Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm pretty sure everyone here on the Squid boards is ready to have the game in our hands
I could paste an appropriate SpongeBob clip regarding my feelings on needing it now... but...

Maybe some other time.

I want to doubt the likelihood of another testfire, but given the response to the invitational, showroom floor demos, and ARMS had its second testpunch a week before release... it's difficult to holding onto doubt. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Plus the game has been visually updated pretty significantly since the last testfire so it could paint a better picture of the game. And like you said most people missed the first one. I honestly believe it was released as padding for launch.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Plus the game has been visually updated pretty significantly since the last testfire so it could paint a better picture of the game. And like you said most people missed the first one. I honestly believe it was released as padding for launch.
No? The original reason, stress-testing their servers, continues to be why these testfires happen. And frankly, it was needed considering I was running over people with the splat roller in said testfire and bumping off them like I was a carbon :P LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
No? The original reason, stress-testing their servers, continues to be why these testfires happen. And frankly, it was needed considering I was running over people with the splat roller in said testfire and bumping off them like I was a carbon :p LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG
I didn't notice much if any lag... But I was playing with Wired internet.... I have all my footage up on my YouTube channel if you want to dissect the footage (Torloth the black mage). But that was also before I got the new laptop so 720P footage.... Sorry....

I feel like everyone had different experiences but we have also had a few Switch Software updates since.... Hoping for lag free online from Splatoon2.
If they have another test fire it's going to be soon. Or maybe they will do the Free weekend thing to try and get some more sales...

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
They've changed Main Damage Up for a Ink Saver (Sub).
Welp, that's going to throw me off if every other previous clothing gear in existence is also changed...I guess they really want us all to have a extreme make over?

...Or maybe they're just balancing out the old clothing gear to fit alongside the new. Just a guess.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
It's very likely that with the charge storing, sub defense up, and ink resistance being a multiple ability.
It is highly (like 89% chance) that damage up will be done away with along with defense up, and tbh I am very content with this.
No more worries about the consistency of your shots, fear of charging a shot just below the splat range, or a stray splattershot falloff shot splatting you.
Should be interesting to see how our old gear adapts with this change...

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
That was the tournament build of the game. It is entirely possible that nothing they showed on the gear was final. Until I get decent time with all the weapons, they all should be viable. I really just want to play around with everything and find my favorite builds. Until then.... Gabriel is my spirit animal :P

1488358030208.png

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Green Waffles but the squiffee will be getting charge storing which will likely make it more viable since it will be the quickest OHKO in game now, and since it lasts a limited amount of time being close range like a squiffer, or splat charger would likely take advantage of that
Though Idk if the Bambi will get charge keep due to how quick it reloads, so it will likely get a different buff to help it out.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Does that confirm Salmon Run is available at all times then or ? How confusing. I think what they meant by timed events was that salmon run will have events for special rewards.
I would really like this cleared up also

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
A solid answer on Salmon Run's schedule will do us all some good. As it is, I think level 4 is a really low requirement. That's what, 5 or so matches of turf war on the first game? Unless that's changed people will get into Salmon Run quickly. I just hope there's additional unlock requirements or we're going to see idiots tackle 100% difficulty ASAP and complain when they get crushed.

I also hope amiibos don't give clothes, or at least not the ability-linked clothes the Splatoon amiibo did. Skins would be fine. The amiibo previously caused an uproar and some people still grumble about paying money for gear, so that could be awkward.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I just hope there's additional unlock requirements or we're going to see idiots tackle 100% difficulty ASAP and complain when they get crushed.
A part of me says, "let them," but then again there's only so much self-inflicted causation whining I can enjoy until it goes from amusing to annoying to pathetic.

And agreed, if they do allow for non-Splatoon amiibo it should be skins rather than gear. Heck, the loadout screen has an "Other" option for pants, shorts, and skirt selection--they could treat outside amiibo likewise.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
A solid answer on Salmon Run's schedule will do us all some good. As it is, I think level 4 is a really low requirement. That's what, 5 or so matches of turf war on the first game? Unless that's changed people will get into Salmon Run quickly. I just hope there's additional unlock requirements or we're going to see idiots tackle 100% difficulty ASAP and complain when they get crushed.

I also hope amiibos don't give clothes, or at least not the ability-linked clothes the Splatoon amiibo did. Skins would be fine. The amiibo previously caused an uproar and some people still grumble about paying money for gear, so that could be awkward.
Buying new amiibos to unlock stuff is one thing.

But having all older amiibo that previously only did one thing suddenly gain more universal uses? Thats a step forward. Because then they'd be worth the ridiculous price tag.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Buying new amiibos to unlock stuff is one thing.

But having all older amiibo that previously only did one thing suddenly gain more universal uses? Thats a step forward. Because then they'd be worth the ridiculous price tag.
... Really? Read this chart. I'll not argue their price or value but saying they only do one thing is ridiculously misinformed.
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom