Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Not surprised that that splatling can hold its charge while swimming. Was a matter of time. I dunno how I feel about that slosher, though.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
The sudden "love for Sloshers and Splatlings" is because they've finally realised how much neglect they showed for both weapon types. Until 3.0.0 put in the placeholder files for both (just codenames at that point) we had exactly 0 new Sloshers or Splatlings since coming over from Splatoon 1. On the other hand, we were given a new charger, roller, blaster, 5 Dualies, 3 Brellas (the current neglected weapon now) to bolster the weapon variety. This is just more of a rebalancing when it came to adding to weapon types with gimmicks and different playstyles, and I'm glad they finally went ahead and did it. If they were to add any more new weapons last minute I would want it to be 1 or 2 more Brellas with different gimmicks (probably a hard task to complete, I have no ideas for them) just to make the total weapon type for each non-shooter class be more equal. It's about time this happened, and now we just need to see if any new Brellas appear on the horizon, until then, just expect more alt kits and stages until the end of this year. We may get one of those unfinished ranked modes, but I wouldn't count on those, cool concepts and a good chance of being used, but do we really need 6 ranked games in rotation that you'll basically never see the one you feel like playing? Not a good idea, and if they did that we'd need to just have the game offer 2 queues with 4 maps and 2 modes running simultaneously on top of League. I like the look of the bathtub and it's cool they gave the ink a bubble graphic style rather than having it just be a bouncing ball of ink like the placeholder used in the datamine video. I don't really care for the splatling, it's a rather boring use of a gimmick we already have on chargers.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I don't really care for the splatling, it's a rather boring use of a gimmick we already have on chargers.
I agree with all your points, including this one, but I will add to it that boring ideas can still be useful and contribute to exciting gameplay. So while I'm not exactly excited about this splatling from a "new ideas" standpoint, it has a chance to really shake up how people play splatlings. And, honestly, I think the hold charge is a better fit there than for chargers anyway. So yeah, it's not interesting but, in game, "effective" trumps "novel" every time in terms of excitement.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Needs more cowbell dualies!

Surely with the new sloshers and splatlings cropping up we can maybe get some new entries in the roller/melee class. We could use some more civilized weapons amongst these uncivilized cephalopoids. :p

Or just any new non-shooter type of weapons altogether! I know I still have candyland imaginations of some splatula spatula-like weapon that can fling my annoying teammates enemies about a stage.

But I'll leave myself unwanting so I can be pleasantly surprised by anything new instead.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031

Surely with the new sloshers and splatlings cropping up we can maybe get some new entries in the roller/melee class. We could use some more civilized weapons amongst these uncivilized cephalopoids. :p

Or just any new non-shooter type of weapons altogether! I know I still have candyland imaginations of some splatula spatula-like weapon that can fling my annoying teammates enemies about a stage.

But I'll leave myself unwanting so I can be pleasantly surprised by anything new instead.
I feel like entirely new weapon classes are going to be saved for when Splatoon 3 definitely drops in summer of 2019.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
THANK you. Why do people think the *NEW* Brella class is neglected, when we only have TWO KINDS OF BRUSH, and no additions since the original game.
...Oh wait, you meant s new weapon class. Well, it’s the thought that counts, right?

EDIT: Er, no offense @Cyan .

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Is it me or does Ancho-V Games look completely different? Like an entirely new design. Then again it's been awhile since I've seen it in the game first game.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
...Guys, you know what this means?
...These are the datamined weapons, the Bathtub and the Downpour!
...(Although if I don’t get another Roller or Brush soon, I will be POSTAL.)
*Bathtub and Siren.
The downpour was datamined with stats that would let it fire 20 rounds per second apposed to the 15 that most splatlings have, which the ballpoint does in its first stage. The siren was the splatling datamined with the ability to store its charge.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
THANK you. Why do people think the *NEW* Brella class is neglected, when we only have TWO KINDS OF BRUSH, and no additions since the original game.
...Oh wait, you meant s new weapon class. Well, it’s the thought that counts, right?

EDIT: Er, no offense @Cyan .
Why not both! New rollers/brushes/melee and non-shooters for everyone!
I feel like entirely new weapon classes are going to be saved for when Splatoon 3 definitely drops in summer of 2019.
For that, I deeply hope they revamp weapon selection and loadout. Maybe just one weapon with the swappable alt kits immediately available or mix-&-match kit options. Or at least just streamline the blasted UI when choosing your weapon and gear! So many blasted pages to sift through... @_@

the

Inkling Commander

Damnit, now I really want a spatula-brush that has a two-hit kill but major knockback. It could knock em out of your effective range (assuming you havent cornered them) to balance out the high damage, and would bring a fresh approach to how a brush is played... DANGIT WHY DID YOU BRING THIS UP! NOW I REALLY WANT THIS! GAH!!!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
For that, I deeply hope they revamp weapon selection and loadout. Maybe just one weapon with the swappable alt kits immediately available or mix-&-match kit options. Or at least just streamline the blasted UI when choosing your weapon and gear! So many blasted pages to sift through... @_@
I'm really hoping that in S3, they let us make custom kits with all available subs/specials. It'll be extra work for them, obviously, because they'll need to figure out sub weapon consumption and points to special for every single combination, but it would so very much be worth it.

D

Deleted Member

Damnit, now I really want a spatula-brush that has a two-hit kill but major knockback. It could knock em out of your effective range (assuming you havent cornered them) to balance out the high damage, and would bring a fresh approach to how a brush is played... DANGIT WHY DID YOU BRING THIS UP! NOW I REALLY WANT THIS! GAH!!!
Y'know speaking of a spatula brush, I wonder if nickelodeon would ever do something like a 'splatoon x spongebob' gear promotional where we can wear the krusty krab uniform come to think of it. But a cephalopod can dream I guess.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Would the update technically come tonight for the Americas since Japan is around 14 hours ahead? The Splatoon Tumblr said that it would arrive on July 12, 6 PM PST. (It's in the post about patch 3.2.0)

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Not to discredit your splatula LOL I TYPED SPLATULA ON COMPLETE ACCIDENT XD idea but I don't know how a brush type weapon that is a mop isn't in the game yet. It just makes sense.

Maave

Inkling Commander

Apparently we’re going to have two new weapons (a Splatling and a Slosher) coming with the Ancho-V games rerelease!

The two weapons are called the “Nautilus 47” and the “Bloblobber”, although i’m not sure which is which!
holy crap the bathtub is real
I'm frigging dying

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Sort of called it:
I only just remembered that the Slosher's original name, as datamined from Splatoon 1, was the Bloblobber. That name fits this "bathtub" weapon much better. I'll bet that's what it'll actually be called--it lobs bouncy blobs, and it's in no way the "heavy slosher" that the "bathtub" name suggests.
Of course, it is indeed the bathtub. I don't really see how that shape of weapon caused the spreading, bouncy balls, but whatever. I'll definitely be giving it a shot, it looks like a good slosher for coverage.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
[vibrating intensifies]

NEW
SPLATLING.

Also ten points to @MindWanderer for totally predicting that they'd bring back the code name "Bloblobber" for the Bathtub. A little disappointed that the blobs are linear rather than crazy spread out, but I guess this just gives it more utility; if you want the blobs causing chaos, swing your controller around while spamming the trigger. Why not?

I hope the splatling is able to store partial charges like the Goo Tuber, or at least one ring rather than a full charge. It's hard to say if I'll use it more than the Ballpoint - I see so much potential in that, as soon as I get another kit for it. Inkjet doesn't float my boat, I just can not get the hang of it to save my life.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Sort of called it:

Of course, it is indeed the bathtub. I don't really see how that shape of weapon caused the spreading, bouncy balls, but whatever. I'll definitely be giving it a shot, it looks like a good slosher for coverage.
It's not the shape of the bathtub that causes bouncing ink bubbles to come from the bath. It's an ink bubble bath.

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom