• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
is that new song actually sung by a..male vocal?! i am kinda suprised since all music until now was sung by females xD
Wet Floor songs also had male vocals. Duo with one male and one female singer, both in-universe and IRL.

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Ok I take back every negative thing I said about NES games not only because I recently discovered how fun and truly timeless some of them are, but because it sounded trolly and it offended many of you. Please forgive me.

Last edited:

KiwiS

Inkling
Ok I take back every negative thing I said about NES games not only because I recently discovered how fun and truly timeless, but because it sounded trolly and it offended many of you. Please forgive me.
"I'll try this Mario as a doctor out for ten minutes...oh it's like...Tetris?..."
*3 hours later*
"I really need to go to sleep damnit....one moreee...."
Yeah some are fun. Need to try out Zelda today.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm using the online subscription as an excuse to take a break from the game. Gonna see how long I can go before I cave in. I don't expect it to get better or anything, but I don't really need it now as I've mainly been playing singleplayer games.

Also, disappointed in the new kits, both that it seems we're not gonna get many, and that they're all gonna use the same dull color scheme. The Slosher nerf is also a bit more severe than I thought, now 50% of the slosh deals less damage compared to 33% in Splatoon1.

Anyway, I highly doubt there'll be a noticable drop in players after most people have had the time to use their free trial, but I'm still curious to know if any of yal notice a difference.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I'm using the online subscription as an excuse to take a break from the game. Gonna see how long I can go before I cave in. I don't expect it to get better or anything, but I don't really need it now as I've mainly been playing singleplayer games.

Also, disappointed in the new kits, both that it seems we're not gonna get many, and that they're all gonna use the same dull color scheme. The Slosher nerf is also a bit more severe than I thought, now 50% of the slosh deals less damage compared to 33% in Splatoon1.

Anyway, I highly doubt there'll be a noticable drop in players after most people have had the time to use their free trial, but I'm still curious to know if any of yal notice a difference.
I caved in almost immediately.................regret nothing,
I haven't seen a whole lot of lag lately and only had 1 DC, but again I am max level in nearly everything so I don't know how much of a difference will be felt at lower tiers

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Also, disappointed in the new kits, both that it seems we're not gonna get many, and that they're all gonna use the same dull color scheme.
To address this. I'd still like to point out that we are getting 1 new sub and 2 new specials. So I mean it seems unlikely we'll only get a few new kits. I mean, I'd be shocked if we didn't at least get 4 kits for each special at the very least, and this is assuming none of the kits from here on out will use the old specials (which doesn't make sense since you'd think they'd want the new sub to be paired with a variety of specials). Not to mention we still have 4 main weapons without their first alt kit as well.

This one is less based on logic and more just a personal expectation, but I just don't believe all the new kits will be under the Toni Kensa moniker. The first wave was, and probably the second wave, but no sign of any additional ones which I think are likely to come. (More of a vague theory, but the v4.0 Trailer did also show Rockenburg in the anime sponsor parody bit alongside Toni Kensa, so we may see all kit waves themed on other brands as well.)

Last edited:

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I want Nintendo to bash that Super Crown harder than they bash the Patellas of Nintendo YouTubers.

Bowser will only be one of the many victims of this 'power up' if Nintendo does not stop this pathogen.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Also, disappointed in the new kits, both that it seems we're not gonna get many, and that they're all gonna use the same dull color scheme.
The Rockenburg Collections should have a different colour scheme from the Kensa Collections. 16 alt kits is also more than we got with Sheldon's Picks, so not too disappointed there.

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
I want Nintendo to bash that Super Crown harder than they bash the Patellas of Nintendo YouTubers.

Bowser will only be one of the many victims of this 'power up' if Nintendo does not stop this pathogen.
Nintendo striking fanart would be an incredible PR disaster. Dear lord.

...And it is too late. :3d

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Nintendo striking fanart would be an incredible PR disaster. Dear lord.

...And it is too late. :3d
I could already tell by your profile pic, lol.

And I never said that I wanted Nintendo to strike fanart, I just want them to explain how the Super crown works, or else R34 sorta runs rampant. Oh and also, Bowsette is a Trap.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Translation pls?
It basically says that you can throw a bomb that makes a giant explosion after building up power for the bomb. You build up power for it by pressing the booyah button. Your teammates can also power it up by pressing booyah. If they do, it charges their special gauges a little bit.

If someone who knows Japanese can provide a better translation, dope. This is all just from someone in my Splatoon group decoding the Google translate translation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom