• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
Bottom Feeders is a change for the better if you ask me. I adore how they take the Celtic style of music and turn it into awesome punk rock songs. Ink Theory, like I said earlier, kinda bores me. No insane guitar riffs, no upbeat drum solos, and almost no lyrics. Then again, I remember hating Kraken up when I first played Splatoon 1 and now I love it. So I might like Ink Theory later, who knows?
I find the lack of lyrics a refreshing change of pace, actually. All the other bands have them and the shared kawaii-Innsmouth warbling is a massive contributor to everything feeling samey. Even Bottom Feeders feels like it takes a hit and starts losing it's identity when they kick in. Each instrument in Ink Theory kinda takes turns on it's own solos, it's just that the traditional Splatoon instruments take a backseat to the trumpet and piano. And funnily enough drum solos bore me the vast majority of the time, you really have to do something nontraditional with them to get my attention.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I think the most important thing out of all of this is we all have to start from C- minus in clam blitz, a mode that requires probably more coordination than rainmaker. (who knew that could happen?)

Get your ladders ready. :)
Oh please; this isn't Splatoon 1's ranked system. :rolleyes:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So hey guys, Danku found a thing:

Hydra coming on the 25th of November at 11o'clock Japan time, featuring Autobombs and Splashdown.

Thoughts? I'm legit curious on how this kit'll play out, geez. :D
LOL WUT

Another brand new weapon we ain't never seen before!!!!11!

Welp, there goes all those joke gifs I had planned out from now til January...

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
2.0, adding a new game mode, 4 new hair styles and pants, and 140 new pieces of gear: broke
2.0, adding the Hydra Splatling: W O K E

like, oh my god, that kit is so dang SPICY. Autobombs and Splashdown, what a godly kit...

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
I find the lack of lyrics a refreshing change of pace, actually. All the other bands have them and the shared kawaii-Innsmouth warbling is a massive contributor to everything feeling samey. Even Bottom Feeders feels like it takes a hit and starts losing it's identity when they kick in. Each instrument in Ink Theory kinda takes turns on it's own solos, it's just that the traditional Splatoon instruments take a backseat to the trumpet and piano. And funnily enough drum solos bore me the vast majority of the time, you really have to do something nontraditional with them to get my attention.
I listen to the soundtrack from Sploon 1 and 2 all the time, so I'm used to the hardcore squid noise lyrics and punk vibe. Ink Theory really caught me off guard, I just can't see myself having as much fun in a battle with their songs playing as opposed to any other band, but that's just my opinion.
Welp, forget all the other new stuff, we finally got the important thing :p YAY HYDRA!
Fresh new hairstyles and gear, cool new maps, and of course...HYDRA!!! What's not to love?

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
You think the Hewdraw Splatling's still got those sweet lawn mower noises?
Man, now that I think about it, those noises were the best. Oh no, now I'm irrationally worried it isn't gonna make those sounds! ;A;

Weird it's dropping on a Saturday though.
It's dropping on a Saturday in Japan time, I believe. It should still drop at the normal times everywhere else. I think. :oops:

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Man, now that I think about it, those noises were the best. Oh no, now I'm irrationally worried it isn't gonna make those sounds! ;A;

It's dropping on a Saturday in Japan time, I believe. It should still drop at the normal times everywhere else. I think. :oops:
That makes a lot more sense lol.
Who would have guessed, the Japanese twitter was probably talking about Japanese times. :oops:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
About time! Interestingly the datamine said Autobombs + Ink Armor, so this be the second time a kit was changed. Gives me some hope that they'll give the Slosher Deco something else instead of Sprinkler. The main question though is if the Hydra keeps the full charge damage buff which I also hope it does.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I think the most important thing out of all of this is we all have to start from C- minus in clam blitz, a mode that requires probably more coordination than rainmaker. (who knew that could happen?)
Is this actually confirmed? I assumed that they would base your new rank based on your current ranks. Would help avoid the exact situation that has been painted.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Is this actually confirmed? I assumed that they would base your new rank based on your current ranks. Would help avoid the exact situation that has been painted.
Rank skipping should also be put into consideration, so if someone's S+ in every mode they might start jumping ahead in Clam Blitz as well.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh yeah, that's going to be a good time. We'll all be tossed in along with true C's and S+50's in a mode no one knows how to play and is not at all intuitive compared to the other modes (and may even involve a newly-mapped button). It'll be a circus.
Oh, I'm looking forward to this. I'm really looking forward to it. Won't you guys come play with me?
I don't bite, I promise >=]

Ill bring my old friend with me, the hydra splatting, we'll have so much FUN TOGETHER!

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
*Comes into this thread and looks around*

*finds part where hydra is confirmed for sarurday*

*Procedes to freak out and woomy everywhere.*

WOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I thought I heard someone saying that the update comes out at 9 AM today, but the updates usually come out at 8 PM so I'm confused. Anyone got any evidence on the time release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom