Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Also some interesting news
Along with the bathtub I have heard that they datamined a charge keep splatling

I don't think any of the splatlings (outside of the heavy deco and mini) will stand a chance once this comes into play but might actually get me to try out splatling a whole lot more
Would it really be that impactful? The benefit of charge store on Chargers was mainly for quick scopes (ironic given scopes can't store charges) and minor repositionong.

But Splatlings don't have laser sights so the element of surprise isn't as big of a game changer as with a charger and you never needed a full charge to splat with a Splatling anyways, partial charges are already lethal.

Will probably be useful for being aggressive and jumping into a firefight, but I don't see this being a huge game changer for the role they already play.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Honestly that's a good thing, Burst Bombs are and always will be disgusting. They really should've never been on high fire-rate weapons at all.
Well, it's only its special, which are supposed to be kinda good.

Would it really be that impactful?
The Hydra Splatling (and to some degree the Heavy Splatling) is completely useless IMO thanks (in part) to the fact that it can't save charge, so it would certainly be a welcome feature on a Splatling for me.

Reactions: the

Cephalobro

A Splatling that can keep charge is a very interesting concept, I wonder how much it'll affect the meta game as a whole. Granted, we don't know how much range it will have yet, but could this be the weapon that finally topples meta weapons like the Clash Blaster or the Octobrush?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Full charge on a heavy splatling can mow down three inklings, with some leeway for missed shots.

A stored charge splatling that can take down even two inklings on one charge could be troublesome. It'll probably have something like four shots to splat and a charger glow to balance it out a bit.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Carbon isn't coming, not with that kit, they have had opportunities to release this set in the past and haven't likely cause it would crash the server. So it will likely be adjusted before it is implemented
For the record the Carbon Deco's kit has been Sprinkler and Inkjet all the way up to now. It was with the release of version 3.0.0 that the kit was changed to the current leaked loadout. It wouldn't crash any servers because there are no servers during matches (aside from the one keeping you online), all matches are peer-to-peer. The Tri-Slosher Nouveau was the original weapon slated for Autobomb Launcher, and they changed the special to Ink Storm whilst keeping the sub weapon the same. I doubt it'd cause any disconnects as the issue with Seeker Rush in the first game was the fact you sent an awful lot of data packets in a very short amount of time, which was made worse on maps like Blackbelly where data packets were larger due to all the curved surfaces.

You were sending "I'm inking this, I'm locking onto that, I'm throwing bomb (basically same as locking on to a target)" whilst you had the bomb rush, so all of the updates being sent out for the seekers inking combined with the ones that locked on to foes and throwing them was what made players with rather poor connection speeds and quality drop out of matches. In comparison, all this one does is throw Autobombs through the air, which lock on to a target when they land and chases them, essentially removing 2 of the 3 updates Seekers sent (locking on and inking), the data should be much smaller due to you telling other consoles "I threw 10 Autobombs" (random number to demonstrate) rather than "I sent 8 Seekers that are inking this much map whilst locking onto people". I can't claim this is how Autobombs work with regards to Splatoon 2's networking, but it could be along those lines since it only locks on when it lands. We'll see very soon what the weapons are for this month, so time will tell, and of course, those unreleased weapons could have yet another weapon kit change when the new patch drops.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
The Hydra Splatling (and to some degree the Heavy Splatling) is completely useless IMO thanks (in part) to the fact that it can't save charge, so it would certainly be a welcome feature on a Splatling for me.
I get the Hydra because the charge on that thing is monstrous, but can you really say so with the Heavy while it probably ranks as one if not the most competitively viable backliner at the moment. That and unlike chargers, they don't require a full charge to perform under most situations.

But this weapons isn't changing pre-existing splatlings. I'm guessing it'll probably be similar to the Goo Tuber, loses range and charge time for its storage. It's gonna be an interesting addition to the lineup for sure and probably favor more aggressive play.

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Gameboy224
One reason I feel this will be make splatlings meta shift is cause honestly as a splatting has always had a terrible mobility, it was one of the reason I prefer not to use it, whether partial or full your strafe speed comes to a crawl and the fact that you lose the charge every time you turn into a squid (makes a weapon like the hydra very tiresome

This make it feel clunky in comparison to a charger and forced them to play very defensively (except the aforementioned heavy deco and mini), with the inclusion of a weapon specifically designed to hold charge this means splatting stay back and anchor, or it can push forward aggressively with a team, or it can even pull off flank.

@Cyan
My main concern is the info that is processing is a little more than that of the seekers
I am locked onto this, if within the radius, I am following this until I am within a set radius from the players or the preset timer runs out , and if there no object within the set radius I explode a few frames after making contact with the ground.

To put it simply that is a lot of info being processed at a single time now imagine have a team full of people only using that special.... granted maybe Nintendo stepped up their game and the servers won't crash, BUT the lag spike you would experience in such a case would be nearly unbearable

Ansible

Community Ambassador
But this weapons isn't changing pre-existing chargers. I'm guessing it'll probably be similar to the Goo Tuber, loses range and charge time for its storage. It's gonna be an interesting addition to the lineup for sure and probably favor more aggressive play.
Mmm, now I'm wondering how this will all work. One technique used by all splatling sizes is cancelling your stream by squidding.

Leaves me wondering how that'll be done with this speculative hold-charge splatling. Does it have to be fully charged to store it in squid form? If I begin firing, even a partial charge, then squid form will I lose my charge? Will it have the gootuber's continuous partial charging when switching forms? Can I full charge then use up multiple partial charges by repeatedly squidding? Can I abuse this baby by continously charge-store-fire-repeat throughout the match?!

Wow, that and more is quite a bit the dev team has to iron out just for this weapon.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I get the Hydra because the charge on that thing is monstrous, but can you really say so with the Heavy while it probably ranks as one if not the most competitively viable backliner at the moment. That and unlike chargers, they don't require a full charge to perform under most situations.
Well, note that I said 'IMO'. I think the Heavy Splatling has too long of a charging time for the amount of usage you're gonna get out of the longest charge. Being able to save your charge helps at least some of the clunkyness of it.
To put it simply that is a lot of info being processed at a single time now imagine have a team full of people only using that special.... granted maybe Nintendo stepped up their game and the servers won't crash, BUT the lag spike you would experience in such a case would be nearly unbearable
Well, I doubt they'd still have it in the works, let alone change a kit's special to it, if it was that bad.
And I don't know how exactly the Autobombs work under the hood, but it seems the tracking could use some kind of shortcut to make the process more automatic. There's only 8 players in the game, and only their location is important for Autobomb tracking.
I just don't see why that would be that taxing considering there's already so much information being broadcast about all kinds of other stuff.

Last edited:

the

Inkling Commander
So hey, is wahoo world the last map we’re getting? Or is it possible there will be more new and returning maps? I really miss museum, flounder heights, and mahi mahi.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
So hey, is wahoo world the last map we’re getting? Or is it possible there will be more new and returning maps? I really miss museum, flounder heights, and mahi mahi.
Wait a minute... WHERE'S D'ALFONSINO?!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Didn't somebody mention we're getting 2 years worth of content? We haven't even reached 1 year yet. I wouldn't count the possibility for even more maps in the future out. We already know they seem to be working on completely new weapons, so new stuff may still be coming in. We might even hit 4.0.0.

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I will be a sad bunny if they don't bring Ancho-V Games back. It was the best map from the first game.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
This weekend!

New set of solo rank stages. Rank X reset. New stage. New weapons. And not one new bamboozler?! ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Code:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1001750699598737408

Each new weapon introduced in the following tweets.

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
This weekend!

New set of solo rank stages. Rank X reset. New stage. New weapons. And not one new bamboozler?! ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Each new weapon introduced in the following tweets.
Sorry to trouble you, but link please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom