Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I feel like I'd love this game a lot more if everything wasn't an RNG grind.

You have to grind to level up, you have to grind to rank up in ranked (heavily dependent on the team you get, so again, random), you have to grind to get money.
You have to grind Salmon Run for rewards, you have to grind for a drink ticket so you can get a chance to get a chance to get a chance at what you want, while grinding. You basically shouldn't even bother outside of when you have a Splatfest Tee, though. I know every online shooter game has this to some extent, but it feels like it's taken to a weird extreme in Splatoon and even 2.

Is there anything in this game that isn't a grind? Just the singleplayer? o_O

It'd be so much more bearable if there was consistent rewards instead of RNG, or that playing with friends was enjoyable (I'd love to just play with someone without being put on the opposite team, and then someone usually gets the short end of the stick with teammates). It gets frustrating quickly and sucks up my motivation to go play the game. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I love the gameplay itself and I definitely don't plan on quitting, but sometimes I just feel a bit reluctant to work myself up to turn it on again aha. Sorry for this weird mini-vent-rant-thing!
This game was brought to you from the land of Pachinko, Puzzle & Dragons, Monster Hunter, and 1000+ hour RPGs with 9999 level caps.. That should explain most of the grind right there :P

Of course leagues lets you play with friends on the same team, if you're both B- at least.

The big thing with grinding though is that it's mostly just optional. The ranked grind isn't really optional as it's the main game. And the lvl30 grind doesn't really take much grinding, just steady play for a period of weeks. The last few levels take some hours, though salmon run and ranked make that faster. But the clothing grinding and meal tickets are really optional. It's a meta game that people get wrapped up on, but there's enough 2 and 3 slot gear in the game that you can really build your clothing without trying to get "shinies". One can say the best players have stacked gear, and sure, in the S+'s that's probably true, though I'm sure the great players could stomp most of those stacked players wearing the starter clothes. I'm no S+, I was S in S1.....I spent a handful of snails ever to unlock slots and never rerolled once....I just went with random builds mostly. I play too many weapons to worry about perfect clothing :P And I wore the strawboater because it looked fresh (and SJ was useful on custom eliter with beacons.)

I think grinding for your wep unlocks can be a pain (I want my tuber on my alt account already!), but the only time I feel like I'm grinding is splatfest, and ranked when I keep getting 20 awful teams in a row for no apparent reason and I get impatient. But the clothing/slots/meal tickets is kind of a side show. The REAL grind is just playing endlessly and getting better at your weapons. Everything else is window dressing :)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I feel like I'd love this game a lot more if everything wasn't an RNG grind.

You have to grind to level up, you have to grind to rank up in ranked (heavily dependent on the team you get, so again, random), you have to grind to get money.
You have to grind Salmon Run for rewards, you have to grind for a drink ticket so you can get a chance to get a chance to get a chance at what you want, while grinding. You basically shouldn't even bother outside of when you have a Splatfest Tee, though. I know every online shooter game has this to some extent, but it feels like it's taken to a weird extreme in Splatoon and even 2.

Is there anything in this game that isn't a grind? Just the singleplayer? o_O

It'd be so much more bearable if there was consistent rewards instead of RNG, or that playing with friends was enjoyable (I'd love to just play with someone without being put on the opposite team, and then someone usually gets the short end of the stick with teammates). It gets frustrating quickly and sucks up my motivation to go play the game. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I love the gameplay itself and I definitely don't plan on quitting, but sometimes I just feel a bit reluctant to work myself up to turn it on again aha. Sorry for this weird mini-vent-rant-thing!
Remembering posts on this very thread, people have talked about feeling apprehensive about staying with the game when it has some iffy structures, but still love the basic gameplay that they won't give up on it. So you aren't being wrong for feeling a bit winded thinking about all the stuff you need to grind for.

I love this game, I've put so much time into it already and don't intend to stop, but there are moments when I feel overwhelmed and wonder if I will keep playing. But then I play, have a lot of fun (usually) and realize for all the shortcomings it's just an amazing experience for the most part.

Lyn

Premium
Splatoon v1.3.0 Sept. 7th at 6am P.T. (changelog copied from /u/frozenpandaman on Reddit!)
Match/battle changes:
  • Changed the performance of some Special Weapons:
    • Sting Ray
      • After shooting ink continuously for 1.5 secs, shock waves are generated and damage-dealing beam size is greatly increased
      • Default duration extended by 0.5 secs
    • Splashdown
      • Shortened the amount of time spent paused in the air (at the peak of the jump) by 1/6th of a second
      • Increased the jump height by 31%
      • Changed minimum explosion damage from 40.0 to 55.0
      • Reduced special charge points of some weapons that come with the Splashdown
    • Ink Storm
      • Expanded radius by 13%
      • Reduced the special points needed to charge on most weapons
    • Baller
      • Knockback decreased
      • Increased default endurance/stamina by 33%
      • Increased explosion radius – 17% more damage, 7% more inking
      • Changed minimum explosion damage from 30.0 to 55.0
      • Increased knockback effect against opponents on explosion
    • Ink Jet
      • Increased hitbox of player versus enemy bullets (Shooter weapons), so it will be easier to shoot down
      • Decreased explosion radius at point of impact – 17% for damage, 20% for inking
      • Decreased damage dealt by exhaust (underneath the Ink Jet) by 75%
    • Ink Armor
      • Decreased invincibility at the time when the armor is broken by 8/60 of a second
      • When receiving more than 100.0 damage at once, any excess damage will knock the Ink Armor user back (upper limit capped at 80.0)
  • Changed the performance of some Sub Weapons:
    • Sprinkler
      • Ink is released in three stages; increased the middle of these stages in duration by 5 seconds (this one was a bit difficult to translate, sorry)
      • Ink consumption decreased from 80% to 70% of the ink tank
    • Point Sensor
      • Expanded radius by 20%
      • Reduced the amount of time it took to start recovering ink after throwing it by 15/60 of a second
    • Splash Wall
      • Shortened the time between throwing and deployment by 0.5 seconds
    • Squid Beakon
      • Ink consumption decreased from 90% to 75% of the ink tank
  • Changed the performance of Main Weapons:
    • Tri-Slosher
      • Maximum damage dealt decreased from 62.0 to 52.0
      • Range shortened by 9%
  • Changed the special charge points of some weapons:
    • 210 → 200
      • .96 Gal
    • 200 → 190
      • N-ZAP '85
    • 190 → 170
      • E-Liter 4K, E-Liter 4K Scope
    • 180 → 170
      • Sploosh-o-matic, Splash-o-matic, Aerospray RG, Splattershot Pro, Blaster, Hero Blaster Replica, L3 Nozzlenose, Splat Roller, Hero Roller Replica
    • 180 → 160
      • Carbon Roller, Goo Tuber
    • 170 → 160
      • Inkbrush, Brella, Hero Brella Replica
    • 180 → 190
      • Splat Charger, Splatterscope, Hero Charger Replica
    • 180 → 210
      • Rapid Blaster
    • 210 → 230
      • Tentatek Splattershot
Various battle fixes:
  • Auto-special gauge charge (dependent on mode/ruleset) now dependent on points needed to charge (per-weapon basis) rather than consistent over an amount of time
  • Bugfixes for the following issues: Sloshing Machine hitbox/inking turf, rare Inkbrush and Octobrush incorrect hitbox on floor, Inkbrush and Octobrush and sponge interaction, damage recovery issue when touching opponents using Brella or Rollers, Roller vertical swing bug, Sting Ray ink droplet display, Ink Jet bullet interaction with corners, Brella and Ink Armor interaction, damage through/on wire meshes, Suction Bomb/surface interaction ink display on Starfish Mainstage, possible to go OOB/clip through world on Sturgeon Shipyard
Salmon Run:
  • Sting Ray, Splashdown – same changes as in battles (above)
  • Made Steelhead bombs unable to get stuck on top of Scrapper and Flyfish
  • Sting Ray + Stinger interaction issue fixed (can now hit all parts of body, not just pilot)
  • When using the Sting Ray on Grillers, fixed an issue where damage was not dealt when aiming at weak points (tentacles) through the main body
  • In Lost Outpost, fixed a problem where Steelheads would not attack in certain places
  • Fixed an issue when two players tried to pick up the same golden egg near the end of a wave, causing one of the players to be unable to pick up eggs in the following wave
  • Fixed issue where, after playing online, party members in the plaza were shown to have the Splattershot Jr. equipped
  • Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before starting, their weapon will be shown/stuck as the Rainmaker
  • Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before the end, the arrow pointing to them (indicating "self") on the scoreboard may be seen by other players
  • Fixed issue where a communication error would occur if a player was assigned a Roller-type weapon for a long period of time
Splatfest:
  • Changed number of points required to level up Splatfest Tee slots
    • Slot 1: 4000 → 7500
    • Slot 2: 8000 → 7500
    • Slot 3: 12000 → 7500
    • Total: 24000 → 22500
  • Fixed issue where players appearing in the plaza after Splatfest battles showed as having no shirt slots unlocked
Other changes:
  • When talking to Murch, you can now see your money and Super Sea Snail count in the corner of the screen
  • Fixed issue where ranked meters incorrectly displayed as breaking, in the case the bar was empty and there was a disconnection
  • Fixed issue where some gear, such as the Splatfest Tee, would not be displayed in the correct order while sorting by frequently used
  • Fixed damage issue with the Baller in the testing area

The Tri-Slosher has been defeated.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Some good news and some bad, as always. With Splatfest tees, the show is over in regards to the trick of unlocking the first slot and scrubbing, now we'll have to grind it all the way to full like everything else. Good to see Inkjet and Ink Armor got kicked in the knees. I always thought the Inkjet hitbox was just a little off, and this patch confirms it - I shoot down so many fliers that this makes my life easier. That said, seems like a pretty great balance patch overall.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Looks pretty fair from what I see. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the game evolves.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So with these buffs, I feel there will be less tri-slosher and more n zap to fill in that ink armor, though with the nerfs it should make it less formidable.
Though with these buffs we might start to see a rise in the sloshing machine and splatlings to fill that place.
Inkjet finally being brought down a peg,though I still feel we will be seeing quite a few of them just due to how good they are at zoning and getting kills, though some tentas might switch it out for the vanilla for burst bombs and splashdown

I am most interesting in the baller changes, it already received a buff in dmg reduction, now with less knockback, more stamina, and a larger hitbox combined with low charge rate on weapons and a special up that makes it even more tanky.
I do feel the next meta will revolve around ballers especially with a lean towards L-3 and gold aero
@Award (gold aerospray was already ridiculous let's see what happens now)

Also the buffs to one of my favorite specials, the splashdown will be just slightly more useful in suprise attacks and force players to backup or be very weak to a follow up, (goo tuber spalshdown to tapshot?), and special reduction on these weapons will definitely make them more viable in battles

Lastly, ink cloud which was always good is now slightly better

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I'm a tiny bit nervous about the baller buff just because I thought it was already pretty great, but maybe the sting ray buff actually evens it out somehow. It'll be interesting to see either way.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Brella becoming more OP

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member

Not sure when or if they're going to patch in the older songs but I really wish they at least kept this one in:
Hypest one Imo

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Interested in this new, usable Stingray.
My prayers had been answered, these changes look pretty good on paper I'm interested to see how the work out ingame.

Some good news and some bad, as always. With Splatfest tees, the show is over in regards to the trick of unlocking the first slot and scrubbing, now we'll have to grind it all the way to full like everything else. Good to see Inkjet and Ink Armor got kicked in the knees. I always thought the Inkjet hitbox was just a little off, and this patch confirms it - I shoot down so many fliers that this makes my life easier. That said, seems like a pretty great balance patch overall.
Yea, it was fun taking advantage of the 1 slot scrubbing trick and really helped with the grind with getting gear chunks.

It will be missed... :(

So with these buffs, I feel there will be less tri-slosher and more n zap to fill in that ink armor, though with the nerfs it should make it less formidable.
Though with these buffs we might start to see a rise in the sloshing machine and splatlings to fill that place.
Inkjet finally being brought down a peg,though I still feel we will be seeing quite a few of them just due to how good they are at zoning and getting kills, though some tentas might switch it out for the vanilla for burst bombs and splashdown

I am most interesting in the baller changes, it already received a buff in dmg reduction, now with less knockback, more stamina, and a larger hitbox combined with low charge rate on weapons and a special up that makes it even more tanky.
I do feel the next meta will revolve around ballers especially with a lean towards L-3 and gold aero

Also the buffs to one of my favorite specials, the splashdown will be just slightly more useful in suprise attacks and force players to backup or be very weak to a follow up, (goo tuber spalshdown to tapshot?), and special reduction on these weapons will definitely make them more viable in battles

I think the Splattershot Jr. is going to be the new main Ink Armor generator weapon now since it already charged it's special faster then any other Ink Armor weapon currently. The N-Zap will be a good alternative since it's more reliable in splatting enemies, but I do expect to see a lot more players using the Jr. to fill the Ink Armor void.

I'm also surprised that Ink Storm got buffed, I honestly thought it was already a good special and now it's even more potent in Splat Zones with these changes.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I think the Splattershot Jr. is going to be the new main Ink Armor generator weapon now since it already charged it's special faster then any other Ink Armor weapon currently. The N-Zap will be a good alternative since it's more reliable in splatting enemies, but I do expect to see a lot more players using the Jr. to fill the Ink Armor void.
Sticky bombs versus splat bombs, though. Given the choice between the two, I will never give up those sticky bombs. N-Zap for me.

Last edited:

Award

Splatoon v1.3.0 Sept. 7th at 6am P.T. (changelog copied from /u/frozenpandaman on Reddit!)
Match/battle changes:
  • Changed the performance of some Special Weapons:
    • Sting Ray
      • After shooting ink continuously for 1.5 secs, shock waves are generated and damage-dealing beam size is greatly increased
      • Default duration extended by 0.5 secs
    • Splashdown
      • Shortened the amount of time spent paused in the air (at the peak of the jump) by 1/6th of a second
      • Increased the jump height by 31%
      • Changed minimum explosion damage from 40.0 to 55.0
      • Reduced special charge points of some weapons that come with the Splashdown
    • Ink Storm
      • Expanded radius by 13%
      • Reduced the special points needed to charge on most weapons
    • Baller
      • Knockback decreased
      • Increased default endurance/stamina by 33%
      • Increased explosion radius – 17% more damage, 7% more inking
      • Changed minimum explosion damage from 30.0 to 55.0
      • Increased knockback effect against opponents on explosion
    • Ink Jet
      • Increased hitbox of player versus enemy bullets (Shooter weapons), so it will be easier to shoot down
      • Decreased explosion radius at point of impact – 17% for damage, 20% for inking
      • Decreased damage dealt by exhaust (underneath the Ink Jet) by 75%
    • Ink Armor
      • Decreased invincibility at the time when the armor is broken by 8/60 of a second
      • When receiving more than 100.0 damage at once, any excess damage will knock the Ink Armor user back (upper limit capped at 80.0)
  • Changed the performance of some Sub Weapons:
    • Sprinkler
      • Ink is released in three stages; increased the middle of these stages in duration by 5 seconds (this one was a bit difficult to translate, sorry)
      • Ink consumption decreased from 80% to 70% of the ink tank
    • Point Sensor
      • Expanded radius by 20%
      • Reduced the amount of time it took to start recovering ink after throwing it by 15/60 of a second
    • Splash Wall
      • Shortened the time between throwing and deployment by 0.5 seconds
    • Squid Beakon
      • Ink consumption decreased from 90% to 75% of the ink tank
  • Changed the performance of Main Weapons:
    • Tri-Slosher
      • Maximum damage dealt decreased from 62.0 to 52.0
      • Range shortened by 9%
  • Changed the special charge points of some weapons:
    • 210 → 200
      • .96 Gal
    • 200 → 190
      • N-ZAP '85
    • 190 → 170
      • E-Liter 4K, E-Liter 4K Scope
    • 180 → 170
      • Sploosh-o-matic, Splash-o-matic, Aerospray RG, Splattershot Pro, Blaster, Hero Blaster Replica, L3 Nozzlenose, Splat Roller, Hero Roller Replica
    • 180 → 160
      • Carbon Roller, Goo Tuber
    • 170 → 160
      • Inkbrush, Brella, Hero Brella Replica
    • 180 → 190
      • Splat Charger, Splatterscope, Hero Charger Replica
    • 180 → 210
      • Rapid Blaster
    • 210 → 230
      • Tentatek Splattershot
Various battle fixes:
  • Auto-special gauge charge (dependent on mode/ruleset) now dependent on points needed to charge (per-weapon basis) rather than consistent over an amount of time
  • Bugfixes for the following issues: Sloshing Machine hitbox/inking turf, rare Inkbrush and Octobrush incorrect hitbox on floor, Inkbrush and Octobrush and sponge interaction, damage recovery issue when touching opponents using Brella or Rollers, Roller vertical swing bug, Sting Ray ink droplet display, Ink Jet bullet interaction with corners, Brella and Ink Armor interaction, damage through/on wire meshes, Suction Bomb/surface interaction ink display on Starfish Mainstage, possible to go OOB/clip through world on Sturgeon Shipyard
Salmon Run:
  • Sting Ray, Splashdown – same changes as in battles (above)
  • Made Steelhead bombs unable to get stuck on top of Scrapper and Flyfish
  • Sting Ray + Stinger interaction issue fixed (can now hit all parts of body, not just pilot)
  • When using the Sting Ray on Grillers, fixed an issue where damage was not dealt when aiming at weak points (tentacles) through the main body
  • In Lost Outpost, fixed a problem where Steelheads would not attack in certain places
  • Fixed an issue when two players tried to pick up the same golden egg near the end of a wave, causing one of the players to be unable to pick up eggs in the following wave
  • Fixed issue where, after playing online, party members in the plaza were shown to have the Splattershot Jr. equipped
  • Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before starting, their weapon will be shown/stuck as the Rainmaker
  • Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before the end, the arrow pointing to them (indicating "self") on the scoreboard may be seen by other players
  • Fixed issue where a communication error would occur if a player was assigned a Roller-type weapon for a long period of time
Splatfest:
  • Changed number of points required to level up Splatfest Tee slots
    • Slot 1: 4000 → 7500
    • Slot 2: 8000 → 7500
    • Slot 3: 12000 → 7500
    • Total: 24000 → 22500
  • Fixed issue where players appearing in the plaza after Splatfest battles showed as having no shirt slots unlocked
Other changes:
  • When talking to Murch, you can now see your money and Super Sea Snail count in the corner of the screen
  • Fixed issue where ranked meters incorrectly displayed as breaking, in the case the bar was empty and there was a disconnection
  • Fixed issue where some gear, such as the Splatfest Tee, would not be displayed in the correct order while sorting by frequently used
  • Fixed damage issue with the Baller in the testing area

The Tri-Slosher has been defeated.

That's a heck of an update! Most of it seems great, without too much that's bad, though I worry about a few things. The great parts are, Stingray is now interesting sounding! Finally I can use it on the weapons that have it! Splashdown buff? Yes please! That's what MOST of the weapons I play use (except the ones that use stingray.) That just boosted my main main, the tuber! I use that splashdown often but it's too often I get splatted during the jump, and too often my enemies escape outside the radius when I should have really cornered them. This helps, as does the faster chargeup! Baller buff?! Cool, my new love for Krak-on just got better, the knockback was annoying. Ink storm....I'm kind of afraid of that, it's been a really annoying special to deal with for a while, and honestly the constant gold aero ballers are annoying too. The ink armor debuff isn't as strong as I was hoping it would be. The knockback is cool, but I'm a little disappointed it's still OP. Inkjet debuff is good. I'm not thrilled with across the board special charge increases....it felt like there were already way too many specials in play....with too many going off all the time, it's going to be frustrating and downright annoying in a lot of matches. It feels like specials are becoming blue shells of luck rather than tactical weapons to plan the match. And gold aero will have a non-stop invincibility special. Kraken part 2 here we go.

The bucket nerf is SUUCH a huge boon, I've been waiting for it. I'm VERY upset not to see an aerospray nerf. It was very badly needed. Instead they buff it?!

Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed/worried about that. It might make the bucket meta look desirable. Already it's rare to find a lobby with less than 3 aerosprays, and they even beat the tentateks at kill counts. Buffing that thing sounds disastrous. Though tick/lag is the bigger problem with them, they're like dynamos. When I kill with an aero it sounds like "tick, tick, tick.......tick, tick, *splat*" When I'm killed by aero it sounds like "titititi*SPLAT*" And they're standing across the map on a sniper perch. :p And inevitably they have a baller by the time I respawn again. I can play gold aero very well....but..... I know for a year in S1 I said I wanted aero buffed to be viable! I never imagined the entire game would revolve around aero the way the first testfire revolved around roller. :p I get lobbies that are 4-6 aeros, and almost no lobby has less than 2.

And I think inkmine needed buffing badly in the damage department. But at least now tuber gets even better, krak-on gets better, 4k gets....I guess....I don't know, less useless? Kinda? :p and splat charger gets better. Sploosh gets a little better.

Flingza is still pathetic. And that's ok. That's its thing.

But at least Tuber is better :)

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Award quick question how did you get the pictures of the new weapons into your signature?
I need to update mine, but the idea of copy pasting, and resizing mutiple images has made me not want to do it....

Sabeta

Inkster Jr.
Tri-Slosher is still a 2HKO and one of the fastest in the game, but its kills with indirect shots or residual damage should be less consistent. The range nerf hopefully puts it behind things like Splattershots and Dualies. Ink Armor nerf is nearly nonexistent, but the Inkjet nerf was a long time coming. I'll need to see Baller and Stingray in action to judge them, but the rest of the buffs seem acceptable.

Subweapon changes all seem fine.

I'm not certain was Award is complaining about the Aerospray. Their terrible range makes them very easy to kill, and dead Aerosprays aren't inking anything but spawn. I wouldn't say thay're bad weapons per se, but a good player with any amount of range should easily outmaneuver and splat them repeatedly. It's become even easier now that I switched to the Forge and can peg them from a mile away, but before then even my Dualies were enough.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Maybe now I can start using the Stingray more than twice a game if at all!? Eh I'm not sure if the buffs it got are gonna be enough, you generally don't fire it continuously when tracking moving targets, and having it out longer seems more like a nerf lel. Will be better at forcing people off the Tower for sure though.

Pretty happy about most everything else, especially that Baller buff, dang! Combined with it's previous buff, I probably wont feel the need to run Special Power Up on it, certainly not 3 mains worth atleast... or I still could to have an invincible Baller, but that's definitely overkill! The damage increase though is huge, it means you can run into an opponent (50 dmg) which is more likely thanks to reduced knockback, and then kill them with an indirect explosion hit (55 dmg) also more likely with the improved range.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Baller finally gets a good buff, along with the majority of the underused specials. Hooray!

Stingray is going to be interesting, but it really depends what this new shockwave property is gonna be. Is it going to do splash damage when the beam comes in contact with ground? I guess we'll find out if it ends up being worthwhile or not when we try it out.

I doubt this nerf is going to hurt Tri that much. It still has no falloff damage and it's attack is still a 2-shot kill, but the range decrease definitely makes it more manageable. It now at least has to score a direct with burst in order to lower that to a 1-shot. It's still going to stay strong.

Award

@Saber I actually linked them to the mini-thumbnails on inkipedia, though I did that for S1 and a few weeks ago they changed the web layout and all those old image paths showed up as broken images here. So I updated it all for new splatoon 2 weapons. And then last week they remodeled again and all the thumbnails are large images, I can't find the minis anymore. So the ones I already picked seem to (for now) still be there, but I can't grab links to new ones. The Goo Tuber one is the size of the ones they have visible now. It coincidentally happens to signify my main main nicely so it worked out until I have to add others ;)

Tri-Slosher is still a 2HKO and one of the fastest in the game, but its kills with indirect shots or residual damage should be less consistent. The range nerf hopefully puts it behind things like Splattershots and Dualies. Ink Armor nerf is nearly nonexistent, but the Inkjet nerf was a long time coming. I'll need to see Baller and Stingray in action to judge them, but the rest of the buffs seem acceptable.

Subweapon changes all seem fine.

I'm not certain was Award is complaining about the Aerospray. Their terrible range makes them very easy to kill, and dead Aerosprays aren't inking anything but spawn. I wouldn't say thay're bad weapons per se, but a good player with any amount of range should easily outmaneuver and splat them repeatedly. It's become even easier now that I switched to the Forge and can peg them from a mile away, but before then even my Dualies were enough.
This aint your grandma's aerospray! These things have teeth! I made the same assumption you did until I started seeing hordes of super-deadly aero players. Very often I see aeros having the most kills (well into the double digits) in the lobby. I didn't believe it and didn't get many kills myself when I'd try it (though I was pretty decent with aero in S1, weak as it was.) Sometimes it's lag, I get killed a lot by aeros WAAAY outside the range they should be able to kill, and they have kill speeds that rival the bucket when that happens. But the other day I picked it up again, and approached it differently and then I saw it. The thing is a killing machine! I was getting 12-16 kills with it without breaking a sweat. I was playing it more sploosh-like instead of splattershot like, and I realized it's just like a sploosh but with triple the range. Technically a lot slower ttk, but if you're evasive it doesn't matter. I think too many S1 players keep applying S1 thinking to it. It's more dangerous than before. And it's inking capability gives it much more maneuverability for an evasive player than most weapons except sploosh. Pack it with some inksaver and speed buffs and go to town.....And then there's that unlimited baller..... ;) It's a matter of perspective. If you main Forge they have limited range. If you main sploosh, they have amazing range :p

Yeah, aero's OP this time around. Fixed it's uselessness but created a monster.

Aero can't be thought of as a short range tentatek. It's a long range sploosh. A lot of players seem to have figured that out, and it's quite deadly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom