• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Splatling Discussion

What is your favorite Splatling?

• Total voters

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I would like to know what people think about the current Splatlings in Splatoon 2:
Heavy Splatling
Heavy Splatling Deco
Mini Splatling
Hydra Splatling

Future Weapons:
Zink Mini Splatling (Leaked)
Custom Hydra Splatling (Leaked)

Also just talk about Splatlings! I main the Mini Splatling

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Personally, I think the Heavy splatling deco is of the best support weapons. If you want to support and be aggressive, the Mini splatling is better for that.

Reactions: the

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Back in the Oatmeal Dome leak with the full list of weapons.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Well in my avatar it shows I'm a heavy but in reality I'm a mini

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Yeah I will join it if you tell me what it is. I am still quite inexperienced here. So I don’t know my way around

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
The group is VIVA LA SPLATLINGS!! The name is a joke I had a bit ago and the name stuck. I have several other players that like splatlings in here. If you want to communicate with the rest of us, get the app Groupme. The only iffy thing is that you have to give me your phone number so I can send you the invite. The other members had to do it to. If you want to do that send me it in a conversation.

Just a question, what level(s) are you?

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Love the vanilla heavy splatling.
Sprinkler + the main weapons means you will be raining ink upon the battlefield like crazy while using the stingray too make sure enemy’s have nowhere too hide.
While i like the splaswall on the deco version, bubble is kinda meh too my.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Love the vanilla heavy splatling.
Sprinkler + the main weapons means you will be raining ink upon the battlefield like crazy while using the stingray too make sure enemy’s have nowhere too hide.
While i like the splaswall on the deco version, bubble is kinda meh too my.
I am assuming you have heard of the strategy in Clam Blitz that you can use the Bubbler as sort of a wall, protecting you right? Well I am starting to think that the Bubble Blower is like the special version of the Splash Wall. Similar to the Echolocator to Point Sensor situation, where it was like which one do you want to have? The sub or the special. But the Heavyweight Splatling Deco kind of gives them both to you, a sub and special version of the same thing. So I am not that big of a fan of this set. I think if you switched the subs on the sets it would be better. So my imaginary perfect Heavy Splatling Set would be Splash Wall with Sting Ray. Also having a Splash Wall is great if you have a Sting Ray because you can throw it down before you use the Sting Ray, and it protects you from people who are trying to Splat you while you are using your Sting Ray.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
What do other people think about the new Zink Mini Splatling?

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
The zimi doesn't really have anything to support itself in 1v1's, but ink storm is good for pushing up and so is curling bombs. I haven't really decided how good it'll be if better or worse. The vanilla works out really well as a support weapon because it paints really well and has a relatively low special cost. I think zimi is like 10 points more. I think it'll be a more objective based weapon rather than control based weapon, solely because of ink storm. If you have really good and fast snapping aim then you can push up with curling bombs and get kills to pressure enemy team for the objective to be pushed. Basically if you have the ability to push up, get a full charge and in 1 charge get one person and then get another person in a different spot, even if you trade that would be fine. Ink storm would also help mitigate a lack of aim. It shouldn't go in by itself though. It needs to go in with another slayer like a sshot or tri or blaster or something. ink storm, then main weapon to paint it up, then swim in or throw curling bombs to pressure where you want then the two of you go in. For whatever reason I keep picturing this on snapper canal pushing up to the snipe so you can clear the way for rainmaker but that doesn't mean that's the only spot it'll work. You could also use it as an ink storm machine, maybe using a pure of special charge (any more is unnecessary) and holding mid control while pushing in with ink storm and curling bombs. I will definitely be using some sub saver, run speed, maybe OS and special saver, or swim speed.

The kit differs from the mini in terms of how they pressure. The mini pressures for control purposes, the zimi pressures for offensive reasons.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I run pure Special Charge on the vanilla, but that’s just me messing around

KamaItachi

Inkling
Started with the Deco, but the rhythms of that weapon just didn't work for me. Moved to the mini and it's been much better.

Still working on a loadout, but not been very happy with the results, so far.

Went up against the Zinc this morning and now I really want to give that one a try. Still a couple levels off, though.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Started with the Deco, but the rhythms of that weapon just didn't work for me. Moved to the mini and it's been much better.

Still working on a loadout, but not been very happy with the results, so far.

Went up against the Zinc this morning and now I really want to give that one a try. Still a couple levels off, though.
I am excited for the Zink, yet I haven't been able to play it yet

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I am going to be honest here. I played about 10 matches with the Zink in Clam Blitz, the weapon just doesn't really work with me. I had to keep going through the pain if realizing this set didn't have burst bomb. All of a sudden I wasn't getting to the objective 5 seconds earlier than everyone else. Yes the Curling bomb helps with forward progression but in my opinion the Mini could already do that on its own. It struggled with walls move than anything, and the Burst Bomb patched that up. As for the Tenta Missles on the vanilla...forgetable. And for the Ink Storm on the Zink...slight improvement but still forgetble. People say that this is going to be a push tool, and yes I used it as a push tool in Clam Blitz, but I prefered the Tenta Missles over the Ink Storm as in terms of pushes. Because when people want to prevent pushes, they are going to want to be in a certain area. Tenta Middles helps manipulate movement, the Ink Storm, it does a little bit but it isn't like I am going to die if I stay in here for 2 seconds to get a solar to prevent a push. The Zink just doesn't work for me. The one positive of playing the Mini during that time though was watching all the inexperienced Mini players try to rush at me, forgetting that range and kill time of the weapon. I got quite a few 20 kill games. I will return to the Zink Mini in Solar Zones, Tower Control, and Rainmaker. I think that I will play the Zink Mini always during Solar Zones because of the Ink Storm.
In a summary, Nintendo really has to look at their weapons and choose weapons that actually need certain things. The Mini really doesn't need a Curling Bomb. It was just fine with the Burst Bomb. The Ink Storm is a slight improvement, but fails to start a push like everyone was saying. The Tenta Missles are better for that sort of thing. I hope if a Sheldon pick comes out for the Mini Will have a set that actually reflects the needs of a Mini Splatling.
As for what kit I would want it to have, Splash Wall and Splashdown

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I'm liking the zimi. I can get more aggressive and play around with the curling bomb to zone and then get in to finish kills. I think the curling bomb actually helps it more to get into action than burst bombs, so the kit encouraged me to play more aggressive than being a controller get 11 missiles in 1 match type of player. And being more aggressive helped me realize some of the weaknesses of some weapons and when it's okay to rush them. I'm getting better at snapping directly onto targets which certainly helps a lot. I'm keeping up control and getting in for kills when needed. Still working on a build but this is what I've been using. I'm questioning if I still need the OS since I really don' get the chance to use it on ballers as often anymore, and hardly anyone uses bubbles for me to obliterate :/ Most competitive players (gamer) are running 4 mains of run speed (2 pures) because that's kind of where the effects cap off as ineffective. I believe gamer runs 2 pures run speed, then a pure of sub saver. I think the last sub on the sub saver shoes is either run speed or ink resistance though. Anyways, got this weapon to superfresh, been using it in ranked with fairly good results. I think I only have like 40 wins on it so far. I'm using this to help me train myself to lock onto targets faster. I have good aim and I can snap with chargers, but with a charger it doesn't matter where your reticle ends up as long as you let go of ZR at the right time. Just trying to not have to waste time and shots on refining aim. Looking forward to using this more (unless they release bamboo mk II...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom