• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfests are unfair

LordNgyes

Inkling
Whenever a Splatfest happens, the least popular team ALWAYS wins! If you are on the popular team, almost all of your battles are against your own team, and all of your wins are wasted in those battles. So if you are on the popular team and you win a Splatfest battle, it probably won't count because you will most likely be against your own team. Nintendo really needs to fix this!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mirror matches don't count, so that's not what's causing that.

It is true that the least popular team wins more often (not always though). What's casuing that is hard to say, and if Nintendo knew they'd surely control for it. It seems like it's just a side-effect of the nature of Splatfests, and I have not yet heard anyone come up with a solution for this.

Keep in mind that Splatfest data is continuous. It's not just a simple win/lose result, it's a whole scale of possible %s, and that goes for both the popularity and the wins. That causes differences when trying to explain this tendency of splatfests and also makes the difference a bit more nuanced (if you'd analyize Splatfest results statistically).

Also keep in mind that Nintendo is now working with some new system this fest. I'm not certain, but if I had to guess, I'd say they implemented it to counter this. Of course it's not possible to say whether or not that actually works until months from now (you need a large enough sample size to draw conclusions like that).

But I'm not really sure why you're making a thread about this, since it's a topic people have discussed tons of times already.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
- a lot of Splatoon players, somehow
Other than for a few total 3-0 curb stomps, most wins are decided either through team/solo wins, or popularity + one win. There's no rigging, unfair play involved, it's just that one side either won the majority of the matches for both categories, or one side had more won matches + the popularity vote. It's no black magic, no Russian hackers, no nothing. I feel, of all the Splatfest systems we had so far, the last one I'm most familiar with (not sure how results are calculated this fest) was the "fairest" one so far.

And, I know I've said this so often by now I'm starting to feel like a broken record, but man... it's just 2 snails difference (at royalty). It used to be like 10 snails in Splatoon 1, or hecc, even more. Please don't tell me you're seriously upset over a... TWO SNAILS difference. I don't know about you, but if I stressed out over this 2 snails difference during the entirety of my Splatfest play I'd probably need some strong meds to keep playing the game.

At the end of the day, Splatfest was meant to be a fun monthly event with both sides butting their heads in over whether you should eat ice cream with a fork or a spoon, enjoy the night time maps, the funky colors, and now with the 4.0 update you get to play with any amount of friends so no stress with finding a quad involved. Honestly, at this point, as of now, everyone is a winner. Whether your choice wins or the enemy choice shouldn't be the most important thing about it, imo.

Also 1 more minute until we find out if Marisha get's ultra salty again. *fetches poppy corn*

Cephalobro

Well, the most popular team won this time, this new Splatfest system is actually great, the old one was terrible.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
don't worry! it won't be a auto win for the least favorite preference anymore,cause of the new system it can literally go two ways now like you have seen with Retro VS Modern,not saying Pearl will never win now,but whoever wins from now on with the new system is alot more of a fair win! :D besides when it comes to mirror matches..every point that you get for inking the ground will count in the new system,so mirror matches aren't a match for nothing anymore ^^'"

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Actually, if you noticed in your Clout total during lobby....you get no clout from mirror matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom