Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the

Inkling Commander
yeah um, not sure if i like these. I'm still getting used to the new designs and then they throw this in my face lol
Also raph's ink colour is pink. RIP blood ink.
Blue/pink is one of my fave color combos so I can’t complain :p

And I guess they didn’t wanna give one side the exclusive color without the other (they did that for chicken/egg but at least for that one it was “choose between the blatantly correct answer or cool ink”)

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's funny that so many people in the plaza thought they were actually gonna do red ink. Not only did the artwork released when this Splatfest show a pink Inkling, but everything that looks like it could be team red always ends up being some shade of pink or orange.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
With the 3.0.0 update out and the new clothing flooding through matches, I was wondering when we'd start seeing it appear in Splatnet for alternate main abilities. I seem to remember a delay for the 2.(somethingrather) update too and I'm getting pretty antsy about getting some functional copies of the new stuff.

On the list is the Do-Rag/cap/glasses, Octarian jacket, Rockin' leather jacket, the Takoroka Power Stripe shoes, and Truffle Canvas Hi-Tops; finally some nice and simply black/white shoes!

Last edited:

Cephalobro

I hope they'll do something to spice up Inkopolis Square, since the only species currently wandering about are Inklings and Jellyfish (with Octolings to follow soon), I think more evolved sea life would be great to see in the square, maybe even some more friendly Octarian variants.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
yeah um, not sure if i like these. I'm still getting used to the new designs and then they throw this in my face lol
Also raph's ink colour is pink. RIP blood ink.
Looks more red than pink to me

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Is anyone else running into griefers a lot lately? It seems like about half of my Turf Wars lobbies over the last week have contained at least one player who refuses to contribute. One was in Walleye Warehouse, and just walked over to the left catwalk, put down a Beakon, and then just watched the battle. Another was in Manta Maria, and continually walked straight up the middle, apparently to see how far they could get without putting down any ink or being splatted, over and over again.

Lumiose_Ink

Inkling
Is anyone else running into griefers a lot lately? It seems like about half of my Turf Wars lobbies over the last week have contained at least one player who refuses to contribute. One was in Walleye Warehouse, and just walked over to the left catwalk, put down a Beakon, and then just watched the battle. Another was in Manta Maria, and continually walked straight up the middle, apparently to see how far they could get without putting down any ink or being splatted, over and over again.
I've seen a griefer at least once today. I don't recall their name, but they were using the Clash Blaster. All they did was sit still and not ink any ground... well, on the bright side, they were doing that on the other side of the stage, which gave me some level of advantage in terms of super jumping.

the

Inkling Commander
I actually hadn’t seen the base-invasion playstyle from splooshes before hearing it here, but after a few matches with four(!!!!) splooshes in the room I had to quit because it was getting so insufferable lol. Especially since the ones who tried to do it on my team were so bad at it and always got picked off.

LittleMissEevee

Inkling
NNID
Silverfury
Switch Friend Code
SW-5003-6584-4623
I was worried that the new Gloogas would be a tad disapppointing with a Splash Wall, but with it buffed...maybe we have a decent pair of Gloogas. Gloogas got higher damage and slower firing speed, right? I always thought that was a bit redundant for dualies (you know, an entire weapon based on quick maneuverability and "in your face" action being slow and clunky) But with a Splash Wall, perhaps the Gloogas could become a really nice defensive weapon. Throw down a wall, then scare the enemy with some powerful shots ans build up ink, and then go baller it in a more offensive manner. (The baller sounds like a huge help to those troubled dualies. At least now it has decent mobility.)
well I mean these ones gain power via rolls so I guess its ok

Cephalobro

Cloud saves are great! And just $20, for the entire year? That's generous and I like it, now I don't have to worry about losing my Splatoon 2 data.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
Maybe it's because I've been an online gamer since the early 90's, but 20$ a year or 35$ split between 2-7 friends seems so cheap, I don't understand the hate. They're even porting NES games for easy access.

I remember paying 12$ a month to play one game online. Those were dark times.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
How exactly does the family plan work?

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
Press release says you can invite up to 7 profiles to the plan. My friend has her profile on my switch and on her own, and it links to her account on both. So Nintendo must keep profiles registered separately from devices.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
That makes me wonder, though: if they have cloud saves and support multiple Switches registered to the same account, can you play the same save on both devices? Can you play different saves on both devices? Either answer might make hacking, or at least save scumming, more of a possibility.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well since it is Nintendo, there's no telling how it'll work until it actually happens.

From the sounds of it, you should be able to play your cloud save on other Switches as it should follow the account--but I doubt you can play the same save file, on the same player account, on multiple Switches, at the same time. Different saves, on different Switches, under the same player account? It will probably depend on how they have cloud save data uploaded and overwritten

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I hope they'll do something to spice up Inkopolis Square, since the only species currently wandering about are Inklings and Jellyfish (with Octolings to follow soon), I think more evolved sea life would be great to see in the square, maybe even some more friendly Octarian variants.
I think having Octos in the plaza is really going to spice things up. Also, the train station in the back is there for Octo Valley, but it's very bland and not obvious. I have a huge feeling Inkopolis will get updated so the train station will get some signage for the Octo Expansion. Look, there's no way Nintendo isn't going to throw that sweet DLC in front of every new player's face. Salmon Run has a big neon sign and decor outside, so the station will too. (And hey...Maybe Spyke will finally leave the world's longest coffee break.)

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet so I may as well put this here. One of the new Sloshers that got datamined when it was added in 3.0.0 has now been loaded into the testing range with a quick demonstration of how it currently works. The Hero Replica Slosher is hosting it because the models are unfinished, but if you want to view it you can do so in the spoiler below:

Kits for this weapon are Splash Wall/Inkjet for the vanilla and Ink Mine/Sting Ray for the variant. Now personally this looks really appealing and I'd been waiting for them to do a Slosher where the attacks bounce along the floor, so this could be a really fun, albeit niche weapon with some cool trick shots up its sleeve.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
The range and the spread of this thing is honestly kind of scary.

Probably not gonna be hard to avoid it at range, but it seems like it is gonna be a mess to deal with at a choke point, especially since this thing banks shots. Even as a 3 hit kill at best, this thing seems like it is gonna have shockingly good map control.

It is still in development so I hope this thing is gonna get a lot of changes. That firing rate, range, and utility is honestly a kind of scary combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom