Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
(online?) Private Battle mode demonstration:
  • Around 15:40 a sponge makes a prominent appearance
  • Seems like they don't change colors if the enemy ink touches them. They just shrink.
I think for this one the player didn't fully "reset" the sponge to it's smallest size. I think you have to shrink it to change it to yours.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
"Online play, on the other hand, is event-based and can only be enjoyed during times when Grizzco Industries is open for business. "

....Well crap. I hope its business hours arnt just limited to certian hours of the day or something...

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
"Online play, on the other hand, is event-based and can only be enjoyed during times when Grizzco Industries is open for business. "

....Well crap. I hope its business hours arnt just limited to certian hours of the day or something...
Salmon run fast lane to good gear confirmed.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Kinda disappointed thats all salmon run is...

I was hoping for ink dyes and temp abilities in a capsule.
You do realize we have no concrete information on that, right? It's more than a bit presumptuous to be casting judgement on the mode a full month before anyone gets to play it.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@G1ng3rGar1 Mainly I don't want any story, tricky level design revealed (which I'm pretty sure excludes all the beginning levels), and Boss fights. If alls there is, is a boss fight and the level is easy peas, then I might watch it until they start talking about/showing the boss.

Salmon run fast lane to good gear confirmed.
I hope so <3
The tumblr post that Ansible shared says the rewards for local play and the online events will be different,
so local maaaaaaybe gives gear, but probably maybe just gives bonus cash or something kinda meh =[

tollock

Inkster Jr.
So no Splatfests in Splatoon 2? I guess it makes sense since Callie is missing, but man, now I'll never be able to experience them myself. Those nighttime stages with the "glowy" ink looked really fun to play on.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
So no Splatfests in Splatoon 2? I guess it makes sense since Callie is missing, but man, now I'll never be able to experience them myself. Those nighttime stages with the "glowy" ink looked really fun to play on.
I'm pretty sure I recall the dev's mentioning about Splatfests still being a thing, though? Perhaps differently done, but there's no reason why it shouldn't exist even with the story plot. There are alternative ways to host a Splatfest I'm sure.

One way I imagined is if they did a battle of the bands sort of thing, with 2 bands hosting a theme to VS with. Should be other ways that can be done too...

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Actually come to think of it, who does announce the swap of maps every few hours? Not to mention the possible splatfest as everyone is saying. That was not technically revealed yet, I don't think.

Think after saving Callie, or something...They go back to resuming their old routines. (Possible Spoiler theorizing.)

Cyan

Inkling Commander
We are. We’d like to have everyone around the world be able to play together, but the Splatfests will be unique to each region, as they were previously. Just like the first game, we’d like to have people from around the world be able to fight each other.
Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/splat...ons-mobile-app-usage-graphics-hd-rumble-more/

This was in that Famitsu interview a few months back where they questioned the devs on the matter of the game having global matchmaking again. As you can see (and was mentioned months ago at the time), the regular matchmaking for Turf, Ranked and Salmon Run (when it's available) will proceed to run like Splatoon 1 did, Worldwide searching and nothing else. However, Splatfests will still be region locked where PAL copies play against each other, NTSC-U against NTSC-U and the same for NTSC-J. Splatfests will be back, it's just that we'll have replacements for the news. After all in the first Single Player trailer Agent 4 had never heard of the Squid Sisters, and as 2 years have passed between games the Squid Sisters most likely became forgotten with a new set of Inklings in a new location (Inkopolis Square), and have their own pop duo instead.

Regardless of what happens with the game when it comes to news announcements and how Splatfests will be announced it's clear to see Splatfests will be back, and will be regional once more. I hope all of us in Europe are ready to fight over which side of the bed we get out of is correct: Left Side or Right Side :P

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Well with the loss of our favorite news anchors, and their drastic fall from popularity. (Plus the fact they are for the moment sidelined to the single player campaign)
There won't be the long unstoppable news report, but it also mean that there is right now no duo, no side to choose, no one to compete with or against...
Again a while back is was confirmed splatters will return, but as I look at it now there will be some changes to how sides are choosen.
Also I am curious who, if anyone, will replace the beloved squid sisters for the news reports and splatfest.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
After all in the first Single Player trailer Agent 4 had never heard of the Squid Sisters, and as 2 years have passed between games the Squid Sisters most likely became forgotten with a new set of Inklings in a new location (Inkopolis Square), and have their own pop duo instead.
It's been confirmed that Agent 4 just lives under a rock :P my own headcanon is that she lives far from the city (but not Calimari County)
@G1ng3rGar1 Mainly I don't want any story, tricky level design revealed (which I'm pretty sure excludes all the beginning levels), and Boss fights. If alls there is, is a boss fight and the level is easy peas, then I might watch it until they start talking about/showing the boss.

I hope so <3
The tumblr post that Ansible shared says the rewards for local play and the online events will be different,
so local maaaaaaybe gives gear, but probably maybe just gives bonus cash or something kinda meh =[
They hopped around worlds doing levels so I think it might be better to just dissect features outside of the levels

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I highly doubt that Nintendo will stop splatfests I feel like we will see more sponsored ones this time especially if Nintendo starts having more eSports events.

But that is just a guess

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I highly doubt that Nintendo will stop splatfests I feel like we will see more sponsored ones this time especially if Nintendo starts having more eSports events.
Very good point, I was quite (pleasently) surprised when they announced the "Spongebob or Patrick" splatfest.
I bet more peeps want some of that free publicity.
Squidward vs Mr Krabs? eh?
who am I kidding, squidward would sweep in popularity

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
i say testfire 2 around the beginning of july.
Interesting thought maybe I feel like A big Direct first is super possible.. .
I'm pretty sure everyone here on the Squid boards is ready to have the game in our hands

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
i say testfire 2 around the beginning of july.
Kinda hoping for this since I missed the first one (no switch at the time). Would be a good final taste of the game before its finally released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom