Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
The range and the spread of this thing is honestly kind of scary.

Probably not gonna be hard to avoid it at range, but it seems like it is gonna be a mess to deal with at a choke point, especially since this thing banks shots. Even as a 3 hit kill at best, this thing seems like it is gonna have shockingly good map control.

It is still in development so I hope this thing is gonna get a lot of changes. That firing rate, range, and utility is honestly a kind of scary combo.
Is it an entirely new Slosher??? Tweet won't load.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I eventually gave in and clicked... :oops:

I'll believe it when it's actually released. But for now, marvellous!!

Other than being trickshot montage bait, I'm curious what the actual weapon will look like. As well as what ways can it be countered and if enemy or ally ink can interact with it or just go through it.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet so I may as well put this here. One of the new Sloshers that got datamined when it was added in 3.0.0 has now been loaded into the testing range with a quick demonstration of how it currently works. The Hero Replica Slosher is hosting it because the models are unfinished, but if you want to view it you can do so in the spoiler below:

Kits for this weapon are Splash Wall/Inkjet for the vanilla and Ink Mine/Sting Ray for the variant. Now personally this looks really appealing and I'd been waiting for them to do a Slosher where the attacks bounce along the floor, so this could be a really fun, albeit niche weapon with some cool trick shots up its sleeve.
Very cool. I like how it travels on grates as well. It will certainly be tuned if it ever gets released so don't worry about the specifics like rate of fire, etc

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
link to Twitter page please.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet so I may as well put this here. One of the new Sloshers that got datamined when it was added in 3.0.0 has now been loaded into the testing range with a quick demonstration of how it currently works. The Hero Replica Slosher is hosting it because the models are unfinished, but if you want to view it you can do so in the spoiler below:

Kits for this weapon are Splash Wall/Inkjet for the vanilla and Ink Mine/Sting Ray for the variant. Now personally this looks really appealing and I'd been waiting for them to do a Slosher where the attacks bounce along the floor, so this could be a really fun, albeit niche weapon with some cool trick shots up its sleeve.
Giant bouncy ink balls of death.....

It seems scary when I first looked at it this weapon seen unavoidable
.....then I watched it again, it seems atm that only the center (and largest) ink ball can deal 35 damage while the smaller balls only cover turf.​
Don't believe me, watch the animation as he aims above him at the grates no damage once to the dummy below or above except by the main ink ball

The main one can still damage for the duration of the period it is out allowing it to still make some impressive trickshots... but it isn't as overpowered at close range as it is meant to look

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It seems almost more like a new type of weapon instead of a Slosher. Still, as someone who has recently really gotten into the Slosher and the Tri-Slosher, and currently likes every weapon in the Slosher line (okay, so that's only 3), I'm ready for more Sloshing action, for sure.
You know there literally is a link to his Twitter page because someone posted the video, right?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Don't wanna oversell the thing to myself, but the more I ponder it, the more it could become one of my heavy-use toys!

Code:
https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/995522686150377472
See if that helps.

.....then I watched it again, it seems atm that only the center (and largest) ink ball can deal 35 damage while the smaller balls only cover turf.​
Don't believe me, watch the animation as he aims above him at the grates no damage once to the dummy below or above except by the main ink ball

The main one can still damage for the duration of the period it is out allowing it to still make some impressive trickshots... but it isn't as overpowered at close range as it is meant to look
Won't be able to be certain until final release, but even if the smaller globs only just turf that could potentially trap and sap HP from your target while getting the follow up. Sadly we'll have to wait and see, even though I want it and I want it now! *stamps foot* >=(

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224

Even in spite of that. The turf coverage with those two small balls is still kind a tad much, even of they don't damage.

Still find that the actual travel distance might be too much for its own good.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
You have to remember that this weapon's tentative kits aren't anything amazing, so currently the weapon is on its own to achieve anything, sure the one in the video could be good, but the second kit is definitely horrible. Of course we can't say for certain these are the final kits, but I have a firm belief that at least the first kit (in the video) would be a finalised one, that sub weapon is still one of the most scarce in the game and piling it with that special hasn't been done yet either. Just going to throw the reminder that at launch we were looking at a Carbon Deco with Sprinkler/Inkjet (now Burst Bomb/Autobomb Launcher), a Custom Dualie Squelcher with Splat Bomb/Ink Armour (went to Splat Bomb/Sting Ray and now Splat Bomb/Ink Storm), a Tri Slosher Nouveau with Splat Bomb/Autobomb Launcher (now Splat Bomb/Ink Storm) and a H3 Nozzlenose D with Sprinkler/Ink Armour (now Suction Bomb/Ink Armour) just to name a few.

Others have changed (like the Tenta Sorella Brella) but I won't list them all here. The point is the devs have been changing certain kits with each version update as they refine the as yet unreleased weapons, something that never happened in the first game when the datamine info came out with 2.0.0. The only exception was the Sloshing Machine Neo which went from Sprinkler/Inkzooka to Point Sensor/Inkzooka (the weapon wasn't even fully completed in 2.0.0, unfinished model and no in-game name).

It seems almost more like a new type of weapon instead of a Slosher. Still, as someone who has recently really gotten into the Slosher and the Tri-Slosher, and currently likes every weapon in the Slosher line (okay, so that's only 3), I'm ready for more Sloshing action, for sure.
Yeah it definitely looks odd, but this is the same sort of attack appearance as the Sloshers had in the Splatoon Global Testfire (the 2nd one that ran for 2-3 weeks in 2016 and got hacked heavily). I went in and messed with the Sloshers without interfering with other players and the game loaded various different charger models for each version (one for Slosher, one for Tri and one for Machine) and all 3 lobbed out ink rather like this does, just without the bouncing effect (in fact its identical to what I saw with the Tri-Slosher in the Testfire). In fact the Sloshing Machine had rather unique quirks back then, it spat out a small glob of ink that stuck to walls and floors for a second or 2 before popping and painting an area, but instantly popped when came into contact with teammates and enemies. But this weapon definitely falls into Slosher categories because the people datamining have found this and its similarly code-named brother have the same set of parameters as the currently existing Sloshers so they behave the same (as goes for the 2 new Splatlings). I'll post the link to those below in a spoiler, but unless you know what each parameter refers to the data is rather useless, but interesting nonetheless.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
It's a cultural difference. It's more of a cute thing in Japan as opposed to an immature thing.
I know. It's kind of like that where i'm currently living too. But i'm still a pretty immature inkling :p

Maave

Inkling Commander
Hello Kitty is rocking that squid fashion. This fits the feel of Splatoon a lot more than TMNT

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I only just remembered that the Slosher's original name, as datamined from Splatoon 1, was the Bloblobber. That name fits this "bathtub" weapon much better. I'll bet that's what it'll actually be called--it lobs bouncy blobs, and it's in no way the "heavy slosher" that the "bathtub" name suggests.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
On another topic... what’s been a good map/mode combination for you frequent posters recently? Last rotation (SZ in The Reef and Goby) was working for me with a Flingza, got a lot of knockouts.

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
Not a frequent poster, but I'll pitch in anyway :p

Played Rainmaker on Port Mackerel with my Jet Squelcher yesterday. The map's long corridors really played into my weapon's strengths so that I decided to let the others take the Rainmaker instead. I usually had the most splats in these matches. The other map in the rotation (Camp Triggerfish) was alright for me too.

Then again, I'm still on Rank C at the moment since I've never really bothered with Ranked so far, so the other players were probably less experienced than me...still happy about these matches though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom