• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
To be fair, the fact that the same complaints have existed for months and been valid for months, and Nintendo just announced a big patch that takes us into January 2018, and all the same complaints are STILL apparently going to be valid into January 2018 unless they announce something else (they could)......that's kind our point you're making for us ;)

The persistence of the same problems IS the problem. And what this patch revaled is that despite it containing cool stuff, it revealed that the next few months are locked into the slow continuation of it. The new mode should bring relief. But, of course, it'll only be playable 25% of the time....
Again, we don't know much about what the patch will give us. There could be a balancing patch in there aswell, seeing as it's been a while before the last one got released it'd be likely.

All of this is valid. But why on earth did we bring this old subject up again? I'm far more invested in discussing what this new patch is gonna bring rather than a bunch of stale comments about this game's flaws. I'd like to see Splatoon's matchmaking fixed (and maybe it will?!), but i really feel that's another subject for another time at the moment.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I'm far more invested in discussing what this new patch is gonna bring rather than a bunch of stale comments about this game's flaws.
We really don't have a clue what the new patch is going to bring though; I mean, we saw everything, but nothing was explained. I have absolutely no clue how that new game mode is going to work, although I'm glad it looks like it's not just another form of Tower Control like Rainmaker (being overly simple here). We saw how the Squeezer can fire while blocking, but we don't know how this works. I like how it's a 1:1 copy of the Kingsman Umbrella though, as if the Splat Brella wasn't close enough. :p I don't particularly care about posing with the Amiibo, but it's a neat little feature at least. I absolutely hate the new hairstyles though; the pigtail one is just flat out gross. Specific pants being tied to a gender is just a bs as ever, and I don't see Nintendo changing it at this point, unfortunately.

Woomyapple

Full Squid
NNID
Apple
Switch Friend Code
SW-2793-7212-9515
I'm excited about the new stage. I just hope it isn't too small, since I think there's a lot of small maps in Splatoon 2. I like Walleye Warehouse but I'm not a big fan of Arowana Mall. That's just me, though. There's also the new clothing coming out. Oh, and the new dualies! I'm hyped about that. Other than that and the Brella, I did not focus that much on any other new weapons. The football game mode looks really fun, though. Like rainmaker, but you could actually pass the rainmaker to other teammates, which would require some good team coordination.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Have yet to see enough of the new maps (and changes to the old ones) to have a decent opinion towards.

Like rainmaker, but you could actually pass the rainmaker to other teammates, which would require some good team coordination.
So I wasn't imagining that. Will just add to the lovable chaos of Clam Blitz solo queue. But there's sure to be some sweet n' salty clutch plays in the future with that mechanic. It's gonna be delicious!

Woomyapple

Full Squid
NNID
Apple
Switch Friend Code
SW-2793-7212-9515
Jazz and Samba inspired music with "a blend of academic music theory and modern sensibilities."
That sounds awesome.

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
Well now that we got that out of our systems

I think the most important thing out of all of this is we all have to start from C- minus in clam blitz, a mode that requires probably more coordination than rainmaker. (who knew that could happen?)

Get your ladders ready. :)

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Oh yeah, that's going to be a good time. We'll all be tossed in along with true C's and S+50's in a mode no one knows how to play and is not at all intuitive compared to the other modes (and may even involve a newly-mapped button). It'll be a circus.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Well, they are absolutely NOTHING like I thought they'd be. I'll give 'em a chance, but judging by the description, I probably won't be a fan.
Okay, I finally found my headphones and listened to them. They're alright, but man their songs kind of bored me. All the other Turf War just really get me moving, these ones barley even sound like Splatoon songs. You could probably put them in any game and I sure wouldn't notice the difference. I'm pretty disappointed in Ink Theory, especially with how awesome The Bottom Feeders were!

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Ink Theory just became my favorite Splatoon band in the span of 3 seconds

In all seriousness, I find this direction extremely refreshing. Same reason I liked Chirpy Chips in the first game, it's the kind of sound you wouldn't expect to hear otherwise.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
From the link @Leronne provided:
Ink Theory’s eclectic approach makes them quite popular with young Inklings and middle-aged Inklings alike.
First more "hair cuts" now further mention of older squids. More bio-lore for the lore god thread!

Oh yeah, that's going to be a good time. We'll all be tossed in along with true C's and S+50's in a mode no one knows how to play and is not at all intuitive compared to the other modes (and may even involve a newly-mapped button). It'll be a circus.
That's right! Unless your subs are somehow rendered useless, we might need a new button to for passing and throwing! Wonder if you can intercept throws too...

Well now that we got that out of our systems

I think the most important thing out of all of this is we all have to start from C- minus in clam blitz, a mode that requires probably more coordination than rainmaker. (who knew that could happen?)

Get your ladders ready. :)
And we're not the only ones going through this conversation or will go through it. So personally, I'm actually glad this quarrel is happening--because it needs to happen. And I don't mean that because it's the holidays. ¬¬;

But yes, Clam Blitz! *cackles* We'll not only have everyone from C- 100 to S+ 50 starting out unranked, but we're gonna be a stew of skill levels in the same pot! Splat1 veterans, Splat 2 novices, Splat 2 rookies, and outright noobs stewing together during the winter holidays as more players join and many of us have more time off to play.

So delicious, so good, such a magnificent holiday feast! *chef kiss* <3

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Hey there, my man. How about you just stop doing these kinds of posts, okay? It's mad disrespectful to just give people these nonsensical replies, it makes you look rude, and there was literally no reason for you to do so. And you keep doing this, you've done this multiple times. Legit, stop being so disrespectful.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Hey there, my man. How about you just stop doing these kinds of posts, okay? It's mad disrespectful to just give people these nonsensical replies, it makes you look rude, and there was literally no reason for you to do so. And you keep doing this, you've done this multiple times. Legit, stop being so disrespectful.
They're just stupid jokes, chill, I'm not trying to be serious.

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
I agree with them, and I'll go so far as to say the same applies to Bottom Feeders to a degree.

Splatoon 1's music all felt very same-y between bands to me. Wet Floor stuck to that same feel, but Bottom Feeders and Ink Theory are the game crawling out of it's shell music wise. NPR jazz might not be as hot fire as violin solos, but so far I still really like it. But then, I was the type to actively seek out NPR on my radio for classical music and jazz as a kid, LOL.

And I also have to agree with Danku that this kind of response to them wasn't really in the best taste. Squidding or not, it just leaves kind of a bad vibe.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
, but you beat me to it again, lol. Though sometimes quality of posts may even vary by veteran members, so who knows where the line is?

@Mr. Squiggly Squid, please note you can multi-quote people by selecting "quote" on as many posts as you like so you don't need to double-post all the time. ;)

Ooo, me likey. That's certainly one more genre I need on the battlefield to mix it up! I'd probably get annoyed by the trumpet if I listened to it outside of the game for too long (they seem rather obnoxiously loud in the preview) but the songs sound super fresh otherwise!

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Splatoon 1's music all felt very same-y between bands to me. Wet Floor stuck to that same feel, but Bottom Feeders and Ink Theory are the game crawling out of it's shell music wise. NPR jazz might not be as hot fire as violin solos, but so far I still really like it. But then, I was the type to actively seek out NPR on my radio for classical music and jazz as a kid, LOL.
Bottom Feeders is a change for the better if you ask me. I adore how they take the Celtic style of music and turn it into awesome punk rock songs. Ink Theory, like I said earlier, kinda bores me. No insane guitar riffs, no upbeat drum solos, and almost no lyrics. Then again, I remember hating Kraken up when I first played Splatoon 1 and now I love it. So I might like Ink Theory later, who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom