Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
While the Hydra is fun I'm struggling to use auto bombs with it. It feels discoordinated with the main weapon. Anybody have techniques for using it with the Hydra?

Also the new jazz music blew my mind. It's like the TF2 music mixed with The Seatbelts (Cowboy Bebop OST).
Autobombs are point sensors that go boom. Or burst bombs with auto aim. :P I find myself tossing autobombs as a main with the new hydra so far. (Admittedly, FE:Warriors and Mario+Rabbids is stealing me Splatoon time to near zero at the moment.... :) )

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Hasn't Callie the Great Zapfish been missing for a few of weeks now?
Oh, okay. I had dedicated all my Splatoon resources to Splatoon 1 for the last few weeks so I wouldn't have caught it, but I was under the impression that the 2.0 update is what removed it.

Award

Wow. New gear, new music, new maps, Hydra, and the thread falls silent...

So everybody's just waiting for the clam game then? :)

(honestly, the game needed new music but the new music really does NOT fit the game, IMO. Poor choice. It sounds like Mario Kart Band/ARMS Band. Because it *IS* Mario Kart Band/ARMS Band.) The concept should have been good. Experimental acid jazz just wasn't a fit for Splatoon. And 70's LSD soaked Miles isn't good Miles..... )

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

(honestly, the game needed new music but the new music really does NOT fit the game, IMO. Poor choice. It sounds like Mario Kart Band/ARMS Band. Because it *IS* Mario Kart Band/ARMS Band.) The concept should have been good. Experimental acid jazz just wasn't a fit for Splatoon. And 70's LSD soaked Miles isn't good Miles..... )
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There's lots of shiny new stuff but really, the game is the same as it ever was. I'm not surprised people went quiet so quickly. And hey, glad to see we agree on the new music.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
There really isn't much to talk about. Mako Mart is well designed, but shares more of the same in layout (square and otherwise open except for lots of random walls and height differences). The Hydra Splatting is a returning weapon and seems to function the same. Not much you can say about the hair other than if you like it or not. I think most people don't like the new music either. To me, the songs range from "would work well in another game" to just plain awful.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Gear, hair and music isn't really something you can say a lot about, which leaves just one stage, and the weapon of the week. And that weapon sucks as hard as ever and is already dissapearing from the scene, so that leaves the stage, which doesn't really have a very interesting concept to discuss (though it is one of the best stages). I personally have been playing a lot lately, but I just don't have anything to say about it.

I think Ink Theory fits Splatoon wonderfully, but there are those with a bad taste in music who might disagree. ;)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Meh, none of the new music bothers me. I can rock with it. And I can still work with it during a match like I do with any of the other battles tracks, because I'm awesome/whimsical/kooky/trashy (select all that apply) like that.

And 70's LSD soaked Miles isn't good Miles
Okay, I'll kinda agree with you on that one.

The activity lull I think is due to last week being a holiday week in the US and tension release. Besides, most people aren't always enthralled by shiny things for too long. Especially once they have the new shiny.

Meanwhile my turf war lobbies mostly populate with new and would-be returning players not high enough a level to own a hydra. But I also need to play more often. I didn't get much time with the new Salmon Run map, to play with the hydra, I'm quickly running low on funds to buy new clothes, burning all my scrubbing money on new clothes, need to level up a lot of clothes, and need more money to scrub all my clothes. Such a vicious, twisted circumstance.

And sadly, with the Hydra Splatling finally being released, the weapon release betting game could get boring. It's now a guess between "new weapon" or "weapon variant" every weekend.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」

Part of it is easily answered by "most discussions/hype about new gear/music/stages happens on Discord servers". At least that's the case for me, personally. I'm psyched about the returning gear and finally got all pieces of the new, surprisingly good looking ghillie suit set after days of evil RNG not giving me much of the new stuff in stores, other than the cool vest that I acquired on day one.

I still haven't tested the Hydra yet but I'll give it a whirl sometime this week. Mako Market is a great stage for Rainmaker and decent for Turf if the matchmaker agrees. It's very open and despite the obligatory raised mid part it's the kind of stage that is a dream for highly mobile charger players. I'm always psyched when it's in the rotation with another decent stage. I'm looking forward to Walleye's return and can't wait for Clam Blitz to release. While I'm still unsure on how it'll play out in single queue it should be a blast for coordinated quad play. I've been out of the loop for a while but I'm sure something is about to come this Friday? Can't be more disappointing than the Custom E-Liter, that's for sure.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I have honestly gone dark cause I have been grinding out gear for abilities.... and not getting a single one I want.
While also trying to start a mini replay hut like thread of funny or clutch moments in splatoon

I am curious is th zapfish disappearance is a bug or is it a sign to come.... like an expanded single player mode, and maybe some other items (like octoling maybe).

I am excited for clam blitz it seems really cool with a drastic meta shift since high mobiliy weapons. Brushes, duelies, and even gootube/squiffer Have a better chance to shine.
Plus a playstyle that requires everyone to stick to their roles.....solo queue will be very fun soon won't it (chugs a gallon of water).

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
I am curious is th zapfish disappearance is a bug or is it a sign to come.... like an expanded single player mode, and maybe some other items (like octoling maybe).
It was confirmed that the Zapfish disappearing was a bug that came with 2.0 and they fixed it. Sad face

Award

Can't be more disappointing than the Custom E-Liter, that's for sure.
Already, you have forgotten the inkbrush nouveau?!? :P It's a testament to how bad it is.....we can't remember it at all and we think the CEliter is the worst weapon in the game. :P

Plus a playstyle that requires everyone to stick to their roles.....solo queue will be very fun soon won't it (chugs a gallon of water).
C+: The highest Clam rank we'll ever have.....

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Already, you have forgotten the inkbrush nouveau?!? :p It's a testament to how bad it is.....we can't remember it at all and we think the CEliter is the worst weapon in the game. :p
To be frank, yes I have completely forgotten about it as it doesn't hurt me as much as the existence of the CEliter. The special killed it more than the Beakons ever could, lol. R.I.P. burst bomb main.

It was confirmed that the Zapfish disappearing was a bug that came with 2.0 and they fixed it. Sad face
Oh Nintendo,

I would've really liked an expansion to the single player mode. And while I certainly do hope they'll bring back the Octoling gear / Octolings at some point and release the Marina + Pearl Amiibos earlier than at the end of the game's lifespan, I don't see either of those happening anymore. ;-;

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've been off, too busy with school, tanks givin' and basking in Splatoon 2 while I can (before the moon crashes down and kills everything *insert rant about paid online being a shameless cash grab*) to really pay a whole lot of attention elsewhere.
But people saying the music clashes with Splatoon?
I like the wonky sound of Ink Theory ._.

I definitely see where their particular style would stick out like a sore thumb in squid stages.
Yeah, kids(and squids) paintballin' to crazy... ska-jazz?
of Ink Theory. . .

at a skatepark?

at a BMX track?

DOES NOT COMPUTE-

wait a sec'
We have an art academy stage, a museum(how a bunch of hyper-spastic, trigger happy squids got the official OK to have a hectic ink-moshpit in a museum is beyond me) a top skyscrapers of the mega-brand corporate skyscrapers?

HOLY SUCTION BOMB LAUNCHER
That's a match made in heaven in my book! (however, I really dig this music on its own so... biased opinion is biased ;P;P;P;P)

And Bottom Feeders?

Actually I tend to shy away from a lot of country beat style music at the risk of "MA SHAWTGUN n MA DAWG n MA GURL LEFT ME, GUNNA MAYREE MA WHISKEE" lyrics.

But I'd be a liar if I said I couldn't appriciate a violin being a fiddle.
And the Rock-country sound? (I say rock country because country rock might enrage some people I know it does for me .-.)
Hot SCHWAFFLE do Bottom Feeders fit on stages like Blackbelly, humpback, starfish mainstage, and the like for me!

Also, we've kinda had the undertones of these music cultures' clothe style (I think?) with the presence of stuff like plaid shirts, workboots, a Rodeo shirt for cryin' out loud, so it wasn't completely out of left field (except hardly anyone wears these kind of gears)

TerriblyLong-winded?DangRobots.
New songs not the best fit for some more rock/techno/hip hop style of stages,
But they work pretty nicely for most of the other stages, and the hectic sound style hardly throws me during the hectic Ink-apocalypse that is the middle of any match, as it doesn't clash too much on some less matching stage.

PS
I REALLY like this song, but please, never in splatoon xP

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Actually I tend to shy away from a lot of country beat style music at the risk of "MA SHAWTGUN n MA DAWG n MA GURL LEFT ME, GUNNA MAYREE MA WHISKEE" lyrics.
Meanwhile Splatoon country lyrics be like MA WEPUN, MA TEEMMATES, DURN DISCONNECTS, and last second comebacks makin me drink salt. Goddess save me if I write bad Splatoon country lyrics even as a joke. ¬.¬

I'll admit, I have played while listening to classical music before, but to have official Splatoon classical music in a match--followed abruptly by he one minute left tune--would mindbreak many many players. ...which could be fun to watch. *evil grin*

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Already, you have forgotten the inkbrush nouveau?!? :p It's a testament to how bad it is.....we can't remember it at all and we think the
What wrong with the inkbrush Noveau? It is a great weapon with such a unique style, along with other such greats like the tenta brella, the foil flingza (#Justrollwithit), the vanilla dynamo, and the custom jr.
Shall I continue?
:D

Last edited:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
OH YEAH

I also am happy that good ol' red hi-tops are in splatoon 2 now,
though I'm sad that I have to wait for them to come with a better main than
:confused: ink resistance

And ALSO

I want these with a main besides quick respawn!

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
OH YEAH

I also am happy that good ol' red hi-tops are in splatoon 2 now,
though I'm sad that I have to wait for them to come with a better main than
:confused: ink resistance

And ALSO

I want these with a main besides quick respawn!

My lovely cutie Bubble Rain Boots now have icky Drop Roller instead of Damage Up :mad:. Even Quick Respawn would be better! (But not by much)

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What wrong with the inkbrush Noveau? It is a great weapon with such a unique style, along with other such greats like the tenta brella, the foil flingza (#Justrollwithit), the vanilla dynamo, and the custom jr.
Shall I continue?
The Custom Jr. shouldn't even remotely be in that list.

Award

To be frank, yes I have completely forgotten about it as it doesn't hurt me as much as the existence of the CEliter. The special killed it more than the Beakons ever could, lol. R.I.P. burst bomb main.

Oh Nintendo,
I would've really liked an expansion to the single player mode. And while I certainly do hope they'll bring back the Octoling gear / Octolings at some point and release the Marina + Pearl Amiibos earlier than at the end of the game's lifespan, I don't see either of those happening anymore. ;-;
Haha, well as far as eliters go I was always a CEliter main (screw burst bomb maining, the talent is with the main gun!) and I love the beacons (I played CEliter with a QSJ build so I could flit from perch to perch in a blink, or fall back as needed to a better perch if the enemy was pushing in a blink. It was great!) BUT....yeah...that bubble blower....is so terrible. OTOH inkmines on the eliter.....along with inkstorm....at least I can still hop between perches with CEliter.....vanilla has absolutely nothing going for it. At all.

Shall I continue?
I was ready to start smashing random buttons on my keyboard until I realized what you did there :P
#justrollwithit

At least you recognize vanilla dynamo is garbage now :P None of these weapons are even good against test dummies. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom