Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tollock

Inkster Jr.
Yeah, Marina's design looks great.

I missed about half of the Direct, but I liked all of the stuff I did see. The new weapon types were especially surprising - I tought that they'd already used up all creative space in that department, but it seems like they still had some ideas left. That's just great.

Man, I wanted to wait with getting a Switch until there was a bundle, but every time there's new info on Splatoon 2 I am sooo tempted to just buy one right now...

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Also a few other honourable mentions quite possible octolings are playable, and they have a very different design from inkling (no eyemask),
Also again there is a lot of weapon hidden within the weapon means cutscene if someone could screen capture them so we could see what there that would be great

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Pearl and Marina seem to have way better chemistry than the Inkling girls, is nobody talking about the fact that Marina is a freakin' Octoling?? Really hoping they're playable to some extent this time around.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Real life calls for me, But I suggest someone start taking screencaps of hidden things and details they spot, like @Saber said. Theres alot of meat here in this entire video...!

I'll check back when I have the chance. Keep fresh.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'm thinking about it but would it be worth making one this early?
Well it would be akin to my thread of the Squid Sisters Stories I made a while back, and that alone had alot of discussion regarding story mode. I don't see why not...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm thinking about it but would it be worth making one this early?
I think it's a little early, but it'll get used no matter when it's made, so do whatever works for you good sir.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Marina is just, just
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
now if you'd excuse me, i have an art website to browse for the rest of the day.

But seriously though, that direct. Those weapons, those abilities, that ship map, That umbrella shotgun. AN ACTUAL SHOTGUN. I always thought i had to use the slosher or roller to get a shotgun feel, but now we have an actual shotgun, WITH A SHIELD. quick respawn/stealth jump is dead. all hail the splatoon gods. (and now for the next broken combo to complain about :p)

also, i NEED THIS JACKET.
Jacket.PNG

woo. i need time to take this all in. give me a sec.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Splatoon team: Oh~ look~ a named octoling that's part of the Inkopolis cast AND a music idol! Hmm... her model suggests playable octolings? You want them? Will we have them? You want to know? Will we tell? Gotta catch us first!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That new blaster looks hilarious. Luna range, Rapid size and damage most likely, and an absurd fire rate? I don't care that I suck with blasters, that sounds FUN AS HELL!

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
That new blaster looks hilarious. Luna range, Rapid size and damage most likely, and an absurd fire rate? I don't care that I suck with blasters, that sounds FUN AS HELL!
And thermal Ink to track your Prey.

I'm going to have to give every weapon a fair shot. also hope that Best buy gets my game to me on time because HYPE LEVELS ARE INSANE

*Also Nintendo says The online app will be out july 21. I'm hopping we get a press update on the app and titles like Arms and Mario kart.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Excuse me if I call the new blaster the Crayola Blaster for the next few months, I couldn't get over the fact it looked like it was made of crayons xD.

I'm only halfway through the direct right now (watching on replay, work...), but I'm happy to see some new weapons, and really happy to see my Nzap will make an immediate return.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Looking at the ability list again, stealth jump is gone too! Guess I'll have to find new ways to be irritating ;)

Also, random speculation time, I noticed the shop listed how many points were needed to get the Splattershot's special. Makes me wonder if that's just more information, which is useful, or if different weapons will need different amounts for the same specials. Could be an interesting factor in balancing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom