Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So, uh, I'd say that it's been a while, but I feel I've been back long enough (both in-game and on this site) that that's not the case anymore.

That being said, it's still been 6 months or so, so there's still some stuff I'm in the dark about. So I'll ask anyway: other than the DLC, is there anything big that I've missed? Any weapons that dominate competitive play, old or new? Are all the old bad weapons still bad? Any abilities made better/worse? Squid partiers still squid partyin'?
You haven't missed much. Some things have been shuffled around and there's new weapons and stages, but the game is, at the core, the same as it ever was. Welcome back.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
So, uh, I'd say that it's been a while, but I feel I've been back long enough (both in-game and on this site) that that's not the case anymore.

That being said, it's still been 6 months or so, so there's still some stuff I'm in the dark about. So I'll ask anyway: other than the DLC, is there anything big that I've missed? Any weapons that dominate competitive play, old or new? Are all the old bad weapons still bad? Any abilities made better/worse? Squid partiers still squid partyin'?
Well, we got some new gear... some actual new weapons... Like 4 "new" stages... some (useless) balance patches... and...

A race war.

EDIT: Does anyone know what's happening to the images on this site? You can no longer drag & drop them, or else they'll end up like my signature image.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral

They completely destroyed the Sprinkler for no good reason.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
One thing I discovered about Amiibos: They are not region-locked
Yeah I'm aware of that.
I have a JP R.O.B I got from a con from back when the canon Famicon colour wasn't available in the west.
That being said, it's still been 6 months or so, so there's still some stuff I'm in the dark about.
I am also in the same boat as you, but there hasn't been much apart from new weapons and stages...

Oh, and a race war. I forget about that part sometimes.
EDIT: Does anyone know what's happening to the images on this site? You can no longer drag & drop them, or else they'll end up like my signature image.
So others are having this problem too? I just thought it was Imgur nuking my account.

Cephalobro

Anyone think Sheldon's Picks will return before Splatfests are over? I'm curious to see what they will pair the Wasabi Splattershot with this time around.

the

Inkling Commander
Anyone think Sheldon's Picks will return before Splatfests are over? I'm curious to see what they will pair the Wasabi Splattershot with this time around.
We were promised weapons and maps and stuff until december, so if they’re going about weapon releases in a similar manner we might get some sheldons picks (or third sets of a different name) starting in september?

I dunno if it’ll be the same weapons though. I’d say they’ll probably do the wasabi splattershot but the rest could be largely or entirely different (i do hope we get permanent inkbrush though...)

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Suction Bomb and Tenta Missles

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
We were promised weapons and maps and stuff until december, so if they’re going about weapon releases in a similar manner we might get some sheldons picks (or third sets of a different name) starting in september?

I dunno if it’ll be the same weapons though. I’d say they’ll probably do the wasabi splattershot but the rest could be largely or entirely different (i do hope we get permanent inkbrush though...)
I honestly hope that sheldon's pick don't come back....(I am sorry fresh squiffer)
I rather have more unique weapons like the explosher and the ballpoint splatling, and though the sheldons pick are great I want to see what else the devs can make when put to the test

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I honestly hope that sheldon's pick don't come back....(I am sorry fresh squiffer)
I rather have more unique weapons like the explosher and the ballpoint splatling, and though the sheldons pick are great I want to see what else the devs can make when put to the test
Well, at the end of July it's going to be the rest of the alts (including Ballpoint and Explosher), so we would still have 5 months left that would probably have 4 new weapons each and their alts, so that's 10 new weapons and alts. As creative as Nintendo is, I'm not sure if 10 entirely new and interesting weapons would be possible without having a lackluster one. In addition, there are only 9 weapon classes, so one class might get more love than another.

TL;DR It might be too hard to make 10 new weapons; one class would be getting more love than another (and that also means another slosher and splatling [maybe the datamined ones?])

suntt123

Inkling
If you die while Inkstorm (and other specials, I guess) is active and still has some charge left, does your special charge keep a portion of the remaining charge?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If you die while Inkstorm (and other specials, I guess) is active and still has some charge left, does your special charge keep a portion of the remaining charge?
It depends on the special. Inkstorm goes on after you die, so in that case it doesn't keep your charge. Something like Inkjet does.

Reactions: the

Nerdbird

Pro Squid

Apparently we’re going to have two new weapons (a Splatling and a Slosher) coming with the Ancho-V games rerelease!

The two weapons are called the “Nautilus 47” and the “Bloblobber”, although i’m not sure which is which!

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020

Apparently we’re going to have two new weapons (a Splatling and a Slosher) coming with the Ancho-V games rerelease!

The two weapons are called the “Nautilus 47” and the “Bloblobber”, although i’m not sure which is which!
That slosher kind of looks like a urinal. That splatling looks kind of interesting though.

As well as did anyone here of the supposed new patch or get a gander at the translated notes? Tenta Missiles seems like it'll be a lot more annoying as well as will be able to target the rainmaker shield now. There was more things minus just weapon/special changes as well. Like a visual timer for Inkjet now I think as well as some auto bomb changes.

Cephalobro

Looks like the Splattershot Jr. and its alternate version are going to get their own Ink Tanks. Those Ink Tanks give them 10% more ink.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Jeez, what's with the love for Sloshers and Spaltlings all of a sudden.
Also, these are pretty much the last two weapons in the data of the game right? I'm looking forward to them, but I'm also really curious about how they're going to handle third kits this time.

Bloblobber is the Slosher.

Looks like the Splattershot Jr. and its alternate version are going to get their own Ink Tanks. Those Ink Tanks give them 10% more ink.
That's so...random. I get that this way it also has an effect on bombs, but still...why not just make the weapon more ink efficient.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812

...Guys, you know what this means?
...These are the datamined weapons, the Bathtub and the Downpour!
...(Although if I don’t get another Roller or Brush soon, I will be POSTAL.)

Cephalobro

That's so...random. I get that this way it also has an effect on bombs, but still...why not just make the weapon more ink efficient.
Probably for new players to not get so overwhelmed by the high amount of experienced players in the game and since it affect sub weapons as well, new players won't have to worry (much) about running out of ink after using a Splat Bomb. However, its usage with experienced players is also going to increase because of the same buffs it's getting. While the last thing we need is another Special battery in the meta, at least it's less annoying to deal with compared to the likes of Tenta Missiles and Ink Storm.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
The Bloblobber is the Slosher, since, well, it lobs blobs.
Also the Undercover is gradually becoming actually useful now; one of the patch notes states that when you splat someone when the canopy is broken, it gets instantly restored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom