Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Any new information at this point will be greattt. I'm too hyped, I just need SOMETHING ANYTHING TO HOLD ME OVER.(΄◉◞౪◟◉`)
I feel you. After E3 I felt like I wanted to play the game now... I'll have to wait a bit for my controller to get here but I'm so ready for you Splatoon2.... It's one of the only game I want to play this year.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Along with learning most everything about the game, I'm hoping for another global testfire! Most Switch owners now including myself didn't get to play the first one afterall!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I hope they announce sound options
Seriously, as great as the soundtrack and sound design was, why wasn't this a thing in splatoon 1?
I play my music most of the time and have to crank the game music down just enough to where the SFX's are barely heard...while it works somewhat and all...I'm BEGGING for this option.

I just want to intensify the matches with Eurobeat music...!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I hope they announce sound options
Seriously, as great as the soundtrack and sound design was, why wasn't this a thing in splatoon 1?
This has always been a big one for me, even in the first game.

And with the existence of the Hori headset + mixer, I'm really hoping there will be BGM & SFX options—because chatting, listening to someone/thing else, in-game BGM, and in-game SFX all at once is an orchestra of cacophonous nonsense!!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm guessing they want to avoid making people decide between having the awesome bgm or having a competitive edge by better hearing the sound effects.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'm guessing they want to avoid making people decide between having the awesome bgm or having a competitive edge by better hearing the sound effects.
True, but an options an option. If everyone has access to it, whats the upper hand? Everyone can tweak down the games music to hear the SFX better. And there- everyone has fair play.

Plus...it would be neat for tourneys that may want to host their OWN music during competitive matches. Can you imagine how neat would that be? It would make tourneys stand out from each other just a bit more in a entertaining way.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Ooh I have never thought about that that makes me really want it now. I does remind me smash tourneys in that sense. I really hope this is their melee.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Hear hear. It'd be nice to be able to mute the music, so I can focus on sound cues and my squadmates.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Didn't get notifications on ANY of this, AND I won't be able to watch the Direct. So, here's what's gonna happen...

Absolutely nothing. Everyone sounds pretty hype about this so I'm not going to limit you. You guys can talk about as much as you want, but the lists won't be updated till after I'm able to see the Direct. If someone posts the Direct on the thread I MIGHT be able to see it sooner than I otherwise would, but no promises.

If I'm unable to watch the direct, I guess you guys won't be hearing from me for a while cause I don't want spoilers but again, feel free to talk about anything and everything mentioned in the Direct. Hopefully I'll be able to join the conversation soon after.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
If I'm unable to watch the direct, I guess you guys won't be hearing from me for a while cause I don't want spoilers but again, feel free to talk about anything and everything mentioned in the Direct. Hopefully I'll be able to join the conversation soon after.
I'm pretty sure the most of us will keep up with things here, Take all the time you need.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Didn't get notifications on ANY of this, AND I won't be able to watch the Direct. So, here's what's gonna happen...

Absolutely nothing. Everyone sounds pretty hype about this so I'm not going to limit you. You guys can talk about as much as you want, but the lists won't be updated till after I'm able to see the Direct. If someone posts the Direct on the thread I MIGHT be able to see it sooner than I otherwise would, but no promises.

You've done your duty pretty well at this point anyway, you can take a break :)

In other news, apparently the file size for Splatoon 2 has popped up on the UK Nintendo Eshop, the game will be 3.1 gigs. Yay Nintendo and their unbloated software!

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Something I noticed:

We don't know very much about the shops. I mean, we know from the Squid Sister Stories that Crusty Sean quit Shrimp Kicks and Annie isn't working at Cooler Heads (and at the time of chapter 4—over 6 months after the last splatfest ?—was helping to decorate weapons) anymore. And we know that Sheldon's still around with the second Ammo Knights at Inkopolis Square. But will he actually be at that location or will Annie take his place? Or will Annie offer a different service relating to customizing your weapon?
Jelonzo wasn't mentioned in the chapter. Will he still be there?

Perhaps the direct will shed some light on it.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Sean owns a food truck...
food buffs?
I don't remember there being A restaurant in the first game at all.. at least one we could enter or see.

Weapon customization would be cool I won't hold my breath, I would love Dyeing options, or plain T-Shirts you could decorate (like Animal crossing) never going to happen though. But we can dream.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Hey all, I got some good news today! I'll be able to watch the Direct tomorrow, but not live. So if one of you could post it after it's over AND tag me in it, I'll go through it and update the lists. You're all still free to speculate though before I update the lists. Now...

I doubt they would ditch Jelonzo, but I don't know what he will be doing this time around. Weapon customization would be fun, but I probably won't use the feature much. But it will definitely click for a good number of people, so more power to them.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Aww, poor fourth squid wondering where everyone is while they tri-squad without her.

Good to know that the sounds of distress and defeat cross language barriers... I think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom