Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Respawn Punisher's gonna be a mystery in regards to the specifics and hard stats for the next 13 days. As for the tinted shades, if changing mains is indeed a thing you'll be able to use them with whatever you like.
Oh yeah the thing with Annie, gods I hope so! Alhough specific clothing type abilitys would probably remain exclusive, this would really let us style ourselves how we want while still having the abilitys we want, that's the dream right there!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Nintendo really got me replaying this demo and it's not even the real thing yet. I am thirsty.
But atleast you don't have to see notifications of your friends playing the final game. :L

Question, for triple sploogoopery you need 3 seperate my nintendo accounts, yes?
Yeah one for each region (Americas/Europe/Japan). That's just to access each region's eShop, you can play any version of the demo with any of the accounts.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Hi! I'm not really a new user in this forum... just one who hided inside his own ink for a very long time!

I got back in here to join the Splatoon 2 Discussion! I do want to say some stuff too.

Well, I have noticed that Annie might give you the possibility to swap mains for a certain gear! Hope that's the case, so I can freely design the Inkling character as a Retro Fanatic who wants to follow the Old-School Legacy and find new friends who follow the Legacy as much as him!

... there is a little problem with that: weapons cannot be modified too! I'm an All-Round player, so weapons like the Regular Splattershot would be the best for me! Too bad that the N-ZAP isn't really All-Round... thus I wouldn't be as good as I'm with the Splattershot!

Yeah, you can't change the weapons' stats around... I guess not even a bit! That sucks... unless they managed to release a Super Scope-type of Weapon which happens to be very Balanced too!

Couldn't the new SplatBrella Class have something like that? The original Super Scope is like a Bazooka...

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Question, for triple sploogoopery you need 3 seperate my nintendo accounts, yes?
Actually! I just made one extra account, downloaded the japanese demo, changed my dummy account to uk and then downloaded the uk demo.

But atleast you don't have to see notifications of your friends playing the final game. :L

Yeah one for each region (Americas/Europe/Japan). That's just to access each region's eShop, you can play any version of the demo with any of the accounts.
ugh!!! so close

Last edited:

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
For the Squiddos who use regional demos: The game adjusts the displayed time for the splatfest ingame.

I opened the US and JP demos on my EU account and it converted the time correctly.
For example: The Direct sayed US splatfest is 3-7pm (pt/pdt/pst) on 15th. According to https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ it ends 4am on 16th for my timezone. And the ingame time says the same.

Which means for Berlin:
JP: 15th, 10:00 - 14:00
EU: 15th, 18:00 - 22:00
US: 16th, 00:00 - 04:00

Sweet, time to battle again for Team Pop! Which makes me a Pearl-Cake and a Pop-Marina and I can have both ink colours! :)

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
On second thought, I don't think it's necessary to change weapon stats around... just one of the N-ZAPs must have at least a different set (Sub and Special) than the other Shooters! Just in between Shooters, not the other classes... and if there are Shooters which own the same set, the related N-Zap must be as close as possible to the middle with all three stats!

I would build the character around the Retro theme, while still making him completely All-Round... that would be good enough!

It's very elaborate, I know... but at least I would get down not only the play style, but also the fact I'm also a Retro gamer!

Speaking of that, does Splatoon 2 tackle the Retro genre much more than the original?

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Do you know Retro gaming? Splatoon 1 did had some notable references to Old-School Nintendo franchaises... you know too some notable examples!

Does Splatoon 2 follow this same trend as the original did?

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Well, they did go deeper than Easter Eggs...

The N-Zap is not hidden at all! It's part of the Shooter family, in fact!

Splatoon 1 lets you play several minigames in 8-bit style... for the Salmon Run, they even used old VHS footage for their trailer (althought its use is rather questionable, since they didn't really represent an old-style commercial with that).

I wonder if they will ever release a Super-Scope type of weapon or more Gear based on Old-School gaming.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Actually! I just made one extra account, downloaded the japanese demo, changed my dummy account to uk and then downloaded the uk demo.

ugh!!! so close
Oh didn't know you could do that, but atleast I can access each eShop without having to change settings from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom