• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Really wish they gave us loadouts with that new soda can-looking bomb to toy around with, or some details how it works. As much as I also want to know about the ban hammer and Frieza death ball, I'm more excited about the new bomb!

And as usual the rotation in my clothing store were still selling everything I already had! ._.

Kensa Splattershot is like an OG Tentatek + Wasabi mash-up while the Kensa chargers remind me of my darling Kelp chargers. But I'm not sure how a long range charger and baller combo is supposed to work. I guess you probably use it to armor through a super trying to counter you? Like if someone wants to missile or hose your position you can tell them to screw off because you're staying put. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I understand why they're waiting to give us the ones with the new stuff, but I'm soooo impatient for them. I also hope these two collections aren't the only third kits.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Thanks! What are the kits? I’m at work and can’t find the info anywhere online.
Splattershot, Suction Bomb + Tenta Missiles
Roller, Splat Bomb + Bubble Blower
Chargers, Sprinker + Baller
Dualies, Suction Bomb + Baller

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I understand why they're waiting to give us the ones with the new stuff, but I'm soooo impatient for them. I also hope these two collections aren't the only third kits.
With us having 1 new sub and 2 new specials. I'd be shocked if we only got two collections. Unless that second collection gave us like 12-20 weapons at once.

Not counting each individual bomb launcher, all the original specials we have, have at least 9 weapons that use them (8 if you don't count scope chargers). While I'm not entirely expecting these new specials to have that many weapons with them, I do expect more than just like 2 of each, at least 4 or 5 weapons with each special. Unless that second collection gives use like 12-20 weapon all with new the new specials, I just can't see it being the end.

I'm honestly hoping that we do just straight up get a 3rd alt for every weapon. Gives them ample room to sprinkle the new subs and specials as well as just make more alt kits with our current existing subs and specials.
Not sure if it is entirely likely, but I can dream. But do note that these new Kensa weapons AREN'T themed as something like Sheldon's Picks, they're treated exactly like any alt kit would, like the Tentatek Splattershot or any other alt.

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
With us having 1 new sub and 2 new specials. I'd be shocked if we only got two collections. Unless that second collection gave us like 12-20 weapons at once.

Not counting each individual bomb launcher, all the original specials we have, have at least 9 weapons that use them (8 if you don't count scope chargers). While I'm not entirely expecting these new specials to have that many weapons with them, I do expect more than just like 2 or each, at least 5 weapons with each special. Unless that second collection gives use like 12-20 weapon all with new the new specials, I just can't see it being the end.

I'm honestly hoping that we do just straight up get a 3rd alt for every weapon. Gives them ample room to sprinkle the new subs and specials as well as just make more alt kits with our current existing subs and specials.
Not sure if it is entirely likely, but I can dream. But do note that these new Kensa weapons AREN'T themed as something like Sheldon's Picks, they're treated exactly like any alt kit would, like the Tentatek Splattershot or any other alt.
I totally agree with that logic.

In an only somewhat related noted, I hope S3 does away with kits and lets us build our own with all sub/special combos available. For balancing purposes, they'd probably have to release main weapons (and maybe even subs/specials) at a slower rate, but I think it would be sooo worth it. They'd just have to make sure they stay on top of sub ink consumption and points-to-special as the method for balancing.

Of course, apparently "curating" is a huge thing in Japan, and the reason Nintendo gives for map rotations, so this dream probably won't become reality.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I think Bombs with Roller is an amazing combo. You could just throw a bomb pretty far to trap them giving them the only option to move toward you which is great if you're a roller. Bubble blower needless to say is also good.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Did... did they just make disconnects into a new mode?

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Thanks! What are the kits? I’m at work and can’t find the info anywhere online.
Kensa Dualies: succ bomb + Baller
Kensa Roller: Splat bomb + Blower
Kensa chargers: Sprinklr' + Baller
Kensa sshot: succ bomb + Missiles

EDIT: I see that I was ignorant enough to not even notice the next page that popped up with the answer -ded-

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm not feeling any of these kits. They feel randomly slapped together tbh.
Kensa Splattershot isn't bad, but why would I want to give up Splattershot/Burst or Splattershot/Splat Bomb synergy? For Tenta Missles? Not really.
Kensa Roller would be awesome if it had literally anything but Bubble Blower. I can't believe the devs don't get that making a special where others in your team can interfere and completely negate the special is not a good idea.
Kensa Dualies are...fine I guess but what does this kit bring to the table? It's not nearly as interesting as the other two. As fun as the Baller is. Probably the best out of the four, though.
Kensa Charger is probably the worst offender. Baller on a long-range charger is just bad. It has its uses, but it's just not a good combo. That would be fine maybe if at least it had an interesting sub, but no, they gave it the Sprinkler.

Here's hoping october's update will be at the beginning of the month.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
So looking at the balance patches:
  • You know, I thought I was having too easy of a time shredding through Brellas with my Bloblobber. Evidently the devs agreed. Too bad--I do badly against brellas and was enjoying finally having a strong counter. The ink consumption nerf comes as no surprise.
  • Ink Mine got buffed and the Rapid Blaster's special meter got slightly improved? Guess the blast radius nerf did its job. I still mained the RB anyway, so these are good news for me.
  • I don't understand what the Slosher's nerf means. What's the "base of the ink?"

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
So looking at the balance patches:
  • You know, I thought I was having too easy of a time shredding through Brellas with my Bloblobber. Evidently the devs agreed. Too bad--I do badly against brellas and was enjoying finally having a strong counter. The ink consumption nerf comes as no surprise.
  • Ink Mine got buffed and the Rapid Blaster's special meter got slightly improved? Guess the blast radius nerf did its job. I still mained the RB anyway, so these are good news for me.
  • I don't understand what the Slosher's nerf means. What's the "base of the ink?"
i havent played splatoon 2 (but im on this server) so i really cant tell ya

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Found a demo video. So directs from the Slosher are unchanged, but if you slosh over someone's head and they get hit by the trail left by the main blob, damage is base 50. I don't think this comes up very often?

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Found a demo video. So directs from the Slosher are unchanged, but if you slosh over someone's head and they get hit by the trail left by the main blob, damage is base 50. I don't think this comes up very often?
It's more noticeable if you are say sloshing from higher ground. Your hits will pretty much always be sub 50, making sloshing from higher ground a 3hko.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom