Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maave

Inkling Commander
Also, the Sprinkler got nerfed ridiculously hard:

Left image is pre-patch, right is after patch. Why was this thing nerfed again?
Was this actually needed? The only weapon I played with Sprinkler so far is the vanilla Heavy Splatling and it was really lame compared to the Deco's kit. Maybe it's different on weapons with more spammable specials but this seems extreme

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
So it has recently come to my attention that Nintendo has yet again changed some of the weapon kits for unreleased weapons. This change has happened with the applied 3.0.0 patch, so I'll list the new kits, but remember as before these could change although I'm doubtful now (in fact I believe these are some of the weapons for next month):

Carbon Roller Deco: Burst Bombs/Autobomb Launcher (previously Sprinkler/Inkjet)

This is a pretty amazing change for the Carbon, we all know they utterly destroyed this weapon so now they've decided to fix it up by restoring the Burst Bomb combos/chip damage/mobility stuff you could do in the original. It seems like the devs went with this special to prevent it having a really good set like the first game where it was always a relevant threat and annoying sharker. For those of you who want a chicken spam weapon, you may be in luck now.

Custom Dualie Squelchers: Splat Bombs/Ink Storm (previously Splat Bombs/Sting Ray and even earlier Splat Bombs/Ink Armour)

Not quite the kit it was slated for at launch, but I think many people here can agree this is a much better set than the Sting Ray equivalent which would have made it a worse Custom Jet. This could be a better kit for the DS than the Tri-Slosher as it has range to act on any players in the Ink Storm without having to get dangerously close. Interesting change, but nothing that will set the world on fire.

Tenta Sorella Brella: Splash Wall/Curling Bomb Launcher (previously Splash Wall/Ink Armour)

This is the one directly worse change in my opinion, Ink Armour would have been a much better fit on a weapon that is rather slow at painting and moving, so having a little extra time to land the shots for a kill would have been appreciated. The Splash Wall is still a good idea on it, buys the user time to deal damage and open their brella to fire it as a path or just to protect teammates jumping in. An interesting kit, but the special now won't have good synergy with the main weapon anymore.

The changes are listed here as well now: http://leanny.github.io/splat2/en_files.html
Where are you getting this information exactly???

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
For those curious about the X Rank pose:

Also, the Sprinkler got nerfed ridiculously hard:

Left image is pre-patch, right is after patch. Why was this thing nerfed again?
They really REALLY wanted to punish Slosher Deco and Heavy Splatling, even if it means hurting the other innocent sprinkler weapons. Definitely too harsh though, doesn't ink that much more than a suction bomb does now. Maybe if these weapons see less play they'll ease back in the next patch. I only saw one other Slosher Deco player during my session last night, but the weapon is still really good.

So post 3.0
Haunt is now suprisingly great, especially for the carrier on a team, now if you go into a mode like Clam Blitz or Rainmaker you can go in and punish players for taking you out. (Which mean I am going to have get more gear thar can actually make use of it)
Opening gambit sounds appealing but I have no use for it atm (plus I have no real gear to support it)

New squiffer is great a very offensive utility charger but I think it makes for a great carrier/attacker/defender hybrid.
Been running
:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: inkresist inkresist
:ability_runspeed: inkresist, :ability_swimspeed:,ink resist
:ability_inkrecovery: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

But do need some gear recommendations for gloogas and the foil squeezer
Here's my Glooga Deco build:
:ability_specialduration:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:ability_specialcharge:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:ability_inksavermain:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

and me Foil Squeezer build:
:ability_comeback:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_specialduration:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:

Nothing too flashy, both kits focus on Sub n Special. Wish I could fit in Swim Speed but eh.

So it has recently come to my attention that Nintendo has yet again changed some of the weapon kits for unreleased weapons. This change has happened with the applied 3.0.0 patch, so I'll list the new kits, but remember as before these could change although I'm doubtful now (in fact I believe these are some of the weapons for next month):

Carbon Roller Deco: Burst Bombs/Autobomb Launcher (previously Sprinkler/Inkjet)

This is a pretty amazing change for the Carbon, we all know they utterly destroyed this weapon so now they've decided to fix it up by restoring the Burst Bomb combos/chip damage/mobility stuff you could do in the original. It seems like the devs went with this special to prevent it having a really good set like the first game where it was always a relevant threat and annoying sharker. For those of you who want a chicken spam weapon, you may be in luck now.

Custom Dualie Squelchers: Splat Bombs/Ink Storm (previously Splat Bombs/Sting Ray and even earlier Splat Bombs/Ink Armour)

Not quite the kit it was slated for at launch, but I think many people here can agree this is a much better set than the Sting Ray equivalent which would have made it a worse Custom Jet. This could be a better kit for the DS than the Tri-Slosher as it has range to act on any players in the Ink Storm without having to get dangerously close. Interesting change, but nothing that will set the world on fire.

Tenta Sorella Brella: Splash Wall/Curling Bomb Launcher (previously Splash Wall/Ink Armour)

This is the one directly worse change in my opinion, Ink Armour would have been a much better fit on a weapon that is rather slow at painting and moving, so having a little extra time to land the shots for a kill would have been appreciated. The Splash Wall is still a good idea on it, buys the user time to deal damage and open their brella to fire it as a path or just to protect teammates jumping in. An interesting kit, but the special now won't have good synergy with the main weapon anymore.

The changes are listed here as well now: http://leanny.github.io/splat2/en_files.html
Aw lame! There goes my excitement for Tenta Sorella Brella. Atleast Custom Dualie Squelcher is now more hype, and Auto-Bomb Rush lives!

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Yeah sprinkler got bodied this patch. I don't really know why, the only explicit meta weapons with them were the vanilla heavy and the slosher deco. Vanilla heavy was mostly used for stingray spam, and the slosher deco's sprinkler helped it charge baller quick. But it's now 220p to get a baller now, which is a bit of overkill.

The other sprinkler weapons: Aerospray RG, Splat brella, and vanilla .96 were okay in this last patch, but they were nowhere near centralizing. It sucks because Aerospray RG and Splat brella are already losing their places as painting weapons thanks to the neo splash.

And must I say, this weapon is good. The splash-o-matic neo is hands down one of the best painting weapons available right now. The only weapon that gives it competition when it comes to painting is probably the zink mini splatling and maybe custom jr.

I was playing league zones last night, only to have every team comp have one or two of these things. The amount of suction bomb rushes it can accumulate is insane, the painting is so perfect along with the burst bomb if you're zoned out. It looks like one of the weapons that will be meta honestly.

Foil Squeezer looks cool, I didn't get a chance to try it (since I was busy with another bubble weapon).

Glooga decos look cool as well, I saw quite of few of them. Not sure if it's new weapon hype or what.

New Squiffer still looks pretty bad. Autobomb just doesn't help it out much, but at least baller is somewhat of a panic button.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Nutmeat You can order gear by talking to Inklings in the plaza. Everybody gets different gear in the in-game shops.

Definitely too harsh though, doesn't ink that much more than a suction bomb does now.
I tried it in the test area, and the Sprinkler inks...maybe 10% more than a Suction Bomb? Judging from the special meter, that is. Of course, in stages you might place it somewhere high up so it might be a bit more, but still...you basically got a similar coverage to a bomb, which is just ridiculous.

I mean, they ****ed it up, plain and simple. The Sprinkler didn't go from good to worse, it went from good to bad. Dumbest balance change they've ever done.
The splash-o-matic neo is hands down one of the best painting weapons available right now. The only weapon that gives it competition when it comes to painting is probably the zink mini splatling and maybe custom jr.
For me, I still have more paint coverage with the Zink, the Dapple N, the Jr. and the Slosher Deco (even post-Sprinkler nerf)...but yeah, it's nice to have another weapon to choose from during those 2.5x cash battles.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I feel like the neo splash might have the most synergistic main/kit in the whole game. The main weapon is great for painting, mobility, and close range kills, burst bombs for longer range attacking, support, etc. and they make a great 1-2 combo with the main weapon. And then suction bomb rush for pushes makes for a really fun kit with almost no weaknesses unless long range painting is required.

the

Inkling Commander
Yeah it’s so weird that they seem to have made a point thus far of never making weapons work TOO well with their kits, but now they’re bringing in the absolute monster of the splash neo, with the alleged return of burst-bomb carbon roller (oh dear neptune....). I’m hoping they continue this trend if they do sheldon’s picks and give more weapons sets that work well with them (e.g. please give an eliter a bomb for close range, it doesnt even have to be burst bombs)

Also I think I’m actually fine with tenta brella set change. I would’ve preferred keeping ink armor and changing the sub, but splash wall is still useful enough, and curling rush can aid in inking and preventing people from closing in on you (or making it possible to punish them for doing so). This could change after actually playing the weapon, but I’m remaining optimistic.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
In my opinion, the top kits right now (in terms of synergy) have to be:

Neo splash
Vanilla splattershot
Vanilla sploosh
Vanilla splat roller
Vanilla Jr
Vanilla ink brush
Vanilla nzap
Forge Pro
Vanilla tri slosher
Vanilla L-3
Vanilla luna
Blue dapples
Custom jet
H-3 D maybe?

All of these kits make a ton of sense on their weapons and have a cool kind of synergy. I'm sure I'm forgetting some or people might disagree with these. It's strange that we have so many weapons, though, and so few of the kits actually seem to make total sense.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yeah it’s so weird that they seem to have made a point thus far of never making weapons work TOO well with their kits, but now they’re bringing in the absolute monster of the splash neo, with the alleged return of burst-bomb carbon roller (oh dear neptune....). I’m hoping they continue this trend if they do sheldon’s picks and give more weapons sets that work well with them (e.g. please give an eliter a bomb for close range, it doesnt even have to be burst bombs)

Also I think I’m actually fine with tenta brella set change. I would’ve preferred keeping ink armor and changing the sub, but splash wall is still useful enough, and curling rush can aid in inking and preventing people from closing in on you (or making it possible to punish them for doing so). This could change after actually playing the weapon, but I’m remaining optimistic.
Yeah maybe I was too quick to doom and gloom. Splash Wall is still a really good sub for it especially after the buffs, and Curling Bomb Rush got buffed again.

Reactions: the

Maave

Inkling Commander
I feel like the neo splash might have the most synergistic main/kit in the whole game. The main weapon is great for painting, mobility, and close range kills, burst bombs for longer range attacking, support, etc. and they make a great 1-2 combo with the main weapon. And then suction bomb rush for pushes makes for a really fun kit with almost no weaknesses unless long range painting is required.
Oh yeah it's fun. One of my favorites in Splat1. The main and sub make it very quick and mobile. It didn't have much push around corners but the new special handles that.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
There's tons of good 'synergy' going on in the kits IMO. Literally can't think of any better kits for the Splattershot and Sploosh than their vanilla kits.
It's all a matter of opinion anyway. What works for one person, might not work for another.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
How come all the already decent weapons get the OP kits? Hard weapons to pick up like Tenta, Undercover, Gloogas (?), etc, get all the weird and hard-to-use kits. Hopefully they'll change, but it doesn't look possible now.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
How come all the already decent weapons get the OP kits? Hard weapons to pick up like Tenta, Undercover, Gloogas (?), etc, get all the weird and hard-to-use kits. Hopefully they'll change, but it doesn't look possible now.

To be brutally honest with you, I think Nintendo is trying to keep the tenta brella as a gimmick weapon. Focusing on defending your team. So the kits it received are going to focus on being a support.

Undercover I don't think they're trying to make a gimmick, but it got literally nothing this patch aside from being able to sub strafe (a thing every weapon can do now).

Gloogas I feel Nintendo are trying out for. Just because they got a much better kit yesterday and they got a nice range buff.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
To be brutally honest with you, I think Nintendo is trying to keep the tenta brella as a gimmick weapon. Focusing on defending your team. So the kits it received are going to focus on being a support.

Undercover I don't think they're trying to make a gimmick, but it got literally nothing this patch aside from being able to sub strafe (a thing every weapon can do now).

Gloogas I feel Nintendo are trying out for. Just because they got a much better kit yesterday and they got a nice range buff.
Okay, but the change of special from Ink Armor to Curling Bomb Rush was uncalled fore and kinda dumb.

Another question I had was why do Brellas get treated as a second-rate class? They only get 3 main weapons while dualies, basically guns by they have better movement, get 5 types. Is it because Nintendo can just make shooters into dualies?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Another question I had was why do Brellas get treated as a second-rate class? They only get 3 main weapons while dualies, basically guns by they have better movement, get 5 types. Is it because Nintendo can just make shooters into dualies?
Well, they'd need something unique for the shield as well. Plus, Dualies are more straightforward guns, and this is a shooting game after all. There's probably less you can do with a shotgun-type weapon.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
New cross-promotional Splatfest With the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Raphael VS Leonardo for NA and EU.
EDIT: For the first time in splatfest history they'll be doing a tournament styled one. 2 rounds and then a finals, all in one month. Raph vs Leo, Donnie vs Mikey and then the winners of the 2 face off. SO a lot of snails. And a lot of salt all around.
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/173321496808/a-special-tournament-style-splatfest-is-coming-to

Picking Raph cause i'm an edgy boi who likes red.

Last edited:

Lumiose_Ink

Inkling
I cannot help but to help but to admit that the theme for this Splatfest is rather strange, solely because of the fact that I've never even watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to begin with. I'll partake on the Splatfest anyway as I need some snails, and I suppose I'll favor Leo because I like the color blue and I find swords to be interesting weapons.

That being said, the tournament style of the Splatfest is quite interesting. I wonder if they plan on reusing this style?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom