Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
First off, judging the match by the time when a player goes idle, and not when they DC, Yes thank you, having a player go AFK and then dc seconds before the match ends really used to upset me

So finally they nerfed special charge of the splattershot, blasters and brellas..it is slight, but I am glad it got some nerf

Jet squelcher getting buffed bullet speed, probably to keep up with the hydra, but a buff to a long range weapon gives me some hope....BUT*

Tri- slosher looks like it will make a return, with increased movement and damage, but hopefully it don't be as bad as it once was

Tentabrella buff is good, so many time you are stuck holding it until your death in a valiant last stand, now you can toss it out to protect allies, push in, or use it to cover your escape

Toxic mist....actually useful?!?! So many times I have tossed it and had no ink to act afterwards, forcing me to sit back and just spam it for allies or simply not use it so I am relieved to see it buffed, now deal with that inkmine.....
All the while burst bomb spam has been reduced by a nerf to sub up, so another indirect nerf for the splattershot

Inkjet finally got a buff to make it hitbox slightly smaller and make the special slightly more viable which I am glad to hear (felt like a suicide special more than a danger)
Tentamissles now move faster depending on the number of targets (I think?) Definately going to see a rise in duelies and this special overall in meta

*Charger buff feels very lackluster, they have been best up by the close range meta for so long but hey improved turfing at least gives them a slightly better chance to escape a close range meta

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
Yay, Tentabrella buffs!
Also, I did not realize that Hero Shot charged slightly faster than Splattershot

What's even more weird is that the exact same issue was fixed on a duplicate set reskinned weapon. I don't know if thats correct on patch change but people are just going to use the Hero Shot as the regular splatter shot now as if nothing happened.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

What's even more weird is that the exact same issue was fixed on a duplicate set reskinned weapon. I don't know if thats correct on patch change but people are just going to use the Hero Shot as the regular splatter shot now as if nothing happened.
That's a misprint. Splattershot and Hero Shot both are listed at 200 in-game.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The rank thing (I am assuming they meant the level there) is cool, but it takes so long to level up after level 50, that I don't really see the point. It works in Overwatch because the experience required to level up while high, isn't absurdly high.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771

It's like all of my prayers were answered in a single patch! :scared:

Also, after testing the new Toxic Mist in the test range with 1 Ink Recovery Up Main, and 1 Sub Saver Main and 2 Sub Saver Subs (I'm working on the third chunk) you can "spam" the Toxic Mist sub pretty well.. it's a very welcome buff for all weapons with the Toxic Mist sub weapon.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
"25/60 of a second" You can say frames, Nintendo. Anyone who is going to bother to read patch notes is going to be familiar with the concept. :rolleyes:

The rank thing (I am assuming they meant the level there) is cool, but it takes so long to level up after level 50, that I don't really see the point.
Yeah, that's insane. I've wished for the ability to go past level 50 since Splatoon 1 (I've since used my money as a "progress" counter; almost at 8.5 million!) but I'm not even sure I'd be at level 99 if I spent the same amount of time (600 hours) in Splatoon 2. Considering Nintendo will be stopping Splatfests in 1.5 years from now and likely releasing a sequel a year after that, I find it very optimistic that anyone will reach level 99 for the second time.

It works in O*******h because the experience required to level up while high, isn't absurdly high.
I didn't think you could say the "O" word here. :scared:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I find the impossibly high raised level cap a very welcome change, as it means EXP tickets will always remain useful instead of becoming duds at lvl 50.

Besides, you already unlock everything once you reach lvl 30.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Very excited about the Jet Squelcher buff. Very excited about the Inkjet and Tri Slosher compensation buffs. A little excited for the Poison Mist cooldown buff. Absolutely not excited for its 30% duration nerf, which really isn't doing that sub a favor.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I'd say how I feel about the new patch, particularly the new music, but we've got so many people complaining about complainers that I'll keep it to myself :p
Out of all the stuff they recycled from Splatoon 1, they didn't include the music. :rolleyes: This game is supposed to take place two years after the original, but at least on human earth, many songs get played for more than two years. All the bands don't fall off the face of the earth in two years either.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The original Splatoon soundtrack was really good. I am particularly fond of "Sucker Punch". It would be nice if they could mix the first game's soundtrack with the Splatoon 2 music.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
I actually don't care about anything at all, besides the fact my :shoes_shi005::shoes_shi005: are back <3

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Well I hope you lot have had better RNG than myself for new gear today. 6 new pieces total for me, and only 1 was new to this game lol:

Also slightly minor gripe but was it really necessary to have ALL 3 shopkeepers say "You can now trade in SplatNet gear for our original versions"? They could have just set a flag in-game that stated once you were told by your first shopkeeper the others keep silent. Not a huge deal but mashing A through text is never fun is it? :P

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
I will say that the new music makes Now or Never stick out like a sore thumb.

I can't tell whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, though, because previously Now or Never blended in SO well I couldn't keep track of the match start and finish. This feels more like the radio abruptly changing channels: kind of jarring, but when the previous situation was the info slipping beneath notice entirely along with the songs. . .

And these new songs are probably the most boppin' Splatoon multiplayer music has ever been outside of the final stretch of the Callie vs. Marie Splatfest (using single player music, mind you), so the two minutes of it being there feels worth the sudden shift at the end. I guess we'll see how I feel after hundreds of hours of exposure.

At least it being a radio would make a great explanation that doesn't mess with willing suspension of disbelief. In a situation like that, every song being the same would almost be more baffling.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/167838417737/its-finally-back-this-black-friday-today

Full confirmation of the Hydra’s kit and abilities. As someone already said it kerps the 3 hit kill at full charge. Kit is Autobomb and Splashdown, confirming the SplatoonJP translation. So no nerf to max charge damage, but we could see a charge time nerf or range nerf to it. Fingers crossed it isn’t unfairly broken, would be nice to have a good counter to short ranged weapons.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
At least it doesn't come with Sting Ray. I struggled with the Hydra in the original game, I wonder if I will enjoy it in Splatoon 2.

Luminario

Full Squid
It's a shame such few hats give me the gorgeous ponytail look instead of the pigtails, it would have been much better to simply be able to switch to the ponytail at any time. Can't wait to see what other styles they have in store later on down the line. Also being able to switch weapons right after a match is a godsend, can't believe it took 2 and a half years for the series to implement that but thank god they finally got around to it.

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
It's a shame such few hats give me the gorgeous ponytail look instead of the pigtails, it would have been much better to simply be able to switch to the ponytail at any time. Can't wait to see what other styles they have in store later on down the line. Also being able to switch weapons right after a match is a godsend, can't believe it took 2 and a half years for the series to implement that but thank god they finally got around to it.
Non stat-based customization does make me curious. I get the feeling like they'd keep it even, so two more hairstyles and three more pants. But if Octolings were added, I feel like one way or another it'd be segregated off into it's own section of the hairstyle menu, so I'd cound that separate from the quota if that ever actually happened. Giving Inklings a large amount of custom options would be a good way to stave off Octolings completely taking over the game, too. But then, that's assuming Octolings would actually happen, which isn't any kind of guarantee.

I hear people saying they want blue jeans a lot and gotta agree though, LOL. It's all I ever wear as pants, so I guess I gotta cross my fingers that they'll decide to add them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom