Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maave

Inkling Commander
I love the adjustments in this patch. Lots of tweaks for weapons that needed a little help .... Except the tentamissiles seem excessive. Nerf inkoming.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I love the adjustments in this patch. Lots of tweaks for weapons that needed a little help .... Except the tentamissiles seem excessive. Nerf inkoming.
It's only excessive if it's targeting one person.

the

Inkling Commander
English patch notes are up. https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/p/897

"When the gear ability Special Power Up is equipped, in addition to the its other benefits, the radius of turf inked by missiles when they land has also been increased."
I saw @Lonely_Dolphin ’s comment, so I tested it out in the firing range and it seems like there is no difference in painting with special power up... (i targeted one of the stationary dummies with ten missiles, and the area inked looked almost exactly the same with no SpPU vs 3 mains and a few subs)

I wonder if someone at nintendo goofed

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Can confirm that despite my calculations using the numbers on inkpedia telling me that one main of ink saver sub would just barely let a player throw two autobombs with a standard ink tank, it does take at least 4 subs to throw two autobombs from a standard ink tank (as in not Custom Jr.).

Played around with it for a while using my Hydra since the Ballpoint got slightly nerfed and the Hydra got some significant buffs all around. From experience I can tell you: the damage buff does wonders. Finally getting consistent three hit kills is so satisfying. Throwing two autobombs is really fun as well. I've gotten way more splats on average with these autobombs than the old ones. Having two chickens also helps when retreating, which I find myself doing more than the average shooter. Honestly I love that this weapon keeps getting buffs. Makes me feel sorry for the charger mains who's longest ranged weapon still hasn't seen any love.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Undercover buff + Opening Gambit = Win

Seriously though, I never realized how many assists this weapon gets! I feel as if I was a bit too ****y with this buff as I was literally jumping into mosh pits in retrospect.

However, no this weapon would be more suited to flank the enemy team when they're not looking or assassinating people one by one.

For Tenta Missiles, I feel like the buff was good, but Tenta Missiles should be re-arranged. IMO there should be more missiles-12 missiles spread out for each player you target-so the more people there are, the less missiles will be launched. In addition, the damage should be nerfed to deal 20 damage.

TL;DR: More missiles for less damage

P.S. What if the missiles landed slower so people are forced to move longer, and the less people you target, the longer they have to move?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Please, just let the Pearl crown have a good ability. Just give me this one.
Cold-Blooded >:(
Sigh...

Highlight of this update is spamming Splat Bombs with the Jr.
I pretty much ignored the vanilla Jr. before because I don't like Ink Armor that much, but this just gives it that little boost to make it the de facto Splat Bomb spamming king. Especially since it's a weapon you can safely just run a lot of ISS without missing out.

Other than that, kinda meh patch to me. I'm not really sure yet what to think of the Tenta Missles buff. I got a 10x missle on my tail a few times, but those weren't very well timed so I can't really speak for how useful it really is. Undercover buff seems excessive, but it's a weapon I like to play, so I'll take it. Also not sure why they chose to nerf the Inkjet just as I'm getting into using it.

Sprinklers still suck, so overall I'm dissapointed I guess.

Reactions: the

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Salmon Run got some changes too. Mostly bug fixes, and they made Mothership easier, but there was one thing that stuck out to me:
“Goldies in fog waves will now drop either one, five, or ten eggs, determined randomly.”

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Also not sure why they chose to nerf the Inkjet just as I'm getting into using it.
What's annoying about this is that inkjet is the special that takes the most skill to use and tentas are among the least skilled specials. So I don't really like that trend.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Had a fun night testing out the changes with some lovely peoples, and reading some of the going-ons.

RIP Pearl's crown, we all had such high hopes! ... think I'll give it a pure cold-blooded treatment for the lulz, because I don't have a pure cold-blooded headpice, and I gotta do something with those chunks. lol

And another nerfed moment of silence, this one for the Baller. I often got around faster by bouncing than rolling. And I find a "bouncing hamster ball of doom" more amusing than a "rolling hamster ball of doom."

Meanwhile the Hydra is becoming beastly but who even used a Hydra anyway! And with the new Tenta Missile buff, I want to explicitly start targeting the Inkjets with them. Just the Inkjets! >=D

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Why do I always miss patches on day 1? (I guess I'll just use Splatfest to test the changes.)
Oh dear god...

Guys, they’ve finally listened...

NEW INK TANKS!!!!!
Those ink tanks look like babies bottles lel.

As for the patch itself, I don't know how to feel about it:
- Nothing I use particularly changed
- The Dualie Squelchers fricking finally got a nerf, but not in a way that helps with the matchup
- Tenta Missiles got buffed - which is good for competitive, but it makes a special I already found annoying even worse
- Pearl's crown has a trash main ability so I know for sure only narcissists will use it
The other parts of the pearl gear is good tho.

That slosher kind of looks like a urinal.
Inkopolis really has no appreciation for fine art.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i think it's time to preorder my Marina & Pearl amiibo tomorrow from the game store in the mall nearby,idk about you guys but i liked both their outfits from the octo expansion and i am curious to see how they look on my octoling/inkling boy xD

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As someone who's been using the vanilla Jet since launch, even occasionally when the Custom Jet would be better... I. AM. VINDICATED. Tenta missiles feel AMAZING now and I'm splatting people with them far more than I used to! Even better, I can do a better job of harassing everyone who uses perches and hideyholes throughout a match, TEN MISSILES FOR YOU! :D

Overall, a very solid patch. There are still some things that are questionable in terms of balance, but right now more weapons are viable than not, so I feel like we're on the right track.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
As someone who's been using the vanilla Jet since launch, even occasionally when the Custom Jet would be better... I. AM. VINDICATED. Tenta missiles feel AMAZING now and I'm splatting people with them far more than I used to! Even better, I can do a better job of harassing everyone who uses perches and hideyholes throughout a match, TEN MISSILES FOR YOU! :D

Overall, a very solid patch. There are still some things that are questionable in terms of balance, but right now more weapons are viable than not, so I feel like we're on the right track.
Word, word, word. On Fuzzy's stream today, he was still crapping all over tentas because people were using them wrong (basically, targeting only him when he was in the middle of his own ink with nobody around on either team).

I'm really afraid that because Fuzzy is so popular and so consistently craps on tentas, people are going to keep thinking the special is bad when really it's that most tenta users don't know how to use it correctly. It's a weird special because it's one of the easiest to use but one of the hardest to use correctly (because correct usage involves a level of game IQ not everyone has).

Basically, any player who was using them wrong before will keep using them wrong. This buff doesn't change that. But in capable hands, it could be devastating.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Is it me or has anyone been getting disconnects since the update dropped?
i think there are more disconnects because it is summer break soooo alot of people are playing and i guess lots of them have a bad connection
,i got a wifi extender just to get my switch to have good internet connection in my room x.x

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
MC_Princess hat has cold blooded DX

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
So. The dataminers updated their list to 3.2.0 with the nautilus 47 and bloblobber, but not their alts, or the alts of the ballpoint or the explosher. However, the dark tetra dualies have been changed. Here's everything that's been changed or added:
Bloblobber: Splash Wall and Ink Storm
Nautilus 47: Point Sensor and Baller
Light Tetra Dualies: Sprinkler and Autobomb Launcher (used to be Splat Bomb Launcher)
The Custom Hydra Splatling has not been changed from Ink Mine and Ink Armor

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom