Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
It's Thursday, everyone. How about we wrongly guess (again) the new weapon of the week. I'm going with the tri-slosher alt. What do the rest of you have?

When 3.0 drops, only eight maps will be available in ranked mode every month, and then the maps will change every new month.
1) Carbon roller alt. We haven't seen a new roller in forever.

2) UGH, that's bad. (In my opinion.) I'm kind of stunned Nintendo didn't, oh I don't know, let us vote for maps.

3) the ranked modes will still be changing every 2 hours right?

4) They should have kept the map rotation change to Rank X, or even better, not changed it.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
1) Carbon roller alt. We haven't seen a new roller in forever.

2) UGH, that's bad. (In my opinion.) I'm kind of stunned Nintendo didn't, oh I don't know, let us vote for maps.

3) the ranked modes will still be changing every 2 hours right?

4) They should have kept the map rotation change to Rank X, or even better, not changed it.
2. I'd be all for map voting in ranked if they gave us, say, four choices per rotation? And also the ability to choose gear/guns when we know the map (give us this either way).

3. The ranked modes/maps WILL still change every two hours.

4. I like this idea. Keep it to Rank X and league. That's actually a fantastic idea in my book.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
2. I'd be all for map voting in ranked if they gave us, say, four choices per rotation? And also the ability to choose gear/guns when we know the map (give us this either way).

3. The ranked modes/maps WILL still change every two hours.

4. I like this idea. Keep it to Rank X and league. That's actually a fantastic idea in my book.
3. Oh thank god. Stuck playing clam blitz on kelp dome for a month... UGHHHHHH

4. I feel like this map rotation change is for the hardcore. It's basically so that the hardcore players can play more of the same, keeping consistency. But put it in rank x or like you said, league. That's where the real hardcore players are.

Sometimes Nintendo confuses me.
Also, I like your idea of being able to see which map you'll be playing on before you choose a weapon.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Don't they sometimes fuse lobbies together and pull other matchmaking tricks like that? You wouldn't be able to give players the map beforehand if that's true.

Not that I think it matters that much.

As for what weapon will drop...there's only about 15 alts left right? That would mean that by the time we're getting those 7 weapons at the beginning of May, we'll have all of them, give or take one or two. Does that mean we'll see third variations at some time after then?

At any rate, my money is on the Carbon.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Don't they sometimes fuse lobbies together and pull other matchmaking tricks like that? You wouldn't be able to give players the map beforehand if that's true.

Not that I think it matters that much.
You do it how literally every shooter except Splatoon does it -- load the map and have us pick from a few pre-selected weapon/gear sets (like how you can equip three arms in Armzzzz and pick from those).

And it does matter a ton because picking the best weapon for the map... and being able to pick based on what your teammates are picking (you should be able to see this) can make for a better game. I can't tell you how many times a match has been ruined for me because I got weapon comp screwed. When you lose just because Nintendo doesn't care about weapon comps, it really sucks. And there's no reason not to let us do this.

BEHOLD
previously mined weapons, just some now have different kits =P
(rip carbon roller until sheldon's picks)

https://twitter.com/LeanYoshi
Oh wow. How reliable is this person?

Last edited:

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Oh wow. How reliable is this person?
Well, these are the same specials confirmed for some of these weapons that were shown in the Direct. (EX: Custom Dualie Squelchers: Sting Ray, Clash Blaster Neo: Tenta missiles.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
BEHOLD

Nice work! My thoughts:

I was really hoping we'd get more burst bombs. Oh well. The Squelcher is pretty underwhelming compared to what we already have. Also lots of splat bombs. Pretty medicore but the new maps, ranking, and gear easily make up for some meh weapons. Also Callie in 3.0
Callie > Lack of burst bombs.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
BEHOLD

Well, these are the same specials confirmed for some of these weapons that were shown in the Direct. (EX: Custom Dualie Squelchers: Sting Ray, Clash Blaster Neo: Tenta missiles.
Yeah, I figured it was pretty on. The only thing that had me "wut"ing was that the subs seem different from in the direct. But Nintendo gotta do Nintendo.

Putting bubbles on a blaster is pretty dope. I'm into it.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I thought the Custom Range Blaster already had that kit? I might be misremembering. At any rate, I think the Range Blaster shoots a bit slowly to make use of the bubbles properly, but the current kit is so good that I don't care I don't like this one.

I am looking forward to trying the new Bamboozler and Mini though.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I thought the Custom Range Blaster already had that kit? I might be misremembering. At any rate, I think the Range Blaster shoots a bit slowly to make use of the bubbles properly, but the current kit is so good that I don't care I don't like this one.
The original custom kit was burst bombs/sting ray. This one is legit worse because burst bombs on a range blaster is nicceee, but at least it gives it a unique niche as a consolation prize. This set is basically the "use this for clams" blaster.

(Edit: It just occurred to me that the CRB's kit would be perfect on the clash blaster instead, but whatever, I guess.)

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
I'm so unwilling to use blasters outside of the Clash Blaster, and even that I only use every once in a while.

Another set for the clash blaster is nice

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This set is basically the "use this for clams" blaster.
Funny you should mention that, because the regular Range Blaster is actually my go-to weapon for CB, and I ain't switching to the new one for it. I get a lot out of Ink Storm in CB. Curling would be nice to pick up clams faster, but I tend to focus on killing everything in sight and defending our basket/the middle whenever things get sticky for my team. And even then, I end up with 10 clams somehow all the time.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Based on their new approach for weapon releases, I would be surprised if they only did that for three or four months. Couple that with potential Sheldon's picks, and paid online (which encourages Nintendo to keep people playing to squeeze more money), I can very much expect to see updates beyond the initial period

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom