• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest Psychoanalysis Game

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
With Splatfest right around the corner, I welcome you all to a game of sorts!

With no rotation and the raised stakes during Splatfest, you know how you end up with the same teammates for multiple matches? So much, that you feel like you’ve started to bond with these people, maybe even learned a bit about them from how they play.

Or maybe, you’ve started to fill in the blanks, imagining what these players, or more importantly, what their inklings are like.

That’s essentially the premise of this game; during Splatfest, when you’re on a roll and get stuck with a certain team, pay attention to the people you’re playing with. Start coming up with a personality for their inkling based on how they play, their shown name, what weapon they're using and how their inkling is dressed. It’s like that one game where you pick a random person and try to come up with an fake life-story, but for Splatfest!

There’s no real requirement for “playing” --besides participate in Splatfest and use your imagination-- but the idea is to come up with the personalities, and possibly backstories, of the inklings you played with. Take the visual qualities of the inklings you see and put some depth behind it. Maybe even describe their relationships with your own inkling, or the squad dynamic.

Don’t focus too hard, but pay attention and give this some thought. Letting your imagination wander is easy to do while waiting for matches to start and, I think, this makes Splatfest more fun.

I should add that this game was inspired by @M-Man ‘s noir-style Splatoon fanfiction, where they do something similar to come up with Moon-Man’s squad. (Check this out if you want)

I would be totally impressed if anyone took this game as far as a dramatic retelling of their Splatfest experience or another entire fanfiction. But in any case, let’s see if this get this rolling!

So, that’s all! In any case, do as much or as little as you like. If you think you might be interested, don't hesitate to chime in and keep this thread afloat.

Any questions?

TL;DR Play Splatfest, imagine personalities for your Splatfest team, then post your findings.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Not that anyone would forget that Splatfest starts tonight (or whenever it is in you timezone), but today's the day! Just a reminder that this is a thing.
Enjoy Splatfest everyone!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Oh, hey right, this was a thing. I don't know if anyone actually found anything, but it you're looking for a snarky read here (wrote this up, might as well post it):

Alright so, there was a moment within the first two hours of the NA splatfest where my friends and I agreed that we hated the ink colors and didn’t understand the theme and couldn’t stand our Autobot teammates, and basically… the super sweet “On a roll” team I got as a marshmallow camper didn’t happen.

Basically, what I expected to happen didn’t, and in my desperation to make this post happen, I grabbed a notebook to keep track of teammates.
Just don’t do that. I will say that it helps to be doing well during Splatfest for this type of thing, but jotting notes takes the fun out of letting your imagination wander as you play. Of course, all my teammates were like sand slipping through my fingers.

So I took this in a different direction. The best I could do was give you the observations of an inkling name Ammy. I should probably come up with some actual characters from these observations after.

The “Dream Team” (while it lasted, which was not long, so I wouldn’t actually call this the dream team):
Adán:
Splash-o-matic, Ika musume hat, LE hightops and dark eyes. ….They were like, median in terms of level and ink and…. who cares man???
Sorry. They ollie-outie’d too soon for me to make a read. But I got down thier name and stuff? They’re only here ‘cause they were part of a team I thought was cool.

Dad:
Actual team dad. He wore a Streetstyle cap, so like “howdy do, fellow kids.” He also wore Oyster Clogs, and I swear Oyster Clogs look so wonky and might actually be “dad shoes.”
But his orange eyes made him seem hopeful. Oh yeah, they were frickin’ level 5 but they kept up so, he was our team prodigy. (Or the player made a new account and was like ahahaha.) All in all, probably a dude with an awful sense of humor (probably mostly cheesy dad jokes) and yet probably a fun inkling.
Also, he used a vanilla .52 Gal. ….And let me tell you, the .52 gal is sort of a “dad weapon,” when you think about it, right?

E:
Just “E”, short and sweet. Kind of our high scorer with her golden Aeropsray RG. She could handle herself; we were about equal level, but she went with the more reliable weapon. She had a Visor Skate Helmet, gold eyes and Squink Wingtip shoes. A mix of gold accents and classy footwear gave me this “fancy” vibe. But y’know, safety first. Gotta have a helmet.
So this inkling? Materialistic and action oriented.

Ammy:
God, who the shell is this? (‘Dis is me, fyi) A squiffer main, barely one standard above the people using the Bamboozlers, in terms of screwing around, but actually not a pushover. I swear. Truly, just looking for a team where she wasn’t constantly the losing, while being the highest scorer, as a support weapon. I mean, sheesh.
She was wearing Blue Moto Boots (with lots of speed ups, gotta go fast) and creepy Octoling goggles at the time. Got really fed up with things and started shifting around weapons and clothes like mad later. Carried around a notebook full of former team member names, ominously crossing their names off as she left rooms. Generally salty about this Splatfest.

Other people I noticed and pretty much cried over who happened to be wearing red Hi-tops:
jj:

This was a cool dude. ‘Cause a pair of Aviator shades always scream cool to me. Lowercase nickname is also the epitome of casual. And cool. Also, wearing Red Hi-tops shoes, and I love the color red so…. that was cool. But he also used a Splash-O-matic, and I happen to think that the suction bombs and pinpoint shooting are also coo-- you get the idea.
Our original team left and but the two of us stayed behind. Probably a nod to each other, a “you’re cool” kind of thing.
He seemed like the kind of person to be super chill about being boss, and but also resilient in defeat. When we got new teammates we won our first couple matches. But then we didn’t. He stayed, maybe he had faith in the team like I did.
And then we didn’t win again. I can’t blame them for leaving the lobby. But when jj didn’t appear again, I was crushed. So long man. ;__;

Selena:
A girl inkling, that I swear, was sent from above. Like a sign.
Already an Autobot Queen, I had no idea what she was doing in this lobby, but y’know, alright. In my last legs of being a Champion, this mighty Krak-on Queen was a spawn-camping killer. I swear, with a name like Selena, she had to be some magical girl, pure of heart and courageous, while squishing the opponents like bugs, probably smiling all the way.
Spawn-camping was cheap, but to be fair, I helped. How could I not? She was wearing the same hat as me (Streetstyle Cap), and a sweet pair of Red Hi-tops, my favorite color. Again, I swear this person was a sign, maybe sent just for me.
Then, suddenly like she appeared, she was gone. She was long overdue to stop playing, but…. still…;__;

M-Man

Inkling
NNID
TheFlutterWonder
This is very nice! Some of the best ideas come from the spontaneity of battle. Your character creation is inspiring, but also they serve as great bases for further development. I would encourage you maybe do a little short with them, but whatever comes to your mind freely is usually the best.

I'm very honored to have supplied this idea of cross-inspection and I really hope more people can grow to think this creatively. Was an enjoyably heart-warming read.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
This is very nice! Some of the best ideas come from the spontaneity of battle. Your character creation is inspiring, but also they serve as great bases for further development. I would encourage you maybe do a little short with them, but whatever comes to your mind freely is usually the best.

I'm very honored to have supplied this idea of cross-inspection and I really hope more people can grow to think this creatively. Was an enjoyably heart-warming read.
Holy heck, this is so awesome coming from you.
:D In any case, this is totally what I hope to inspire!

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
OH damn I forgot this was a thing. Thank Judd I remember the weapons ;v;

So this Splatfest went great for me. I was most likely the first one to reach Queen rank (I never saw another Queen/King throughout Splatfest), since I woke up at around 4:30am, 30 minutes before Splatfest. Have to say: I was very dehydrated at the start, but after my brother woke up it just went. I didn't drink a drop of water throughout that whole day either.

Oh, and you know what? I was waiting for SO LONG to encounter a dancing queen. Why?
I swear I barely even saw any champions on Dancing. Singing was just that good, it seemed.

Really though, around 6:15am I ended up receiving my title of Singing Queen, and I was so proud of myself since last Splatfest I only got to Defender. ;v;
Anyways, to people!

TimetoDie (TD)

Uhh...I dunno what to say. He used the new L-3 Nozzlenose D and wore a Safari Hat and a...pair of old boots? I dunno what to call them, never seen 'em before. He seems like a 'hunter' type - hard working and all that, what with his outfit and all. Won't let dirt, germs or time stop him from doing hard work. At least, that's how I see him. He was really helpful to Tristian, too. I have a feeling they might be brothers.

Tristian
Gah, this guy. One of the "D twins" (yeah please don't take that out of context), he wore a pair of Retro Specs (supposedly prescribed) and some black trainers and used the L-3 Nozzlenose D as well (hence the "D twins") and I think that him and TD worked pretty well together. Well coordinated and such. He was...kinda bad at noticing things about terrain during the wars, hence why I think he needs his glasses. Heck, they even fell off during a match and he kept screaming that he couldn't see. TD protected him while he tried to find them, though, just like a big brother.

Hannes
Hoo damn, this chick was amazing with her Inkbrush. She swished her brush so fast it looked like a solid shape, and was the most valuable player after every match. Her scuba mask and cyan trainers gave her a look that sounded like she only used gear for abilities and didn't care what others said. A wise woman I tell you. Seriously though, you'd think she'd be a bit more...elegant, or serious, but NO! Every time she had her brush down she constantly sang! "♪ Floatin' around at the speed of sound, got places to go gotta follow my rainbow! Can't stick around have to keep moving on, guess what lies ahead only ONE WAY TO FIND OUT! ♪"
It's stuck in my head. Help.

Safrina (Me)
Well, this girl. She...well, she used an E-Liter 3K Scope in this team, and wore a Paintball Mask and some Pro Trail Boots. Every time someone threw a bomb at her, she always yelled "I SNIFF BOMBS!" and swam away. However, she was damn serious every other second. She would find a vantage point, cover some turf to use the Echolocator, snipe with god damn accuracy; and, apparently, it was her first time using the weapon. Damn. She...was eccentric enough, and the other teams we faced? They seemed to know her. They ran like cowards when they heard her giggling like a madman after she used her special or splatted another sniper. She was insane. Other times, however, her expression was unreadable and she kept silent; she never cared about the Nice signal, and goes to support her teammates when they shout To me!. She was...more or less the leader of the splatoon. Sometimes, though, she tailed behind her teammates and analyzed them and their play styles, giving her a creepy, stalker-ish vibe. However, her teammates respected her and her tactics and saw her as a good leader.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Really though, around 6:15am I ended up receiving my title of Singing Queen, and I was so proud of myself since last Splatfest I only got to Defender. ;v;
Anyways, to people!
AAAAAaaaah someone else did this i'm so happy
I hope it was a fun perspective on Splatfest, at the very least.

He was...kinda bad at noticing things about terrain during the wars, hence why I think he needs his glasses. Heck, they even fell off during a match and he kept screaming that he couldn't see. TD protected him while he tried to find them, though, just like a big brother.
This is so adorable, the glasses and the Nozzlenoses working to together. You had a team with two Nozzlenoses that did well?? That's sounds so unlikely and yet super awesome.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
AAAAAaaaah someone else did this i'm so happy
I hope it was a fun perspective on Splatfest, at the very least.
I stalked people just for you.
It was fun.
(Oh, and yes, I leveled up during Splatfest and went to go check the weapons shop; as soon as I saw the E-Liter 3K Scope I jumped on it and became a super serious yet insane player.)
I am totally doing this next time, if only to bring the European Splatfest to the table. :D

This is so adorable, the glasses and the Nozzlenoses working to together. You had a team with two Nozzlenoses that did well?? That's sounds so unlikely and yet super awesome.
Hell yeah TD and Tristian did well. They always had their Krakens charged and once the match ended were always standing in between Hannes and me (which is to say I got the lowest score on my team EVERY TIME). Either way, I had a lot of fun both analyzing them and writing them down. Hey, maybe they'll make an appearance in New Inkopolis ;)

Hesoca

Full Squid
Dad:
Actual team dad. He wore a Streetstyle cap, so like “howdy do, fellow kids.” He also wore Oyster Clogs, and I swear Oyster Clogs look so wonky and might actually be “dad shoes.”
But his orange eyes made him seem hopeful. Oh yeah, they were frickin’ level 5 but they kept up so, he was our team prodigy. (Or the player made a new account and was like ahahaha.) All in all, probably a dude with an awful sense of humor (probably mostly cheesy dad jokes) and yet probably a fun inkling.
Also, he used a vanilla .52 Gal. ….And let me tell you, the .52 gal is sort of a “dad weapon,” when you think about it, right?
Oh my goodness I could that happening; you'd have the camera for the beginning of the stage pan over all the teams, everyone being all super-serious... and then this Dad guy would just be there waving at the screen with this big grin and trying to be "hip" in that dad kind of way.

Tristian
Gah, this guy. One of the "D twins" (yeah please don't take that out of context), he wore a pair of Retro Specs (supposedly prescribed) and some black trainers and used the L-3 Nozzlenose D as well (hence the "D twins") and I think that him and TD worked pretty well together. Well coordinated and such. He was...kinda bad at noticing things about terrain during the wars, hence why I think he needs his glasses. Heck, they even fell off during a match and he kept screaming that he couldn't see. TD protected him while he tried to find them, though, just like a big brother.
AAAHHHH this is so precious. I imagine that him losing his glasses is a common issue, considering how hectic TW is. Shows how much of a bro TD is to keep protecting him and whatnot. :3

In any case, here's my notes from last Splatfest. (Err... just ignore the fact that this is 2+ weeks old...)

My notes from this Splatfest turned out pretty well, I think. I'll admit, I never ran into the glorious "dream team" that would effortlessly carry me to Queen status, but there were a few people here-and-there who stuck around, and enough unusual faces for me to remember after the match was over.

Anyway, here's what I got:

Boop (Lv. 18 Champion)
Weapon:
Custom Blaster
Description: Male, Stealth Goggles
Bio: A mysterious assassin in the form of a cyborg, whose sudden appearances send the battlefield into a deathly silence. The mechanical nature of his killings is only magnified by the occasional ‘boop’ of his goggles from which his nickname is derived.

Natasha (Lv. 22 Champion)
Weapon:
Krak-On Roller
Description: Female, Designer Headphones
Bio: A small-town dancer with world-class skill, she prances across the battlefield in style, using the erratic nature of her dances to escape the enemy unscathed. Her weapon is as much a dance partner as it is a tool, and the tornadoes of ink spun out of her twirls and pirouettes are as beautiful as they are terrifying.

Player 8 (Lv. 14 Fiend)
Weapon:
Krak-On Roller
Description: Female, Squidvader Cap
Bio: A snarky gamer looking for a new place to earn a high score. Despite only joining the Splatfest so that she could slaughter people in Squid Jump, she proved to be a competitive edition, leaping into the heat of battle and spamming pings like a true MLG champion.

Asdf (Lv. 34 Queen)
Weapon:
Slosher
Description: Female, Jungle Hat
Bio: A stern survivalist with many war stories of questionable origin, she led the team with the rigor of a small military. The Slosher, she explained (among other pieces of unusual advice), was the most deadly weapon an inkling could handle – if only because no one expected to die by a bucket.

Cjsu (Lv. 17 Fiend)
Weapon:
Krak-On Roller
Description: Female, Squid Girl Cap
Bio: The laidback sidekick of Asdf, whose snarky commentary to the other’s inane ramblings felt reminiscent of the Squid Sister’s stage reports. Being too lazy to move around the map, she often parked herself by Asdf’s side and flung ink in one direction, a strategy which, combined with the survivalist's random firing, proved to be quite effective at splatting unsuspecting enemies.

Brandon (Lv. 24 Fiend)
Weapon:
Aerospray RG
Description: Male, Retro Specs
Bio: An inkling calculator, whose quantified observations and statistical manipulations of probability allow him to remain one step ahead of his enemies. Even his gear is fully optimized, maximizing ink-spreading capabilities without losing offensive presence.

Sascha (Lv. 25 Champion)
Weapon:
Heavy Splatling
Description: Female, Pilot Goggles
Bio: Heavy, meet Sascha, a gatling-touting war machine with a penchant for mowing down enemies. Her maniacal laughter and the rapid stream of “Booyahs!” coming after each of her kills can be heard across the battlefield, much to the fear of her enemies (and teammates.)

And for lulz…

Hesoca (Lv. 27 I-forgot-what-I-was)
Weapon:
Splash-O-Matic
Description: Female, Short Beanie, Strapping Reds
Bio: The team mascot, whose convoluted plans to take enemy territory sound much better on paper than they do in practice. While the rest of the team battled toe-to-toe with the enemy, she cleaned up the sidelines, making sure no enemy ink escaped the fray.

Also DECEPTICONS FTW AHAHAHA

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
;u; I don't care if this is late, I think people actually doing this is super coool. Aaah maybe more people will try next Splatfest!

Also I... I don't even care Decepticons won. I don't... nope.
;_; GG, Hesoca.

Boop (Lv. 18 Champion)
Weapon:
Custom Blaster
Ahahaha, they use a blaster and they're called "Boop." I like the mechanical googles making a beeping (booping?) noise earning the name, but also, like, what if they blast someone and they're like "you got Boop'd."
xD It's like that time one of my friends described sniper shots as being "poked" across the field.

Sascha (Lv. 25 Champion)
Weapon:
Heavy Splatling
Description: Female, Pilot Goggles
Bio: Heavy, meet Sascha, a gatling-touting war machine with a penchant for mowing down enemies. Her maniacal laughter and the rapid stream of “Booyahs!” coming after each of her kills can be heard across the battlefield, much to the fear of her enemies (and teammates.)
Thiiiisss person. She knew what she was about.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Ooops. Forgot this was even a thing. I wonder what'll happen if we ever run into each other? Well, I'll wait 'til next Splatfest since I don't even remember anyone's name during Splatfest. Also Decepticons Champ. B)

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Ahhh, I'm done with Splatfest already so i guess I'll post my psychoanalysis now

Okay, so...I went on a roll with my team this time. We never lost a single match against Tidy, and we entered about five different matches against Messy. We would always cover the map in about one minute, and then pin down the tidies at their spawn. It was fun.

However, I slightly regret not choosing Tidy. Mostly because I didn't get to be the Queen of Clean!
But, of course, you're not here for a recount of my Splatfest. You're here for...

A Splatfest Psychoanalysis!

Maya [Queen, LV 42]
The oldest of the "Spray Sisters", she wore a squid-stitch hat with a pair of football studs. She was always the second to join me at the enemy's base, and she normally had the second most splats in the team.

I had a talk with her at Kelp Me, and I found out that she's an agressively competitive girl in and out of Turf Wars and always talks about her next tournaments and what-not.

Monik [Queen, LV 31]
Being the middle class in the group of Aerospray RGs, she was always the last to join us at spawn and wore a football helmet with some red hi-tops. She has the second lowest splat count at the end of every match, but the second highest score.

The other one who joined me in the talk was Monik, and I found out that she's also competitive, but in a more calm way. She normally cheers Maya up after losing a tourney match and is more or less the "deputy" of their usual team. I also learned that she and Maya play football, and are actually sisters.

Joey [King, LV 49]
This guy was both the oldest and least agressive out of all of us. He never came up to the spawn with us, always had the lowest splat count, and covered the least turf. However, he was a huge help as a support, making sure the team didn't reach our base, and splatted anyone who tried. He wore the squid hairclip with a new pair of neon green sea slugs and used a .52 Gal Deco; different to what everyone else was using.

Joey, outside of Turf Wars, is an extremely mellow dude with a part-time job at 'Kelp Me'. He's a big fan of Takoyaki and enjoys cooking. Sadly, though, he had to leave the Splatfest early to start serving late-night customers at Kelp Me who were done and dusted with the Splatfest.

Pteropine [Queen, LV 30, Me]
Aaaah, this was the youngest of the Spray Sisters, equipped with a hero headset and some gold hi-horses. She was always the first to spawn, and both died and splatted the most out of everyone; not only that, but her score was almost always the highest out of everyone.

Outside of Turf Wars, she's a big fan of the Squid Sisters and whatever the third job is about (people know about it). She knows what the Squid Sister's third job is, but doesn't reveal it to anyone as to not ruin their image and/or lives. She's also a frequent customer at Kelp Me (much to Joey's liking) and rumors say that she's a part of this "third job" that the Squid Sisters supposedly have (she hasn't denied it, so keep bugging her!).

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Ahaha I wrote a sorta dramatic journal of Splatfest from my Inkling's perspective. U.S splatfest so whooo go science... but also art. Anyway, here ya go.

Now, this was an interesting Splatfest. Normally the routine is to hook onto a random topic one felt lukewarm about, then battle to death over it along with violently refusing to “yeah” miiverse posts supporting the other team, buuuuut….
Not so much this time. (I yeah’d the hell out of everything indiscriminately.)
With a book of pencil sketches and another of net ionic equations in my bag, I was pretty conflicted at the voting booth, but ehh, science it was.

Speaking of which, looking at the stage rotation, using my usual Splatfeset weapon, the squiffer, seemed like a horrible, horrible idea because I can’t squiffer on those stages. I can’t. Not on Bluefin, the new Underpass and definitely not the new stage that’d I’d seen only once. One that I had heard was ruled by short range weapons. At least I thought I couldn’t until I picked it up 25 points from Queen and started getting 6-0 ktds. Anyway, I decided I’d bench the squiffer this fest and set myself up with my Custom Splattershot Jr. It felt like betrayal to my sweet charger, but also like winning. So decent trade-off.

I'll introduce cool inklings where they’re relevant. There’s a bit of chronology to this.

- Ammy dis me. Custom Jr. user wearing Pilot goggles and black seahorses. (Arbitrary aviation reference of the day.) Found out that no matter how black your accessories are, it’s difficult to look somber in so much orange. Also found that lots of headgear looks red with orange ink, so later grabbed a short beanie and neon seaslugs and loved it, because red is the best color and this was as close to red ink as she was going to get. Was an inkbrush wielding fiend after setting down the Jr.
Why was she on Science? For chemistry and data analysis and all things wonderful.

Entering Splatfest, my first team was pretty decent, ‘cept we lost. Particularly there was this one inkling who took the theme really seriously, going as far to change their username to H2Oso. I can appreciate the nod to chemistry and dihydrogen monoxide.

After a second loss, I was left alone in the room, and then the entire room got filled with N-Zap 89’s. It worked. It totally worked. I kept the Echolochater churning, they sprinkled and inkstrike’d everything. But one in particular stuck around.

- Shigeru Unfortunately not Miyamoto, but I bet this guy wishes he was. A level 32, who honestly, got ink down, but I really don’t know what he was doing during matches. I’d end up cleaning up his death-splat a lot of the times and end up super jumping to him in really odd areas, like on out of the way grates and right at the enemy spawn. He wore a Samurai helm, fitting for his name, but also Gold Hightops so if he was going for super gaudy, over-the-top clothes, he did it.
So like?? This person? Confusing? Eccentric… but kind of a pushover. Probably takes animes too seriously. Probably thought his clothes made him seem impressive, while I just thought he looked like a weeb. (Says me as I draw anime, in an anime style.)
Why were they on Science? The whole “progress *coughs*video games and gundam anime*coughs* aspect of it. *cough*

Anyways, this N-Zap Brigade wasn’t (all of) the dream team. Not yet.

The Dream Team (My allies to Defender)

- Hyello Everyone go home, this was my favorite person all night. He shows up with an octobrush and a pair of Aviators, and damn it all, I have a weakness for just those things. (Cheesily says “‘Hyello’ to you, too.”)
Originally, I didn’t think much. Thought he could use his brush a bit better, but not only was I wrong but I warmed up to this inkling so much. Hyello was just the most supportive teammate ever.
Despite having Squid Beakons at his disposal, he wore a pair of Cream Hi-tops with stealth, jumping to others and setting up Beakons for other’s use. Speaking about jumping, this was the dude that would protect people jumping to his location. WHAT A SWEETIE.
That was to say, he could definitely handle himself, getting people out of binds with his well timed Kraken. His brush strokes were a lot more deliberate than how I usually use an octobrush, but that was his more controlled playstyle.
The best part was, when we would start matches with the dream team intact, he would Booyah as we dashed off spawn. I couldn’t help but Booyah back.
Cool and collected, supportive, dependable, and such a sweetheart, oh man, Hyello was too great.
Makes me wonder what made them like this. I get the feeling the sunglasses and smile hid some kind of ….experience with pain or… dark unfortunate backstory… Ppfft, nah.
Why was he on Science? Because it helped people. Medical, environmental, the possibilities for making a better world.

- SPC_Price Every team needs some pure offense…. or an Aerospray MG. But Price had a bit of skill behind her gun. She would have probably been our team carry, but I gave her a run for her money with my high point count.
Maybe it was our short-range, high fire-rate weapons, but we were on the same wavelength, agreeing to go up same paths, re-ink walls, or diverge, in sync. She was certainly aware of her surroundings because I’d have matches where we’d tag team, then matches where I wouldn’t see her at all depending on the needs of area control.
Hmm, Lightweight cap and Squid-stitch slip-ons. She was an inkling on the move. Swim speed up and defense; she had places to be and she wouldn’t be stopped. My first impression of her was how she dashed to the center right away after joining a new team, immediately proving herself a smart, aggressive player. So aggressive, blithe but focused, with her serious moments. Definitely had priorities and high standards. One loss and she was gone and that was the end of the dream.
Why was she on science? Had to be engineering. Mechanical for sure. Ground transportation, maybe. (gotta go fast… or actually, I was thinking more like GoGo Tamago.)

Shigeru was also on the dream team too, but I already said I thought he was… eccentric. Anyway, the tale of the dream team…! We got into an awesome rhythm, me starting to Booyah back to Hyello’s morale raise. I saw a squiffer on the other team once and man…. that stung, seeing someone else use my main. So I targeted them mercilessly. It’s a good thing they couldn’t use it for Krak.

This one match, after a bit of booyah-ing back and forth, we got arrogant… and lost our first match. SPC_Price had an agenda that didn’t involve losing teams and took off, but everyone else stuck around. In our next match a heavy splattling replaced her. I think we all recognized our offensive push had been diminished so we all took off towards the center, but we still lost anyway. Hyello… said “Gyoodbye” after that. (I’m hilarious. Actually, I’m just crushed. ;_; )

So everyone’s gone right??? Nahhh. The dream team just mostly dissipated, but I’m sitting in a room with frickin’ Shigeru. To add insult to the injury, one of the next people who entered my room was a splatterscope… who had played with that weapon literally twice. As a charger myself, I was actually offended they showed up to splatfest like this, and… did a metaphorical tuck-and-roll out of the the room.

That’s pretty much the end of the story, except I ran into some other cool people.

Had a match that made me facepalm immediately as I stepped off spawn, where we had two squishy Custom Jrs, a level 12 Krak-on and then… VGC/Mike. This dude was an S rank Splattershot jr. and dang, did he carry our failing team impressively. ...But yeah, 3 splattershot jrs was ridiculous and Mike also attracted some seriously tough opponents so it was a mess. I did not expect to play with an S rank, though. Those parody pictures about an inkling with their team, wearing kiddy leashes? That was me, being babysat by Mike. It was a spiritually enlightening experience.

I also had a run of being an inkbrush master for a while… During that time, there was a cool dude. Named Joe. With bucket. And a hat. He was cooler than I’m making this sound. But basically he was good at splatting people.

Lastly, I had my dream team, but then I found my meme team. Woomy ™ and Zoidberg were definitely some interesting inklings I didn’t stop to chat with, but showed how mean a shot I was with the Squiffer. It felt awesome to be reunited with my main, one shotting suckers in midair.
With that, I finally became a Meme Science Queen. The end…?

Did I mention this is a tad long? Not too bad but yeah, prepare yourself.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Joey [King, LV 49]
This guy was both the oldest and least agressive out of all of us. He never came up to the spawn with us, always had the lowest splat count, and covered the least turf. However, he was a huge help as a support, making sure the team didn't reach our base, and splatted anyone who tried. He wore the squid hairclip with a new pair of neon green sea slugs and used a .52 Gal Deco; different to what everyone else was using.

Joey, outside of Turf Wars, is an extremely mellow dude with a part-time job at 'Kelp Me'. He's a big fan of Takoyaki and enjoys cooking. Sadly, though, he had to leave the Splatfest early to start serving late-night customers at Kelp Me who were done and dusted with the Splatfest.
This sounds just really adorable. Super chill dude who's taking the back seat to all theses hardcore girls.
I kind of love how everyone got tied to this one restaurant, like they all had a hang out place to talk after everything was done and said with splatfest.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
This sounds just really adorable. Super chill dude who's taking the back seat to all theses hardcore girls.
Aha, yup. He was always sitting in the middle of already inked turf while we just bunched up around spawn and dodged their attacks while spamming ink strikes right in front of them. We rarely got splatted, and when we did, we quickly recovered.

I kind of love how everyone got tied to this one restaurant, like they all had a hang out place to talk after everything was done and said with splatfest.
'Kelp Me' was a restaurant that my friend came up with when she was thinking of an OC and refused to not have the word 'Kelp' in the title. XD
Oh, and Joey and Aqua share some similarities (mainly the Takoyaki and where they work). Heck, Joey probably knows her.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I had a rough time this Splatfest 'watching' people.

The Champions fight for their King.
Cody -King
This squid/kid was a true bro to the entire team, sporting his Retro Specs and Black Trainers, same as Artrenn. He ensured that the team was bubbled using his Splattershot Jr. and turfed the opposing team. He was also an incredible shot with it, despite it being really hard to aim with that thing. Cody was pretty optimistic about everything and every time he would shout "Booyah!" every time at the end of match, and being answered by happy Booyahs from us, Causing more from him. It was a shame he left, because afterwards the end of the following matches were empty and quiet. ;_;

rigging -Champion
rigging or as I liked to call him Rig, mainly because he used the Aerospray RG and 'rigged' mines all around key positions on the map, He was... pretty unpredictable that way. Because well his mines wouldn't always be there. But he made up for it in Turfing in his pretty out of the way fashion, I mean a Armor Helmet Replica and Soccer Cleats? Clearly this guy just wanted to get the job done. Me and him stuck together until he had to go work at Squidbucks.

Ace -Champion (and a ton of symbols)
This guy was true to his name, it was as if he was 'holding aces' with his Beak-ons and Kraken. I forgot his appearance but he looked pretty good. (I think) The kid had lightning reflexes with his arms, it was like he had rubber bands for them, flailing them around at a high speed. His placement of Beak-ons though were stunning like he was a true strategist, always somewhere behind us if we got splatted he would've jumped to our location and continue the fight. This kid had tons of tricks up his sleeve (Or cards in his hand?)

Artrenn -Champion (Me. Ironic isn't it? ARTrenn fighting for science, not Art)
Then there was this dude, the 'BG Hero' of sorts charging into battle wielding a L-3 Nozzlenose D, wearing Pilot Goggles and the same shoes as Cody. He usually had the highest splat count of the group. Tossing Burst Bombs, popping Krakens and doing generally whatever was needed, to splat the enemy. I would say he was pretty Splat-hungry, but he did get the job done. Whatever it was.
I have to say, the Art vs Science Splatfest was pretty close. I have to say to them, GG.
That score at the end though, infuriated me.:mad:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
This squid/kid was a true bro to the entire team, sporting his Retro Specs and Black Trainers, same as Artrenn.
Hahah, sounds like you guys were dressed for the occasion. (Go science!!)

rigging or as I liked to call him Rig, mainly because he used the Aerospray RG and 'rigged' mines all around key positions on the map
Oh man, so rare is the aerospray who uses actually uses inkmines. This person sounds like they'd be super ready to set up a mine field with that name! xD

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
i swear ill read everyones stuff later gog i need more time in a day

The Dream Team:

Reed: Me! I took on the role of Octobrush support and I just sorta left beacons places so we could hold onto turf. Now, when I was seeking a team--before I ran into these wonderful people--I took on a more pushy role to win. But once I got these three, me and my Plum Kicks and Stereo ‘Phones could get back to doing what I do best: lurk in high traffic areas and cut off the competition.

Hiryu: The first member of the Dream Team. She wielded the .96 Gal Deco and she was a wonderful pusher. There were a few games where she carried us singlehandedly with her skills--cutting through enemy lines like they were butter.

I imagine her as a bubbly and fun with her White Arrowbands, I couldn’t help but imagine a sunny smile. ...which would remain plastered on her face as she scrubbed artists from the battlefield canvas.

Isabelle: Oddly enough, Isabelle wielded a .96 Gal vanilla. Using that to her advantage, she usually found a place and held it. With her sprinklers and Killer Wail, she was a force to be reckoned with.

With her Recon Helm, I imagined her as a silent killer; a foil to Hiryu. She’d lurk in the ink and destroy any who got into her territory. But, behind all that, I saw her as caring--that she’d treat friends the same way as her turf: defend and hold on with an iron grip. I fear for her date.

tofu: very important that there are no caps

tofu was the last member of the Dream Team as she joined us and stuck to us last. As a Slosher, she usually followed one of the other girls on their slaughter spree, helping them out in angles they couldn’t get to with her Bombs and slosh.

I imagine her as a texting, meme-filled ditz and I found that image adorable. I feel like all she wanted was everyone’s love and affection; I couldn’t help but see her as incredibly adorable and she was always decent in ktd and inking--definitely worth having for more than her cutesy personality on the battlefield.

Honourable Mention:

Big Daddy: swagmaster

Seriously, he had the shades and everything. With his Aerospray and shades, he pushed the hell outta the enemy team. Seeing as we kept getting people rotating in and out of the room, we took on the roles of pushing the enemy team back so whatever monkeys we got could figure out how to get to the center. And it worked.

I don’t remember much about you Big Daddy. But you have a place in my heart. You are the swagmaster. Go do unmentionable things.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
And I missed Splatfest because I was playing Mario Maker. Greeaaat. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom