Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Nice time machine ya got there.
How’s this for a time machine? My post from last week:

I have a feeling that next week will be the Glooga Dualies as it's been ages since we got the Dualie Squelchers, and we haven't got the Dapple Nouveau or Custom DS yet. The week after (8th/9th December) will probably be the Squeezer with the Light Brella coming on the 15th/16th since we got 2 Brellas fairly close together. We've already gathered that the trailer's purpose was to show upcoming content, and they teased these 4 weapons for a reason, clearly they want to make up for 5 weeks of non-stop variants.
You can borrow it if you want, but no guarantees it works fully as my other 2 guesses for weapon release order could be entirely wrong (or the Nintendo Ninjas* cone to devour my soul and change the weapons for lulz). Yes @Ansible the kit is Ink Mine and Inkjet, pretty sure I won’t be a fan because I never liked that special. I forsee them being gal like in fire rate, range and mobility, so I bet dodge rolls will be slow if you get higher DPS with the freeze stance. Can’t wait to read all those comments slating them tomorrow lol.

*So if I disappear unexpectedly you can pin it on Ninty’s Ninjas. Don’t make them angry, you wouldn’t like them when they’re angry :p

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
From what I've seen on the chart, the Gloogas seem to be the "heavy" of the dualies. 35 mobility, 76 damage, and 56 range. Supposedly for these Dualies, instead of a fire rate increase after a roll, it's a damage increase. I'm not sure if the 76 damage is before roll or after. Range isn't anything amazing, but it's slightly better than a Splattershot. Also it's slow! Imagine what the dodge roll is going to be like. I bet it'll be like a Dark Souls fat roll.

Mines are mostly useless and I'm always scared of using Inkjet, so the kit is pretty meh.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
We'll have to see how the weapon itself performs. That kit is pretty awful in the current meta, unless the guns themselves are amazing I can't see these shaking things up.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Scumbag Nintendo: Gives us new weapons. Kit sucks.

Trislosher/baller forever and ever.

Than this guy must be ****ing huge:

See, I think this is all like the "Yoshi is a dinosuaur", "Koopalings are Bowser's kids!" Wait, no they're not! kind of debates. If Marina's 5'7 and Pearl's 4'8, how did Jud go from a normal cat with a big head to a 4' tall bipedal cat? Though he seems smaller in this game, like He seems tabletop size in the plaza....in S1 he was almost inkling size. EVERYTHING seems smaller in S2 though.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Imo the kit is okay, it can act on inkmines and has the 1-2 punch of fire into inkmine kinda like the rapid blaster.
Mobility is terrible but a trade in for power could make this a roll you might actually have to think about before using, due to what I am going to guess is a very punishing freeze frame after the roll.

However I do however agree to the idea of inkjet, mainly cause this give the weapon a decent long range counter to balance out it's close range sub and mid range firing rate

Overall I feel it has some potential, though I am likely going to run a mix of run speed and sub power up and see how well that works

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I guess rolling out of the way to have someone trip the ink mine while shooting at them could be a thing. Maybe?

Are these the last type of dualies found in the datamine? Will there be any charger-type or brush-type dualies? :p Are there any other non-shooter weapons to expect.

But wow, if it remains as is, that 76 damage for a shooter sounds ridiculous. Even after a roll. Guess we'll have to find out later in less than twelve hours.

Prepare for your weekly matchmaking shenanigans!

Award

Imo the kit is okay, it can act on inkmines and has the 1-2 punch of fire into inkmine kinda like the rapid blaster.
Mobility is terrible but a trade in for power could make this a roll you might actually have to think about before using, due to what I am going to guess is a very punishing freeze frame after the roll.

However I do however agree to the idea of inkjet, mainly cause this give the weapon a decent long range counter to balance out it's close range sub and mid range firing rate

Overall I feel it has some potential, though I am likely going to run a mix of run speed and sub power up and see how well that works
Did you notice every time a weapon has inkmines there's only one person who thinks that's a good thing? :p

Will there be any charger-type or brush-type dualies? :p
Dual tubers? Dual inkbrush? Heck yeah!

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Now it’s possible to wear a complete Grizzco outfit... until today we have had no footwear. Unfortunately I don’t have any of the headgear, so I won’t be the one to pilot the all-Grizzco costume

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Boy, I am just a negative nancy lately, aren't I? :p Anyway, the Glooga Dualies are out and I am not impressed at all. Same fire rate as the .52 with a range that's a step further. The dodge rolls are really slow. It takes 3 hits to kill, 4 with fall-off damage, and 2 after a dodge roll. Poor coverage which isn't a shocker since the Gals share that trait. You can get a 2-hit kill after an ink mine, but that's not a reliable combo. I'm not really seeing any reasons to use these instead of the .52 Gal.

Watch as it gets buffed too much and becomes one of the meta kings ;)

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Well, at least we can start looking forward to the tetra dualies

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Boy, I am just a negative nancy lately, aren't I? :p Anyway, the Glooga Dualies are out and I am not impressed at all. Same fire rate as the .52 with a range that's a step further. The dodge rolls are really slow. It takes 3 hits to kill, 4 with fall-off damage, and 2 after a dodge roll. Poor coverage which isn't a shocker since the Gals share that trait. You can get a 2-hit kill after an ink mine, but that's not a reliable combo. I'm not really seeing any reasons to use these instead of the .52 Gal.

Watch as it gets buffed too much and becomes one of the meta kings ;)
They seem okay to me. Just buff the firing rate and ink consumption and it'd be decent like the Tenta Brella.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Those Dualies just seem... meh at best... Because the .52 Gal is a thing.
So with the Gloogas you have a 3 shot kill that's even less accurate, at the same fire rate, but the .52 always kills in 2 shots
Sure, you have a tiny bit more range, and after your rather slow roll you get more accuracy and the 2 shot kill, but you have to be standing completely still, which most likely will get you killed since mobility is so crucial in this game.

And the kits... the Glooga's Ink Mines don't do much for the weapon, and it can't really make use of it since it's not really the weapon that wants to stay back and cover your allies...
The .52 Gal's Point Sensors do a better job at marking people than the Ink Mines for obvious reasons, and the Baller is still a very good special in the meta, unlike the Inkjet, despite the recent buff, is still underwhelming

You have to put effort into learning the rolls and making use of them which is too much asked and not really worth it for the competitve community. Safe to assume that most people will just stick to the old, much more reliable .52 Gal.

It's sad to see yet another brand new weapon that's so... dissapointing, to say the least

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Whelp, sounds like another high risk low reward weapon. I'll prob be skipping out on this one and stick to my usual guns.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
What a letdown of a weapon. 3 shots to kill at .52 Gal's fire rate, and with the Dualie's oftentimes wonky targeting with two guns. The TTK is so slow, and relying on dodge rolling for damage is only useful when ambushing an enemy.

Are these the last type of dualies found in the datamine? Will there be any charger-type or brush-type dualies? :p Are there any other non-shooter weapons to expect.
Didn't you know about the Dualie Brellas? Instead of the Brellas being shields, they're used as fists for you to punch your enemies to death. Imagine a Dualie Brella duel. It'll be like a round of Rock-em-Sock-em Robots!

Actually from what I can tell, there's Tetra Dualies, which have the same stats as regular Dualies except with more mobility. The Squeezer is the only new weapon type I see.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
0_0; y'all crazy?

These things have some respectable slayer potential, so long as you're using dodge rolls to get those 52 damage blobs.
not to mention the range is great for keeping short range squids from getting to your beautiful face

Inkmines, sure they are not a grenade, so you miss out on some
aggressive pressuring tools. But using them as added defense for your backline/flanks is a great boon to defense (or you can use them offensively if you're feeling janky =p)

And Inkjet I feel is back to a hard to master, but powerful special weapon.
I still need a lot of practice before I can graduate from being a weak-jet >_<

At the very least, if this kit never finds a competitive spot, then the glooga deco's (current assumed) kit will...
splash wall and baller

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
no dodge rolls '3'
And don't forget how much praying you have to do to RNGeezus when you play the gals at max range,
52 gal makes glooga look like a dang charger with that single reticle accuracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom