Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cephalobro

Well, I guess Flounder Heights will have to wait until the next game to be added (and it will be a really long time), oh well, at least now I can start 100% the game. And no, I will not try to go for Rank X, since it's temporary (from what I heard). I'm perfectly happy with my S+ rank in all four modes.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Rank X is permanent until you flunk out of it: https://oatmealdome.me/blog/an-in-depth-look-at-the-splatoon-2-ranking-system

I just noticed, no mention of a balance patch despite the update coming out today. Odd.

Edit: And something else I just noticed: Not only does Splatfest ranking change (There's a shot with Squid Defender: 130/500), but the winner of the event will be determined by popularity and clout. And clout is cumulative. So there's an incentive to just grind and grind and grind. Moreover, mirror matches are actually good for you, since your teal will get double clout. This looks incredibly stupid. No longer is it optimal to just play for the ~3 hours it takes to reach royalty, now the optimal strategy is to play until your hands fall off.

Edit 2: The patch notes are out. You get no clout for mirror matches. Other comments below....

Last edited:

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"We just heard that as a special offer, Nintendo Account holders with 12-month Nintendo Switch Online memberships (individual or family) will receive a download code for exclusive in-game gear for the Splatoon 2 game. Fun fact: the in-game jersey is based on the uniform worn by Team Japan, who won the Splatoon 2 World Championship..."

*CRIES*
Talk about luring to buy 1 year when I was planning to buy 3 months because of school.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Don't know why the trailer was so vague, but glad we're finally getting the update. Doesn't sound as robust as hoped though, really wanted new Salmon Run stuff, but ahwells!

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So I noticed a few other brand logos at the end of that trailer, including Rockenberg, suggesting that there’lol be other brand tie-ins with weapons. Can I call it now that we’ll see the Rockin’ Roller at some point in the near future?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Patch notes are out.

Things that were not in the Direct or Tumblr:

• After you max out a Splatfest tee, you get chunks for continuing to earn points on it.
  • You get bonus Clout, but not bonus Power, for 10x and 100x matches.
  • You earn no Clout for matches against your own team.
  • There were map changes to Starfish Mainstage, Snapper Canal, and Piranha Pit.
  • There were balance tweaks, which I'll let someone else copy.
  • Lots of bug fixes.
  • Salmon Run tweaks galore--mostly bug fixes, but Grillers drop 5 eggs now, you now get penalized less when there's a d/c or a freeloader, and you can voluntarily reset to Profresh 40 if you want.
  • You get an audible timer warning when you're taking too much time re-choosing gear between matches.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yes Nintendo nerfed the Bloblobber correctly thank goodness! Ink Mine buff is also very much appreciated! That Slosher nerf though, while it wont affect the weapon much at all, I'm just surprised Nintendo still feels the need to nerf it.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I was almost underwhelmed, but I came away from the direct just whelmed. I think I'm just still mired in disappointment about there being no data saving for Splatoon 2. Yet I'm picking up the family plan to help out family and friends—hopefully this feature will work as expected.

Here's hopin' this "meh" service improves quickly.

On a sunnier side, did anyone else pause the post-match Splat Zones stats of the Mario crew playing Splatoon?
beastpeach.jpg

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Of course they'd give the Splat Roller + Splat Bomb the ****ing Bubble Blower.

The update is a lot smaller than I had hoped, and with a lot of random changes nobody asked for, but eh. Ink Mine buff is cool, but the Sprinkler is still not fixed.

EDIT: Okay I'm seeing the Flipper Floppers in SR. Update's good now.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I think that the new stage will be called 'Mudskipper temple' because if you look at the front of the stage, you will see Mudskipper Komainus which have blue dots. Which I believe is reminiscent of a species (Boleophthalmus pectinirostris) native to (surprise, surprise) Japan.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I was almost underwhelmed, but I came away from the direct just whelmed. I think I'm just still mired in disappointment about there being no data saving for Splatoon 2. Yet I'm picking up the family plan to help out family and friends—hopefully this feature will work as expected.

Here's hopin' this "meh" service improves quickly.

On a sunnier side, did anyone else pause the post-match Splat Zones stats of the Mario crew playing Splatoon?
DAAAAAAANG Peach is one good charger main!

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
So I haven’t fired up the game since the server update last night, is the Kensa collection available? If so are they alt kits or just reskins?

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
So I haven’t fired up the game since the server update last night, is the Kensa collection available? If so are they alt kits or just reskins?
In my time zone (EDT) they came out at ten p.m. and were alt kits. So I think you can fire er' up and get the Kensa collection.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
In my time zone (EDT) they came out at ten p.m. and were alt kits. So I think you can fire er' up and get the Kensa collection.
Thanks! What are the kits? I’m at work and can’t find the info anywhere online.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Really wish they gave us loadouts with that new soda can-looking bomb to toy around with, or some details how it works. As much as I also want to know about the ban hammer and Frieza death ball, I'm more excited about the new bomb!

And as usual the rotation in my clothing store were still selling everything I already had! ._.

Kensa Splattershot is like an OG Tentatek + Wasabi mash-up while the Kensa chargers remind me of my darling Kelp chargers. But I'm not sure how a long range charger and baller combo is supposed to work. I guess you probably use it to armor through a super trying to counter you? Like if someone wants to missile or hose your position you can tell them to screw off because you're staying put. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom