Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Coke is a specific drink. That's like calling all fruits 'apple'.
True. We say 'Coke' when we want that specific drink or other reliable name brand company. If you just said "Give me some soda/pop" and aren't specific, you could end up with *URP* Strawberry Crush, Dr. Thunder, or Manzanita Sol Apple Soda (Bet you didn't realize that's soda), or toothpaste flavored Big Red. Yeah, might be for the better that you mentioned 'Coke'.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
On the topic of sugar water (a name we can all agree on for now), I'd be surprised if this weapon isn't a thing:

Tentacola Squeezer
C02 bomb
Suction bomb launcher

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
It sure ought to be. Recolored to look like a cola bottle, of course. Maybe not that exact special; Inkjet would make sense (that Menthos effect), or maybe Ink Storm.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
It sure ought to be. Recolored to look like a cola bottle, of course. Maybe not that exact special; Inkjet would make sense (that Menthos effect), or maybe Ink Storm.
I don't think that a couple of blasts from a giant welding gun compares to the consistent gushing of a coke bottle, which the stingray best embodies but it's already used for Vsqueezer :/

So I think that Tenta missiles would (design wise) make the most sense as the missiles themselves are literal pop bottles.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I don't think that a couple of blasts from a giant welding gun compares to the consistent gushing of a coke bottle
I meant the jets themselves and their exhaust, not the cannon part.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I meant the jets themselves and their exhaust, not the cannon part.
Fair, Fair. You could also make the assumption that the little glass vial before the end of the blaster holds the Mentos. (But I think that it's just crystal meth, lel).

KiwiS

Inkling
Welp, looks as though Nintendo Online releases today. A farewell to those who won't be paying for a currently lackluster online experience. RIP
Paying for it just because of Splatoon. Nothing else would be really worth it imo right now.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
After this Splatfest and 7-day trials start ending, I wonder what our lobbies will start looking like for the next couple of months before Smash causes another community shakeup.

Meanwhile, I'm growing increasingly annoyed how the other first party multiplayer titles are getting backups that can be savescummed but we can't! :mad:

KiwiS

Inkling
Peeps A-rank and up play alot, they will pay. The lower ranks won't really feel it since there are so many. There might be longer waits in the lobies at odd hours tho. That's it.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
After this Splatfest and 7-day trials start ending, I wonder what our lobbies will start looking like for the next couple of months before Smash causes another community shakeup.

Meanwhile, I'm growing increasingly annoyed how the other first party multiplayer titles are getting backups that can be savescummed but we can't! :mad:
i think for 25% of the splatoon 2 players this will be their last splatfest/online play for awhile since they don't want to/can't buy it,i just hope disconnects will happen less after awhile >.< and hopefully nintendo ends up deciding to give splatoon 2 a cloud save because it's bullshit it's not getting 1 at all -.- i am still kinda angry at nintendo about that because their reason is just a lame excuse to not do it.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Anyone seeing a lot of low leveled people in their plaza? All the ones in my have no abilities unlocked and no ink turfed on their weapons too.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Are you having connection issues? The plaza fills with NPC bots with generic names and basic equipment if you're offline.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Are you having connection issues? The plaza fills with NPC bots with generic names and basic equipment if you're offline.
That could be the case mainly because I haven't started my free trial yet. I thought they were alt accounts that were trying not to pay for online, but then I realized it hasn't been a week yet.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224

Y'know, if Nintendo can make games auto-backup so long as they're attached to an internet connection. Why can't they just make some games have that option on permanently? So you can't save scum online features, because your save will always be your most recent. (I guess you can still save scum your equipment by not being online, but at least stuff like Rank cannot be cheesed legitimately given rank requires online.)

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
See, you can't even do anything with equipment when you're offline--Murch won't talk to you. You can't even shop in the stores. And there's absolutely no reason for that without online validation of your loadout, which they don't do. It's nonsensical.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom