Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the

Inkling Commander
GIVE US THE CHICKEN LAUNCHER COWARDS

Also finally another toxic mist weapon... hopefully this one will be able to use it effectively????

(I was gone for a while, does toxic mist still suck or did they buff it)

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Sad about chicken rush, mad about dualie squelcher (why does it have to be a clone of jet? Why?), but looking forward to that CRB

Cyan

Inkling Commander
It's Thursday, everyone. How about we wrongly guess (again) the new weapon of the week. I'm going with the tri-slosher alt. What do the rest of you have?

When 3.0 drops, only eight maps will be available in ranked mode every month, and then the maps will change every new month.
Almost, you get 8 maps on each mode every month, not 8 maps for the whole of Ranked, otherwise I'd be pretty angry with the new system too. That way you'll still be seeing all the maps, but not available to every mode for the duration of that month.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Almost, you get 8 maps on each mode every month, not 8 maps for the whole of Ranked, otherwise I'd be pretty angry with the new system too. That way you'll still be seeing all the maps, but not available to every mode for the duration of that month.
Oh, that's better than what I thought was happening.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
I wish I could read Japanese properly. Splatoon's Japanese twitter posted some things about Wahoo World, The sea cumcumber thing we saw in the octo expansion trailer, and new gear. And lo and behold, google translate makes it confusing. UGHHHHH

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I really really really want a patch where they limit the number of the same abilities you have. People who feel they need to have 12 of the same ability are nothing but ****ing cheap and disgusting. I was hoping they would consider this when the game was revealed.
"Oh I see you have a lot of the same abilities on ya. Guess you feel powerful, huh? Well sorry! You're not allowed to do that. That would be unfair to other squidkids out there Come back later when you repick your abilities (and get fresher gear too)."

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Um... I'm probably being stupid and oblivious, but is it just me, or are these shoes new? I've never seen them anywhere before, and the wiki hasn't had any record of it unless it's in a new gear showing of 3.0.

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Sesame_Salt_270s

Sesame Salt 270s

EDIT: Found them on SplatNet, that's how I found it.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Um... I'm probably being stupid and oblivious, but is it just me, or are these shoes new? I've never seen them anywhere before, and the wiki hasn't had any record of it unless it's in a new gear showing of 3.0.

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Sesame_Salt_270s

Sesame Salt 270s

EDIT: Found them on SplatNet, that's how I found it.
Those shoes are a thing because the new Japanese Splatfest was announced:
I don't get it either, you tell me x.x

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Those shoes are a thing because the new Japanese Splatfest was announced:
I don't get it either, you tell me x.x
wtf...?

Google Translate says that it's "Which Nike shoe model would you prefer? The newest model, or the most popular model?"

Also, the shoes on SplatNet look a bit different than from what the inkling girl is wearing, so I don't know. It can't be for copyright reasons because Nintendo shows the shoes right here in the picture. o_O

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Also, the shoes on SplatNet look a bit different than from what the inkling girl is wearing, so I don't know. It can't be for copyright reasons because Nintendo shows the shoes right here in the picture.
An advertisement and an actual in-game item are two entirely different ball parks.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Huh... hope they do something cool for the US and EU too

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well, moment of silence and sad melody for the fabled chicken rush...

*ahem* Meanwhile, that Sorella Brella is lookin kinda cute! Both its canopy and loadout.

The next hydra seems it could be a better e-liter, which isn't saying much. Curious what can be done with the zimi and CRB because I've grown accustomed to using curling bombs as more than fire-follow-forget projectiles. And what's this, the next Bamboozler gets toxic mist and burst bomb blush rush?!
20180315_235152.png
H-h-hi, I'm Ansible w-would you like to go out with me into rank sometime?

wtf...?

Google Translate says that it's "Which Nike shoe model would you prefer? The newest model, or the most popular model?"

Also, the shoes on SplatNet look a bit different than from what the inkling girl is wearing, so I don't know. It can't be for copyright reasons because Nintendo shows the shoes right here in the picture. o_O
At this very moment I see both shoes in the app. And hopefully Japan's next Splatfest is a foreshadowing of future Splatfests where we can choose between having a team hat, shirt, or shoes.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Too bad those are Splatfest shirts, I have Nike shoes quite often.

Anyway, I too was quite surprised to see those Sesame Salt shoes this morning on Splatnet. But I'm more surprised to learn Japan will have two Splatfests this month.
I really really really want a patch where they limit the number of the same abilities you have. People who feel they need to have 12 of the same ability are nothing but ****ing cheap and disgusting. I was hoping they would consider this when the game was revealed.
"Oh I see you have a lot of the same abilities on ya. Guess you feel powerful, huh? Well sorry! You're not allowed to do that. That would be unfair to other squidkids out there Come back later when you repick your abilities (and get fresher gear too)."
There's nothing cheap about it. If you use all or most of your slots for one ability, that means you don't have any other abilities available. So yeah, someone who has full Super Jump Speed Up can make a very quick escape, but that's all the perks they get. That and the more you use an ability the smaller the effect, and with some abilities this is a very extreme decrease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom