Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luminario

Full Squid
A nice little thing I noticed with the Bubble Blower is that they go further/closer if you're moving forwards/backwards as you blow a bubble, so you can change the bubble's velocity to get it where you want it to be.

I also think the Bubble Blower would work really well with a charger. I tested it with an E-Liter and it takes under 2 full charges to pop a bubble, so the fact a fully charged shot pierces now means you can probably line up bubbles for multiple pops or splat an enemy through a bubble.

EDIT: After further testing it turns out that chargers aren't able to pierce bubbles (I had the bubbles too close to each other during testing, oops) but I found that the longer the bubbles are left alone the closer they get to breaking point, going so far as to explode after a single Forge Pro shot if hit right before they disappear.

Last edited:
R

RandomSquid

So I noticed something really weird today.

I was using snails to reroll my Positive Longcuff Sweater which had triple cold blooded, an ability I find useless but I like the main ability, so I was wondering if I could get maybe 2 of a better sub ability and get chunks for the third. But something weird happened. I rerolled it twice, and both times it rolled triple cold blooded, which I know is the common roll for the brand but the way it did it was weird, in that it didn't scroll through abilities for a second and instead went straight to the abilities.

So was this a weird coincidence... or did I just find the ultimate chunk farming strategy...? Will this always happen for common triples?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So I noticed something really weird today.

I was using snails to reroll my Positive Longcuff Sweater which had triple cold blooded, an ability I find useless but I like the main ability, so I was wondering if I could get maybe 2 of a better sub ability and get chunks for the third. But something weird happened. I rerolled it twice, and both times it rolled triple cold blooded, which I know is the common roll for the brand but the way it did it was weird, in that it didn't scroll through abilities for a second and instead went straight to the abilities.

So was this a weird coincidence... or did I just find the ultimate chunk farming strategy...? Will this always happen for common triples?
Since snails are limited, even if you have an extremely high chance of rolling the favored triple you can only do it so many times, so it still wouldn't be worth it. Just leveling gear that favors the ability you want chunks for works good enough, the other ability chunks you get will probably come in handy down the road.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Wow, so the usual pattern of Splatfest endures. Daytime was ok, made it to king on Flight pretty average. Then did Invisible on my other account at night and OMG it was a nightmare. I won a total of 3 games in 90 minutes, the rest were all non-stop losses. I even went all out meta: green bucket of death. I was decimating everyone over and over (because really, you just grab the green bucket, hold "up" and mash ZR and win), and in the last 10-15 seconds I'd get splatted for the first time and my team would lose the whole map by the time I respawned. What is it with the nighttime crowd? We were sometimes getting matched with 1700 power vs. 2100 power level teams, but I peaked at 1924, and fell to 1643 and it was still non-stop losses. I finished my poor alt account 4 points from king. Even two more losses would have done it after all that grinding, but no, they turned off splatfest 2 minutes early. /salt.

@Saber Regarding Goo Tuber builds I'm experimenting with 100% speed up (well 3 mains and a bunch of randoms.) I miss my ink resist, I don't miss my respawn punisher (seriously, it feels like it's useless to me) but it's buckets of fun. It's hit or miss though because it depends on your team managing to lay down heavy turf. Often times mine don't and so I'm forced to ink my own areas and I spend much more time turfing than sniping. But with 3 main swims you can outswim almost anyone and go sploosh-o-sniper. *IF* you have ink clearance, You can zoom to anyone's flank, charge stored, right while they're watching you, pop up, and blow them away point blank. It's distressingly exhilarating :P BUT you'll have as many rounds where you go 1/7 as rounds where you go 7/1 because it's very team dependent. OTOH, quite frankly I've always found ALL the chargers are team dependent which is what makes them so inconsistent. In a way chargers are just bad weapons because they're such easy fodder without a strong team to enable them, and you can't really pick up your team's slack yourself. If they let you get flanked or give you no terrain to move in, you're in trouble. So in that regard, tuber is no worse than the others. Part of me wonders the real value of chargers at all in this game. Occasionally there's an ace eagle eye that makes them good...but it's rare.....and usually we flank them easy.

Also, clash blaster is just an amazing blast to play.

I've been playing dynamo...it's fun, but when enemies are going fast it's useless now. I played flingza...I WANT to love it...but i don't. The vert is so useless. But I've rediscovered krak-on and oh boy that thing is amazing :P

Things like "nouveau" "deco" "custom" etc are from weapon manufacturers, while tentatek (as well as forge) is a clothing brand. As far as im aware, any clothing brand with a weapon to its name only has one (forge has the forge splattershot pro, tentatek has the splattershot, krak-on has the roller, firefin has the charger, enperry has dualies, etc). While i guess things like nouveau and deco are more generic, non-brand-deal classifications given for alternate kits of weapons?
Sheldon talks about the "weapon manufacturers" and yet sometimes his blabbering, especially in the campaign reveals he pretty much just throws this junk together himself :P Shelly might be a better con artist than Spyke, and he's operating right in the open.

My favorite is his commentary on the sloshers that it has a high profit margin and it's really just a plastic bucket. It's funny that when we talk about buckets being cheap, Sheldon already said so!: P

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Wow, so the usual pattern of Splatfest endures. Daytime was ok, made it to king on Flight pretty average. Then did Invisible on my other account at night and OMG it was a nightmare. I won a total of 3 games in 90 minutes, the rest were all non-stop losses. I even went all out meta: green bucket of death. I was decimating everyone over and over (because really, you just grab the green bucket, hold "up" and mash ZR and win), and in the last 10-15 seconds I'd get splatted for the first time and my team would lose the whole map by the time I respawned. What is it with the nighttime crowd? We were sometimes getting matched with 1700 power vs. 2100 power level teams, but I peaked at 1924, and fell to 1643 and it was still non-stop losses. I finished my poor alt account 4 points from king. Even two more losses would have done it after all that grinding, but no, they turned off splatfest 2 minutes early. /salt.

@Saber Regarding Goo Tuber builds I'm experimenting with 100% speed up (well 3 mains and a bunch of randoms.) I miss my ink resist, I don't miss my respawn punisher (seriously, it feels like it's useless to me) but it's buckets of fun. It's hit or miss though because it depends on your team managing to lay down heavy turf. Often times mine don't and so I'm forced to ink my own areas and I spend much more time turfing than sniping. But with 3 main swims you can outswim almost anyone and go sploosh-o-sniper. *IF* you have ink clearance, You can zoom to anyone's flank, charge stored, right while they're watching you, pop up, and blow them away point blank. It's distressingly exhilarating :p BUT you'll have as many rounds where you go 1/7 as rounds where you go 7/1 because it's very team dependent. OTOH, quite frankly I've always found ALL the chargers are team dependent which is what makes them so inconsistent. In a way chargers are just bad weapons because they're such easy fodder without a strong team to enable them, and you can't really pick up your team's slack yourself. If they let you get flanked or give you no terrain to move in, you're in trouble. So in that regard, tuber is no worse than the others. Part of me wonders the real value of chargers at all in this game. Occasionally there's an ace eagle eye that makes them good...but it's rare.....and usually we flank them easy.

I've been playing dynamo...it's fun, but when enemies are going fast it's useless now. I played flingza...I WANT to love it...but i don't. The vert is so useless. But I've rediscovered krak-on and oh boy that thing is amazing :p

Sheldon talks about the "weapon manufacturers" and yet sometimes his blabbering, especially in the campaign reveals he pretty much just throws this junk together himself :p Shelly might be a better con artist than Spyke, and he's operating right in the open.

My favorite is his commentary on the sloshers that it has a high profit margin and it's really just a plastic bucket. It's funny that when we talk about buckets being cheap, Sheldon already said so!: P
Nice I found a set that is almost perfect need a little work on the shoes though
18k aviators :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:clothes_tly005::ability_runspeed::ability_inkresistance::ability_inkresistance::ability_inkresistance:
Air Jordan's (but empery) :ability_specialcharge::ability_bombrange::ability_inksaversub::ability_unknown:

I could switch to my base set of all speed but I prefer some ink resist and the boost in special is great with this weapon
I kinda get what you mean by them being fodder weapons, without team support they are doomed to fail.
However if you had a semi decent team you can also enable a team to do better, the main problem that I find with most other charger players is they reamain stagnant or are "forced" to be stagnant.

Tbh I play tactician most times but sometimes the best thing to is the unpredictable, everyone chasing the sniper, give them a chase, keep them distracted. Goo tuber/ splat charger even have bombd that forces player to take notice or get splatted.
All flanking, walk to their base... then use the special built up to deal some damage.
As long as everyone is dealing with the fodder, than no is paying attention to the rest of the team.

Also on the roller side of things...
Dynamo is great on starfish main stage and uneven terrain it makes it easier to John Cena people from high up while covering lots of turf.
Flinzga...I purely dislike, it doesn't feel right to me, I have been playing carb and Krakon and both are a blast and focus on an offensive support which I have grown to enjoy.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't miss my respawn punisher (seriously, it feels like it's useless to me)
You're not far off, actually. There was a video about this from just a few days ago, and it turns out the punishment effect is harsher on you than it is for your foes. Now I had figured this would be less of a problem for players that tend to keep their distance (i.e. chargers), but I wouldn't know for sure.

OTOH, quite frankly I've always found ALL the chargers are team dependent which is what makes them so inconsistent. In a way chargers are just bad weapons because they're such easy fodder without a strong team to enable them, and you can't really pick up your team's slack yourself. If they let you get flanked or give you no terrain to move in, you're in trouble. So in that regard, tuber is no worse than the others. Part of me wonders the real value of chargers at all in this game. Occasionally there's an ace eagle eye that makes them good...but it's rare.....and usually we flank them easy.
I mean, other than Japanese E-Liter shenanigans, weren't they always like that? At least, to me the entire charger class gave the impression of being an inherently high-risk high-reward weapon, even with Damage Up to make killing things easier. Or is it something else that makes them worse now, that didn't exist back then?
(Do note that I haven't played much of any ranked modes for well over a year now, so I haven't the foggiest as to what works/worked in the meta.)

Now this is the first time I've heard anyone say this. Care to elaborate?

Award

Nice I found a set that is almost perfect need a little work on the shoes though
18k aviators :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:clothes_tly005::ability_runspeed::ability_inkresistance::ability_inkresistance::ability_inkresistance:
Air Jordan's (but empery) :ability_specialcharge::ability_bombrange::ability_inksaversub::ability_unknown:

I could switch to my base set of all speed but I prefer some ink resist and the boost in special is great with this weapon
I kinda get what you mean by them being fodder weapons, without team support they are doomed to fail.
However if you had a semi decent team you can also enable a team to do better, the main problem that I find with most other charger players is they reamain stagnant or are "forced" to be stagnant.

Tbh I play tactician most times but sometimes the best thing to is the unpredictable, everyone chasing the sniper, give them a chase, keep them distracted. Goo tuber/ splat charger even have bombd that forces player to take notice or get splatted.
All flanking, walk to their base... then use the special built up to deal some damage.
As long as everyone is dealing with the fodder, than no is paying attention to the rest of the team.

Also on the roller side of things...
Dynamo is great on starfish main stage and uneven terrain it makes it easier to John Cena people from high up while covering lots of turf.
Flinzga...I purely dislike, it doesn't feel right to me, I have been playing carb and Krakon and both are a blast and focus on an offensive support which I have grown to enjoy.

Nice kit! Yeah my normal is ink resist for all chargers. I have a good pair of soccer LE cleats with ink resist and double sub ink resist, but I was playing with full speed rather than the resist. Risky but CAN be great. I took off the run speed. Not sure how useful it is with any charger. Shuffling a little faster might help on an eliter but the other chargers if you miss, you're splatted before the shuffling will save you anyway....I'd rather swim faster than they expect.....but I always play with any mobility.

Definitely good call on special charge. I've definitely been thinking of trying that next (though triple main swim speed IS pretty fun...) I think your build is better for a "stealth" tuber. That's how I played at first, but the new test is "ninja assassin tuber". We'll see which works better :) Stealth tuber is good for TW and RM, but ninja assassin tuber may be better for TC/SZ. You definitely get less kills but you're a bigger menace :P Let the splattershots take out the squids, but pop out of nowhere when the wrong squid gets in the wrong place.

Yeah....I'm definitely NOT a stagnant charger. I despite perch sniping. And the charger nerfs irk me for that. My problem is I try to be too aggressive a sniper, playing the front line....goo tuber is actually cool for that. But yeah. I find with a good team that can hold ground and push consistently, I can rack kills....the thing with chargers is they work best on distracted squids, so if your team can harass, you can do their killing for them. When the squids are just taking the charger on 1v1 (or 3v1) all the time with no distraction, you tend to be helpless. I find myself falling back to spawn often as we keep losing ground, and a charger is nigh useless against a squid that is intentionally avoiding you. Though I too offten miss the shot that one moment there was a chance (I think when I release the trigger I shake the controller too much during a snap shot) and then it's all over. That was true in S1 too.

Particularly with goo tuber I've been doing that chase thing a lot. I keep one squid after me for long periods of time. Sometimes more than one. Sometimes I get them, sometimes they give up, and sometimes one of their friends shoots me in the back. :P But yeah, I fear I may appear to be a terrible charger at times as I'm not the kill leader many times, but I also die very little....I keep inking a lot, and keep them distracted and chasing me a lot. Often that means my shots are meant to ink trails more than kill. But I do feel bad when the other charger on my team gets 12 kills and I got like 4-5....though usually I also died less ;) 1-3 times a match max unless the team sucks and we're overrun, then it gets worse because I end up riding or trying to use an eliter as a tentatek. :P

I was loving dynamo and doing well with it until I got a game with fast/frantic squids and I realized it just can't handle that situation. It was like a charger. The krak-on is very good all purpose and great for holding the line. Carbon.....I just can't like the new carbon....too many shots go right thorugh people. Happens with krak-on too but not as bad. With the range issues induced by tick rate/lag problems it's just too light. And I loved OG carbon. IMO sploosh is a better carbon. Despite suffering tick rate issues as well.

Flingza....the problem with flingza is it's just a splat roller but has a vertical fling that inks like a dynamo that winds up as slow as a dynamo, but can't kill like a dynamo. The trouble is, it's too slow in the vertical to have only the same kill range as a splat roller. That removes the vertical from real combat ENTIRELY, leaving it only for inking. And what are the odds of accidentally jumping and triggering a vertiical? What it needed to be was have the ACTUAL horizontal of a splat roller, and the ACTUAL vertical of a dynamo. Or half-way between each. But right now the horizontal is a vanilla splat roller, and the vertical is a vanilla splat roller but slow as a dynamo and with as much turfing. If it was REAL dynamo in the vert, it would be a really cool wep. I want to love it so much though.

You're not far off, actually. There was a video about this from just a few days ago, and it turns out the punishment effect is harsher on you than it is for your foes. Now I had figured this would be less of a problem for players that tend to keep their distance (i.e. chargers), but I wouldn't know for sure.

I mean, other than Japanese E-Liter shenanigans, weren't they always like that? At least, to me the entire charger class gave the impression of being an inherently high-risk high-reward weapon, even with Damage Up to make killing things easier. Or is it something else that makes them worse now, that didn't exist back then?
(Do note that I haven't played much of any ranked modes for well over a year now, so I haven't the foggiest as to what works/worked in the meta.)

Now this is the first time I've heard anyone say this. Care to elaborate?
Yeah, I knew the effect was worse on yourself than on foes. And the thing is I don't even notice a difference on myself. So if I don't notice a difference on me, my foes surely don't. I'll chalk it up to another useless ability. I don't die much so the net effect is still ok, but between getting a few tenths of a second off enemy respawn times, or refilling my ink faster, moving faster, charging specials faster (unless I'm using a stingray weapon.... :P ) Hard to waste a slot of "shave a few tenths off enemy respawn."

Yeah, chargers are high risk high reward...not as much as, say, sploosh and carbon, but definitely. The thing that makes them worse now is the lack of partial charges (if you don't fully charge, it's a big, slow bamboozler), and they KILLED the range on the eliter. Unscoped is almost identical range to scoped splattershot. They did that in S1 in may '16, but they killed the range on eliter even more now (but it's a little more mobile.) And no burst bombs, just ink mines. Add to that that all the new maps are very small meaning MOST of where you need to hit is either still out of eliter range, or so close you don't need an eliter to hit it, and with slow charge times on all chargers the maps are so claustrophobic that chargers offer less forgiveness to readjust. Even Moray, with the new shortcut zip lines, means chargers are flanked quite easily and repeatedly and you spend as much time in CQC as sniping. I think they went overboard on the anti-charger salt pacification, making the chargers as a class less useful than before. More team dependent. They always were, but moreso. You can't dig out of a hole without the team digging you out now. IMO people griped about damage up, but I think that made chargers what they were. dmg up should be gone but partial charge should be built into the weps. Getting snap shots took practice. The last 10-15% of the charge or so should deliver full power as standard. dmg up was used abusively, and more importantly turned gals into 1-2 shot killers. Only very skilled users could take advantage of that snap timing on chargers. That made the challenge of taking the weapon and trying to make power plays with it rather than being a fairly passive and waiting for your team to make the play while you just cheer from the rear. They've never felt right without it. That's why I like Goo Tuber because it brings the fast snap back into play albeit differently. charger/eliter feel very....peripheral, now.

Clash blaster? It may take a lot of hits to kill but its sustained barrage of firecrackers is quite the pressuring tool! With good range, too. I don't think I"d replace the vanilla blaster with it any time soon for decisive plays, but the constant barrage of area effect is quite fun to play.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I was using Respawn Punisher on the Sloshing Machine since it's so good at killing and the self special reduction is irrelevant when I've completely given up on using the Stingray. But even with all that, the difference it makes is indeed small, so I'm questioning if it's really worth it. I feel like it helps keep pushes going after getting a multisplat, but maybe those pushes woulda kept going anyway even without RP. It's hard to tell just how much of an effect it actually has in a match.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I mean, it's basically an optional Hard Mode for multiplayer battles, so it's cool if you feel like adding an extra challenge on yourself. But why would you? Though perhaps it'd be more useful if the penalties on either end were a little more even.

...ah! Which reminds me, here's to hoping they re-add that disconnected player marker that was there before in the new update.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's a great idea, rewarding skilled play by making splats even harder on your opponents, but the penalties are just a little too high currently to justify the reward, outside of maniacs like Ansible using it as "hard mode" as Flareth described ;)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I mean, it's basically an optional Hard Mode for multiplayer battles, so it's cool if you feel like adding an extra challenge on yourself. But why would you? Though perhaps it'd be more useful if the penalties on either end were a little more even.

...ah! Which reminds me, here's to hoping they re-add that disconnected player marker that was there before in the new update.
Unless you're assuming you'll always be punished more than benefited, then it doesn't necessarily make the game harder. I see it as a gamble, punishes poor play, rewards good play. Why you would use it is because it can give your team more time to make pushes, albeit not that significantly. I would like it if the effects were increased, but I guess the devs are afraid it'd become too good. As it is now though, it's a hard sell over abilitys that have more significant effects and no chance of hurting you.

Luminario

Full Squid
With how Respawn Punisher works, I doubt it'll ever be buffed. With how many times you can potentially get splatted in Ranked, those seconds can easily add up and can make or break a match. It's a niche ability for those pro chargers that I'm pretty sure aren't human.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
They changed that? Last I played online, it was the same as usual: a colored weapon under an X means the player disconnected.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
They changed that? Last I played online, it was the same as usual: a colored weapon under an X means the player disconnected.
During the test fires it was a solid grey squid icon, like in Salmon Run when someone disconnects.

Maybe it'd be nice if we had both. A colored weapon in a grey icon?

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792

Perhaps my most favorite art depicting Japan's next Splatfest, which I am curious we will be receiving as well. (I honestly hate mcdonalds, and rather has Wendys, I am sorry.) Now the joke of regarding fries being dipped into ice cream is going to be exploitable, is it not? Hahahaha. I leave you with this flavorful translation because I am too lazy to bother decoding it myself.

"This topic is "Mac fries vs chicken makna get". Going to the drive-thru, always suffer. Speaking of burgers go, too? "wilting potato". But I'm high "chicken makna get" satisfaction!. ... The car was waiting behind another! As!"

Pearl is a wilting potato, and Marina is a high for mcnuggies. The addiction seems implausible, send help.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Hmmm, kinda curious what their in-game back-and-forth will be like for that splatfest.

And Marina wears reading glasses? I like it. It's somehow admirable, adorable, and baiting at the same time. I can't stop laughing at the moment.

Luminario

Full Squid
Love the just-out-of-work look they got going on. I hope that Splatfest is worldwide too, I wanna fight to the death over my love for Mcdonalds chips. You feel the fat going straight to your heart but god they taste so good.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Kind of strange that two out of the last three Splatfests have made us choose between one disgusting food item and another. I'm not sure what to think, but Nintendo really needs to up its Splatfest game. Maybe give us 3v3v3 matches where people can pick "neither."

Actually... In all seriousness, I'd so be down for 3v3v3 as a Splatfest-specific thing. I don't care if it breaks the Vampire Lady versus Marina thing. Have Callie and Marie represent the third choice.

Award

I was using Respawn Punisher on the Sloshing Machine since it's so good at killing and the self special reduction is irrelevant when I've completely given up on using the Stingray. But even with all that, the difference it makes is indeed small, so I'm questioning if it's really worth it. I feel like it helps keep pushes going after getting a multisplat, but maybe those pushes woulda kept going anyway even without RP. It's hard to tell just how much of an effect it actually has in a match.
Unless you're assuming you'll always be punished more than benefited, then it doesn't necessarily make the game harder. I see it as a gamble, punishes poor play, rewards good play. Why you would use it is because it can give your team more time to make pushes, albeit not that significantly. I would like it if the effects were increased, but I guess the devs are afraid it'd become too good. As it is now though, it's a hard sell over abilitys that have more significant effects and no chance of hurting you.
I think whenever you can get 3 or more and your team doesn't suck, the push will keep going. If you get 2, the other two can easily hold the line a few seconds. Honestly I'm not sure it's a gamble. Unimportant effect on yourself, and more unimportant effect on your opponents seems like a pretty awful waste of a perfectly useful slot. I wish it had a bigger effect though then you know it would be abused. But as it is now, an imperceptible delay (notice even with respawn punisher respawning seems faster than S1? It's like they took QR away and made 3x QR mains the default. I might keep wearing it on eliter and vanilla blaster because I just don't know what else to wear with eliter and blaster (all this ink, and nothing to wear!!)

During the test fires it was a solid grey squid icon, like in Salmon Run when someone disconnects.

Maybe it'd be nice if we had both. A colored weapon in a grey icon?
Lets do it right. A giant brightly colored middle finger icon. :D Maybe with a scrawled in "U Mad, Bruh?" for good measure.

Kind of strange that two out of the last three Splatfests have made us choose between one disgusting food item and another. I'm not sure what to think, but Nintendo really needs to up its Splatfest game. Maybe give us 3v3v3 matches where people can pick "neither."

Actually... In all seriousness, I'd so be down for 3v3v3 as a Splatfest-specific thing. I don't care if it breaks the Vampire Lady versus Marina thing. Have Callie and Marie represent the third choice.
There is one choice. There is always one choice. #teamcallie.

@Saber Seriously, the triple swim speed tuber is awesome. :) I realized that I also have 2 sub special charge, and 2 sub ink recovery to go with it. I had some awesome TW play yesterday with it. FINALLY I had teams that could actually let me lurk and pick off enemies by surprise rather than trying to play front line with it. I missed ink resist still a few times. I wasn't the kill leader. But I kept them so busy and chasing me around the map a few times it was hilarious. Especially on mainstage! Between suction bomb zoning and random splashdowns they were running in circles trying to get to me, and then I'd just duck and hide behind the line of teammates and pop up from the flank later. And then when they'd finally corner me in and I was out of ink, i'd just SJ to spawn and come from in front :P I was doing low splats, and half the ones I got came from ZR spamming up close :P I wasn't storing too many charges even, but I did also discover that it makes an amazing bamboozler. A quick partial charge and a tap kills! With the swim speed you can play it as a SLIGHTLY slow firing bambi, but with slightly better than squiffer ohko range to boot! It's going to take a long time to master this weapon but it's like getting into eliter all over again, partial charges and all. It's just so versatile. And here everyone was mocking it! :P

Then again I'm an old sploosh main so "odd" weapons are my thing :P

OTOH, I discovered that the aerospray seriously is bucket-level OP. I've had little luck getting kills with it, but I think it's all enemy lag. After everyone keeps dominating kills with aeros I picked up goldie again and went to town....omg it really *IS* a devastating killer. It's like a sploosh with range! Part of me wonders if sploosh truly is worth it with the range available on the aero. I never thought I'd say this but aerospray is OP! Silver is annoying but also vulnerable with the bomb rush...but the gold is just an infinite baller generator.

And on that note, I'm loving Krak-On more and more. New carbon still sucks. But the Krak-on is just fantastic.

And SM is just a devastating killer. Feels too meta to me still though.

Lyn

Premium
I feel like I'd love this game a lot more if everything wasn't an RNG grind.

You have to grind to level up, you have to grind to rank up in ranked (heavily dependent on the team you get, so again, random), you have to grind to get money.
You have to grind Salmon Run for rewards, you have to grind for a drink ticket so you can get a chance to get a chance to get a chance at what you want, while grinding. You basically shouldn't even bother outside of when you have a Splatfest Tee, though. I know every online shooter game has this to some extent, but it feels like it's taken to a weird extreme in Splatoon and even 2.

Is there anything in this game that isn't a grind? Just the singleplayer? o_O

It'd be so much more bearable if there was consistent rewards instead of RNG, or that playing with friends was enjoyable (I'd love to just play with someone without being put on the opposite team, and then someone usually gets the short end of the stick with teammates). It gets frustrating quickly and sucks up my motivation to go play the game. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I love the gameplay itself and I definitely don't plan on quitting, but sometimes I just feel a bit reluctant to work myself up to turn it on again aha. Sorry for this weird mini-vent-rant-thing!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom