• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
Taking into account that salmon run was stated as not online accessible at all times it wouldn't make sense to be rotating in ranked, and I can't imagine they would make it rotate with turf war. I fail to see why they would possibly limit it to certain times without something for it to rotate with, unless...
oh
Oh no
Oh noooooooo
I hope it's not a replacement of splatfests

Actually considering there's a place specifically for it in the plaza, maybe it's available only when a splatfest is not happening? Either way, I only know one person with a switch so local isn't happening anytime soon for me.
Apparently local can do 2 player.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So a few things, I noticed in the salmon run demo
-Salmon run variants of weapons, with different sub/ specials unlike the hero variant
- First in game look at the neweapons bomb rush special
- Jet squelcher is keeping original style unlike the other core weapons,
-splattershot Jr. confirmed (though wonder how it will play w/o invincibility)

Last edited:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
They only bothered to tweak the looks of the three classic weapons; Splat Roller, Splattershot and Splat charger

All the other returning mains that they've shown are the same, aesthetically.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Now for further confusion:

Private Battles
Start up a private battle and choose your mode. Set your teams up and splat-a-tat-tat!

Want to set up an online Private battle? You can do that, too. Just stop by Deca Tower.
This is from the official Nintendo site under "Game Modes." I'm guessing this screenshot itself is for any of the local stuff. Local play and minigames, I'm guessing since it's called "The Shoal" and it's set in an arcade.

If no one else already hasn't, maybe someone should contact/lookup some of the competitors from the invitational and ask them some questions. Granted if they're not under a NDA.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
If no one else already hasn't, maybe someone should contact/lookup some of the competitors from the invitational and ask them some questions. Granted if they're not under a NDA.
They probably signed themselves away on that before they got the tickets. Either way, Nintendo probably didn't show them that much either. Also, they're all still at E3 enjoying the festivities, so we should probably wait until they all get back before badgering them with questions.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@Magic8Ball, that's a given on both counts.

@ZEROrevive, I'm guessing the pages means there's more than one station in the Shoal zone while "0/8" could be the number of available rooms or players nearby or players in a room you're hosting?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
@ZEROrevive, I'm guessing the pages means there's more than one station in the Shoal zone while "0/8" could be the number of available rooms or players nearby or players in a room you're hosting?
Aaah that's true, seem's a bit alike to how Monster Hunter handles it's rooms online. Makes sense.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I don't think they are really ready to talk about Splatoon 2 online yet. I'm going to wait and see about Salmon run. If we have to do online private matches for Salmon run when we want so be it. I'm sure it won't be that hard to find three Squids here to play with.

Anyone else think that maybe he ment limited time rewards rather than limited time event?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So

they apparently streamed some single player this morning...

I'm not going to watch it (I'll just let it eat away at my sanity until July 21st)
because SPOILERS NINTNDO!!!
GEEZE!

Someone who isn't afraid of a bit of single player reveal can watch it and surgically remove any non-spoiler details about the hero weapons,
we will love you for it.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Salmon Run hyped redeemed???? If we can do private online matches I'm more than happy. If not Nintendo lame.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Salmon Run hyped redeemed???? If we can do private online matches I'm more than happy. If not Nintendo lame.
You can but idk if it includes Salmon Run
So

they apparently streamed some single player this morning...

I'm not going to watch it (I'll just let it eat away at my sanity until July 21st)
because SPOILERS NINTNDO!!!
GEEZE!

Someone who isn't afraid of a bit of single player reveal can watch it and surgically remove any non-spoiler details about the hero weapons,
we will love you for it.
I watched it, but it didn't really seem spoilery for me. Except maybe the boss for one of the worlds, which has already been revealed

I mean
What do you consider spoilers?

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
"A comic book by Splatoon lovers' writers and a book 'Splatoon's Heko no Ika 4 coma & play cartoon' which included Mr. Kiyoh Takahashi's "Relaxing Squid 4 Frames" was released today! Let's look back on those hot days with this manga before the release of 2. Http://www.comic-clear.jp/comic.aspx?c=10"
This is really cute!
4-koma is pretty much the only way to go with this series so its a good move.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
(online?) Private Battle mode demonstration:
A few things I noticed:
  • They play every mode
  • You get a glimpse of clothes available and their abilities in the E3 build. Looks like maybe half of them are clothes from the first game
    • Some of the returning clothes (e.g. Cycle King Cap & Varsity Jersey) are given different abilities
  • Unless I'm mistaken, the post-match stats no longer show how many times you've been splatted
  • Was there any slowdown when carrying the Rainmaker?
  • If you thought Rainmaker's bursting bubble splash damage was bad, then there's the splash damage from it's ink grenade lobs
  • Around 14:00 you can see the Sting Ray's added ability to X-Ray vision enemies through objects
    • They show up as a white outline
  • Around 15:40 a sponge makes a prominent appearance
    • Seems like they don't change colors if the enemy ink touches them. They just shrink.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Sorry for the double post, but this seems unrelated to my previous:

Did some digging and the NintendoTreehouse has a Tumblr blog. There's this post regarding Salmon Run from a member of their marketing team. And here's an important note I'm quoting from him:
Online play, on the other hand, is event-based and can only be enjoyed during times when Grizzco Industries is open for business. In the original Splatoon, Splatfests changed up the online gameplay cycle with a special event every few weeks. Salmon Run will similarly change up the cycle in Splatoon 2, and with greater frequency than Splatfests. To be clear though, Salmon Run will be an additional way to play online; it won’t remove the 4v4 modes from the rotation. In online Salmon Run, you can choose to be matched with friends or to be matched with random players online. You can also voice chat with friends while playing via the Nintendo Switch Online smart-device app. In addition, the rewards you earn in online play will vary from those earned in local play (more on rewards to share soon!).
Well... uh...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rea~ally hoping we can still have Splatfests still!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom