• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Fingers crossed it isn’t unfairly broken, would be nice to have a good counter to short ranged weapons.
Well it is the Hydra, so you should be able to counter all four short rangers in a single charge. :p

I hear people saying they want blue jeans a lot and gotta agree though, LOL. It's all I ever wear as pants, so I guess I gotta cross my fingers that they'll decide to add them.
Would be kinda odd to give them jeans for an athletic sport. All I can imagine is pants ripping everywhere.

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
Well it is the Hydra, so you should be able to counter all four short rangers in a single charge. :p

Would be kinda odd to give them jeans for an athletic sport. All I can imagine is pants ripping everywhere.
That's a fair point I hadn't thought of.

On the other hand, there's some legit absurd clothing all around for a competitive sport and stretchy jeans still exist, so maybe there's hope yet. It's an athletic sport, but most of the really wild stuff is being done in squid form and being splatted leaves the clothes unscathed.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Mako Mart seems pretty cool.

Guess what, there’s a raised platform in mid. I know, I thought you’d never guessed.

I like how mid is very vertical, we’ve had some wide mids, and some square mids, but this time, we have a long alleyway, with a wall on the left side as you enter.

There’s lots of nooks and crannies to paint, it kinda reminds me of Sturgeon with the many lowered and raised bits. The geometry reminds me of Musselforge as well.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Have most of you taken a stroll through MakoMart in Recon Mode yet? It makes the world even more questionable.

Tentacle popsicles, jellyfish ice cream, a seafood deli, some popular crab mascot for cereal (thought it was a monkey at first, lol), a Pearl & Marina cereal, and so on.

And what's with the scale of everything? A lot of the stuff are the size of inklings. Even the shopping carts are bigger than them. Maybe the inklings and other sea life really are small compared to humans. @_@

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ok, this map is an instant favorite of mine. I can see it overtake Starfish Mainstage as my favorite map.

The Hydra though...really makes me wish you could sell weapons back to Sheldon.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
And what's with the scale of everything? A lot of the stuff are the size of inklings. Even the shopping carts are bigger than them. Maybe the inklings and other sea life really are small compared to humans. @_@
I thought that was a given.

The food stuff is really creepy though.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Have most of you taken a stroll through MakoMart in Recon Mode yet? It makes the world even more questionable.

Tentacle popsicles, jellyfish ice cream, a seafood deli, some popular crab mascot for cereal (thought it was a monkey at first, lol), a Pearl & Marina cereal, and so on.

Really, wouldn't you want to have a man-sized box of cereal to dive into? Because i totally would!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
MakoMart is glorious. It's definitely a new favorite of mine. It feels like they took the Shifty Station design from the Flight vs. Invisibility splatfest, raised and lowered terrain, then gave it some personality. I can't wait to do zones on this stage in League!

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Maybe the inklings and other sea life really are small compared to humans. @_@
Aren't the seagulls in Saltspray Rig from the first game like, your size? Don't forget how huge Jud is; there's even the sunken scroll where his owner is holding him, and he's still large, but obviously not human size. You might actually be able to get a reasonable estimate of an Inkling's height based off of that picture, if we assume the person is 5'8" or something and that they have average proportions.

Award

the new map is fantastic. Definitely a different meta on they're thankfully.

Hydra...... I'm not feeling it with the short range meta.... It's not bad, but it's not excellent either. Doesn't feel nerfed... Just had a hard time keeping pace...

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
the new map is fantastic. Definitely a different meta on they're thankfully.

Hydra...... I'm not feeling it with the short range meta.... It's not bad, but it's not excellent either. Doesn't feel nerfed... Just had a hard time keeping pace...
So I played the maps a few times and I have to admit I love the new map, unlike most of the others there actually is a way for chargers and other long range weapons to manuever and be very viable in a most of the game modes.
It also allowed a variety of options for a short range weapons to flank around and get in and around enemy lines. This is by far one of my favorite stages of the copy pastes (Splatoon 2 stages)

Hydra is unique on one hand it can completely dominate a map using autobombs working as a better burst bombs and splashdown serving as a panic Kraken button....kinda reminds me of the e-liter golden days (or the reason I stood at B til the nerf).

On the other hand it can be useless, struggling to move without an enemy wiping them

A Red Skull expert might be better at explaining this but from what I gather the hydra (imo being a defender/ carrier) thrives on lockdown aka holding a specific area of a map.
The longer they can hold that point and keep pressure on it the more value your team can get and the quicker you can get back into position the less likely you are to get steamrolled.

Also to any Hydra mains what gear setup is good for somene using the hydra splatling? I haven't seen a thread for it yet so I thought I'd ask around

Ansible

Community Ambassador
As usual, weapon premier weekends are full of shenanigans!
2017112500293800-CBA841B50A92A904E313AE06DF4EF71A.jpg

Hydy is going to take some time getting reacquainted with, both because not having it for 4~5 months and adapting it to this strange new world.

Not sure hope I feel about MakoMart yet. I like the map itself though fighting on it doesn't feel all that different from most of the other Splatoon 2 maps, yet. Curious what it'll look like during a splatfest.

Aren't the seagulls in Saltspray Rig from the first game like, your size? Don't forget how huge Jud is; there's even the sunken scroll where his owner is holding him, and he's still large, but obviously not human size. You might actually be able to get a reasonable estimate of an Inkling's height based off of that picture, if we assume the person is 5'8" or something and that they have average proportions.
Haven't gave all that much attention to the different birds throughout either game for it to click. Judd's size was often debatable back and forth. On the other hand you have MakoMart containing objects the denizens themselves constructed which is harder for me to ignore.
2017112501351900-CBA841B50A92A904E313AE06DF4EF71A.jpg

There goes my hopes of a shopping cart weapon or mode. Unless... it's a teamwork thing with at least one rider and one pusher!

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904

When I read the first two sentences I thought you were talking about this:

The carts being constructed by the Inklings themselves and not being proportional kind of loops in on itself, though, because why WOULD they build the carts bigger than themselves on the basis of "human carts are this size?" Every other object is built to scale, and they have no reason to deliberately build things bigger than themselves.

. . .I almost feel like it might indicate sea life larger than Inklings shopping at the stores rather than the scale of the Inklings themselves. You see Inkling sized carts in the picture in my tweet, for example (which are still a little big for the jellyfish).

. . .Actually, if we're comparing them to stage details we should be checking how they shape up compared to fruit and vegetables.

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The Inklings we're playing as are 'kids', remember.
Callie and Marie are young adults (19 by Splatoon 2) and they aren't significantly taller than the squid kids. Cap'n Cuttlefish is also tiny. There is also Pearl who is 18? And she is so tiny. Personally I am not confident she is an Inkling, though. I kinda dig the theory that she is a cuttlefish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom