1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by SquidKid85, Jan 14, 2017.

?

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

Poll closed May 14, 2017.
  1. New Weapons

8 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. New Stages

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. New Specials

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. New Character Customization Options

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. New Modes

9 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. EVERYTHING!!!

55 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Slurmp

Slurmp Pro Squid

NNID:
    HedgehogOverlord
    Spectator mode and gear being separated from abilities are confirmed.

DDatomica94 likes this.
  2. SquidKid85

SquidKid85 Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ROBnWatch
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2518-9259-3787
    Then I should add Spectator Mode (though I thought it was just video, not confirmed by Nintendo). Though, last time we had leaked video footage (with Smash 4) it turned out to be correct...

This.

This must happen, or something to deal with the 4 hour wait. And I'd love to be able to switch load outs between matches.

3. Green Waffles

Green Waffles Inkling Fleet Admiral

I'm still surprised they didn't bump up the maps per rotation from 4 to 6 (3 maps per turf and ranked)
    We have enough maps to do that, imo.

On the subject of gloves though, whether or not they are shirt locked...
    [​IMG]

SquidKid85 likes this.
  4. Slurmp

Slurmp Pro Squid

NNID:
    HedgehogOverlord
    I actually would prefer three stages in the rotation to a voting system. If there was voting it would have a similar problem to mario kart were less popular stages are almost never picked. (Like moray towers and blackbelly skatepark)

97Stephen likes this.
  5. SquidKid85

NNID:
    ROBnWatch
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2518-9259-3787
    I think what he (D3RK) was suggesting was that every few hours there are 3 stages to vote on, not the entire stage list. But your point would still factor into that, assuming the "less popular" stages are in the current voting rotation.

Either way, we just need something to deal with the 4 hour rotation. Maybe down it to 2 hours, or do some sort of voting system, or something else. Basically, as long as I don't have to wait 4 hours to play on a stage that I enjoy above the others (cause I just hate it when I have to play Bluefin Depot). I used to dislike quite a few, but not Bluefin's the only one that always makes me groan when it's in the rotation. Most others I can live with.

Again, I really don't have much of a bone to pick with Moray Towers. I get people complaining about Chargers, but you just gotta do some quick maneuvering or stay out of sight. Or maybe I'm somehow just lucky enough to not have much of a problem dealing with them, I dunno. Cause once you get to them, there's not much they can do if they don't already have a shot charged.

By the way, since we're talking stages, I'll just say my two personal favorites (I don't care if they're popular or not). Those would be Flounder Heights and Mahi-Mahi Resort, which I like about equally for both. I'd love for them to return with some new stuff added in maybe.

#45 SquidKid85, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  6. Joasa

Joasa Depressed Squid

I really liked the new map they showed in the demo (The Reef) due to the large, open area. I hate always being pressured by long-range shooters and chargers due to all the narrow pathways in current maps (Port Mackerel and Bluefin Depot, I'm looking at you) I hope they upgrade current stages so that players who lack range have a way to make comebacks and can fight instead of having to hide until enemies move to an area they can kill them without exposing themselves (I'm a roller/brush main if that clears anything up, I'm sorry that I'm terrible at explaining things)

Also I noticed that Inkopolis Square draws heavy influence from Times Square in New York City, including all the giant TV screens and illuminated ads on buildings, particularly the large main building which seems to be directly based on One Times Square.

7. SquidKid85

NNID:
    ROBnWatch
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2518-9259-3787
    Well, Inkopolis Plaza was based on Tokyo and the surrounding areas, so for them to parody New York City too isn't really all that impractical (I know you weren't saying it was). Kinda funny actually.

Wonder if they'll parody another major city if a Splatoon 3 were ever to happen, but that's not really on topic right now, nor should it really be up for discussion at the moment.

Inkoming news!

We now have an official name for the new stage with the rock climbing wall that was shown in the trailer! It's called:

Barnacle Sports Club!

(Confirmed by the Japanese Splatoon Twitter)

#47 SquidKid85, Jan 27, 2017
    Lasted edited by : Jul 6, 2017
    Green Waffles likes this.
  8. Green Waffles

Barnacles never struck me as the athletic types...
    ;P

9. Inyo

Inyo Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    SurfGreenGibby
    They got a heck of a lot of grip strength on em, though. It's nearly impossible to get them off of anything they've attached to...if they could move, they could lift, bro (in the parlance of weightlifting types)

Anyways, the new map looks cool. I like how the slope of the middle area will funnel bombs down towards the sides. Probably not gonna be a great place to be during that new Bomb Rush-esque special

Slurmp and Green Waffles like this.
  10. SquidKid85

NNID:
    ROBnWatch
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2518-9259-3787
    Bomb Rush is going to be feared greatly on that map if used in the center.

Still don't exactly know why they didn't use the name GameXplain suggested (cause I'm too lazy to make up my own name), which was "Mussel Gym" for those of you who didn't watch the video, but I guess Barnacles is close enough? Ah well, the developers probably have names settled from the start, and they will do what they may.

And we will all be running from Bomb Rush on Barnacles Sports Club.

11. Lonely_Dolphin

Lonely_Dolphin Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Maybe not while you have the Inkjet charged! If even the bomb's non-instant kill damage is unable able to reach you while you're flying, then you can freely fly up and take out the bomb rusher. Course I am assuming that the way the new Bomb Rush works now is that while activated you can't use your main or sub weapon nor can you move much if at all.

SquidKid85 and Green Waffles like this.
  12. swamphox

swamphox Pro Squid

NNID:
    DawGnar
    I was just thinkng of something fun with dualies...what if they had something like a couple of mini splatlings rolling as dualies.....personally Id love it. Ink consumption would be insane tho.

Slurmp likes this.
  13. SquidKid85

NNID:
    ROBnWatch
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2518-9259-3787
    I personally don't see it happening. I don't think I'd be opposed to it, more so as skeptical of it. It just doesn't make much sense to me why/how you'd be able to lug around dual Splatlings. I wouldn't say it's completely out of the realm of possibility, but there's a very, VERY slim chance of it happening. But you are right, ink consumption would need to be pretty large to make it balanced, especially considering how the Dualies class of weapons comes with the Dodge Roll ability.

14. Ulk

Ulk Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Die-Ulk-Nudel
    The character customization options by absolute far. Not even that excited for anything else tbh.

15. CodyMKW

CodyMKW Pro Squid

NNID:
    CodyMKW
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2549-4631-6600
    excited for the single player and the new arcade games

16. SquidKid85

NNID:
    ROBnWatch
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2518-9259-3787
    Speaking of the Single Player, I'm sure you might know this by now, but to re-confirm, the events in it will take place 2 years after the events in Splatoon's Single Player. Two years have passed in real life, and two years have passed in the Splatooniverse. Just an FYI, in case anyone missed it.

17. Jhonnybird

Jhonnybird Full Squid

NNID:
    Jhonnybird2004
    Do you know what needs to be adjusted? Octolings only using octoshots.

The unknown map people have seen is called barnical sports club or something like that. Search it up on google.

#57 Jhonnybird, Jan 30, 2017
    Lasted edited by : Jul 6, 2017
  18. SquidKid85

NNID:
    ROBnWatch
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2518-9259-3787
    Ya, we've got that one already. There's one more though, the map that takes place at a Concert Stage, which has no official name yet.

19. Green Waffles

I'm checkinig the splaton jp twiter daily, waiting...in vain for news about paid online <_>

But hey! I'm always on the up and up about splatoon 2 details!

20. SquidKid85

NNID:
    ROBnWatch
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2518-9259-3787
    I don't have a Twitter, so I can't check there. I just constantly check via web search if there's any new things announced at least once a day. If there's ever something major announced on there and I don't add it, let me know so I can!

Oh ya, by the way, check the OP for something new that I found, and it has been confirmed by Nintendo!

#60 SquidKid85, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Slurmp likes this.