• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Splatling Discussion

What is your favorite Splatling?

• Total voters

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I'm liking the zimi. I can get more aggressive and play around with the curling bomb to zone and then get in to finish kills. I think the curling bomb actually helps it more to get into action than burst bombs, so the kit encouraged me to play more aggressive than being a controller get 11 missiles in 1 match type of player. And being more aggressive helped me realize some of the weaknesses of some weapons and when it's okay to rush them. I'm getting better at snapping directly onto targets which certainly helps a lot. I'm keeping up control and getting in for kills when needed. Still working on a build but this is what I've been using. I'm questioning if I still need the OS since I really don' get the chance to use it on ballers as often anymore, and hardly anyone uses bubbles for me to obliterate :/ Most competitive players (gamer) are running 4 mains of run speed (2 pures) because that's kind of where the effects cap off as ineffective. I believe gamer runs 2 pures run speed, then a pure of sub saver. I think the last sub on the sub saver shoes is either run speed or ink resistance though. Anyways, got this weapon to superfresh, been using it in ranked with fairly good results. I think I only have like 40 wins on it so far. I'm using this to help me train myself to lock onto targets faster. I have good aim and I can snap with chargers, but with a charger it doesn't matter where your reticle ends up as long as you let go of ZR at the right time. Just trying to not have to waste time and shots on refining aim. Looking forward to using this more (unless they release bamboo mk II...)
Reading your post here and also playing a lot more with the weapon in other modes has made me realize that the Zimi is better on stages without obstacles, because your Curling Bomb can help you zoom around the map at high speeds. The vanilla is better with the stages that the Zink are good with specifically. For example, the Zink would be good at Port Mantel because of the direct paths. The vanilla would struggle here because the Burst bombs won't help with vertical mobilty here, which is something that the Burst Bomb could do The the Curling Bomb couldn't really do. Also Ink Storms are better with stages with more obstacles, because trying to get out of the area that Ink Storm is raining on will be harder. So one part of the set is better with more linear stages, yet the special is better with the less linear stages. So I still have no idea what to think of this..."thing". At least a positive of both sets is that there subs significantly help with mobility, something that was changed between S1 and S2. Although the walking mobility is still...worse. But map control is better. Other than all that, the Ink Storm is actually pretty good at Splatling beyond the grave

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
Is anyone else here hoping for a buff on the Hydra in 3.0?
Im hoping for a buff on all the heavy weapons tbh, though from what ive seen hydra seems pretty good already? What would u want to see buffed about it?

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
I guess the spin up time on the hydra is kinda brutal, making mobility tough, but it absolutely slays at range.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Im hoping for a buff on all the heavy weapons tbh, though from what ive seen hydra seems pretty good already? What would u want to see buffed about it?
Mobility and charge time. Sure it shoots for a ridiculously long time but it takes forever to charge.

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom