stay online for more than a minute before getting dropped? Otherwise, I'm having some great and balanced matches against Team Naughty.

Anyone else having unplayable connections?

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Anyone else with horrible connectivity?

I played for an hour and was only able to play through a whole three-minute match five times. The rest of the hour was playing for thirty seconds to a minute before disconnecting. I tried this for three hours and only got to complete seven matches. What's going on? Why can't I stay online for more than a minute before getting dropped? Otherwise, I'm having some great and balanced matches against Team Naughty.

Anyone else having unplayable connections?
Once I get in a match, it doesn't seem to be any more of an issue than it usually is for me. (A little less actually, assuming because it's single region matches.) But, I do keep getting kicked out of the lobby for a "Disconnected from team".

I'm done for now though. I'm getting frustrated that I have to keep defending our entire half of the map alone. Like, people just keep on dropping out of nowhere and destroying while the rest of my team goes about their merry little way. It's not hard to check the map every once in a while...

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
All right, finished up my run to Naughty King.

09 The King Who Deserves to Be Spanked.jpg

Man, and I thought Marshmallows vs. Hot Dogs was rough. Even though I made it to SO HAWT, there were those strings of really bad matches where we all simply lost our heads halfway into the match (if one of us didn't disconnect, that is).

Whatever, I still get 18 Snails out of all this.

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
Personally, I feel it's pretty even. I won some matches, lost some. I debated on whether to use the Tentatek, but the Inkzooka is just horrendous for Mahi Mahi Resort. So I went for the regular Splattershot. I did a lot better after that.

To you Naughty folks, I wouldn't be too worried. I think you guys have a somewhat higher win rate.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I think PORT MACKEREL (JKJK)
Uhm.... Mahi Mahi
Hammerhead bridge (yeah we haven't seen this one)
Bluefin Depot (haven't seen this one in a while right?)

IDEALLY:
Mahi Mahi
Moray Towers
Flounder Heights
I got two of the ones I want and love Urchin so I'm REALLY HAPPY AND CONFIDENT!

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
All right, finished up my run to Naughty King.

View attachment 2461

Man, and I thought Marshmallows vs. Hot Dogs was rough. Even though I made it to SO HAWT, there were those strings of really bad matches where we all simply lost our heads halfway into the match (if one of us didn't disconnect, that is).

Whatever, I still get 18 Snails out of all this.
Omg you're toasty... When I made it almost to burger queen I was so hawt + 27 omg

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Great, the one time I choose the team I think will win, it has to be absolute crap. Everyone I played with is doing atrociously. I don't get how 2/3 of my plaza can be wearing Nice shirts when Naughty is the most popular. Should have went with my gut and choose team nice in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom