• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
My guess next month or the end of this month we will see a Splatoon 2 direct and they will launch the mobile app that they said the competitors were using it.
And they will probably talk about new Abilities and things for the game. Maybe the way online will work. Since they said it all online I would Also like to see how the Spectator mode will work.

Because Damn that was awesome.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Exciting news fellow squid researchers! Whilst analysing the strange behaviours of the squids on the stage believed to be Starfish Mainstage, I've come across another new discovery in this fascinating new world! Take a closer look at this image:

upload_2017-6-14_19-44-11.png

Now if I'm not mistaken this appears to be the very same sponge blocks we've observed in the realm of the Octolings in Splatoon's Single Player. Just think of the exciting new possibilities of the squids tactics with this technology being employed by the Inklings! Squid Research Lab out! Stay Fresh!

:P

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Ohohoho!

Good eye. Hopefully there'll be other maps with sponges too!

Just think of the exciting new possibilities of the squids tactics with this technology being employed by the Inklings!
The squid party possibilities are boundless!

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Hmmmm maybe there's another point in the game where we could find the same block at a different height or perspective? If someone could find that we would have a surefire answer.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Salmon run stream...
EDIT: Huh, my link doesn;t show up on my screen
Well it's over, maybe more later??? That 80% difficulty looked tough. I think the tree house gang had trouble because they lacked long range.

Last edited:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I guess it makes sense that Salmon Run is scheduled like everything else, but at the same time, ehhhhh.
I hope its frequent enough...I wanted this to be my go-to for when ranked and turf wars start to feel stale during a rotation.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Looks like you can only use specials a limited number of times.

Also, around 13:40ish you see a bomb rush. Can't tell what the bomb throwing device looks like though.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Can you do online private battles at least?

Also 1080p was confirmed!!

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Wait they said Salmon run goes to 200% after you beat a difficulty it goes up by 5%...
The fog of war I'm going to have a ton of fun with that. But not at 200%

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Can you do online private battles at least?
I doesn't sound like it, at least not at launch.
They may patch it in later on after enough people ask for online squad salmon run(so basically, friend only online salmon run).

Or are you referring to PBs the way we have them in Splatoon 1, with turf wars and the ranked modes avvailable? If so, then yes, we still have PBs(now with spectators!)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So I can't just play it anytime? Lame! Atleast all my worries about the mode itself have been cleared up. Plenty of enemy variety, plenty of challenge, and there'll be more than one map! I hope if they have another testfire it'll be of Salmon Run!

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Taking into account that salmon run was stated as not online accessible at all times it wouldn't make sense to be rotating in ranked, and I can't imagine they would make it rotate with turf war. I fail to see why they would possibly limit it to certain times without something for it to rotate with, unless...
oh
Oh no
Oh noooooooo
I hope it's not a replacement of splatfests

Actually considering there's a place specifically for it in the plaza, maybe it's available only when a splatfest is not happening? Either way, I only know one person with a switch so local isn't happening anytime soon for me.

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Actually considering there's a place specifically for it in the plaza, maybe it's available only when a splatfest is not happening?
I figured this much, at the very least. Splatfest would likely take the main spotlight of things when its running.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This mode is too elaborate to only be available sporadically. It'd be hard to practice it then! Also there's a good number of people buying the game JUST for Salmon Run, and Nintendo has to know this. Let's assume that it'll be available roughly as often as any other mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom