• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Wow, a special with the potential to charge other specials sounds like, meta changingly good. But I worry that Nintendo will give it to us in a half baked state that was Stingray pre 1.3.0 and we'll have to wait for a couple of months before it's buffed to a usable state.

Also Squid flop bomb special when Nintendo

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
When I heard about this special, saw the datamine video, and then a comment saying that you’d have to charge it by shouting “Booyah!”, I thought the last part was a joke. I WISHED that it was a joke. Apparently it wasn’t a joke.

I’ll just say this: I’m not fond of anything that relies on my teammates being competent. The preview photos look like it can be thrown one hell of a good distance though, which pleases me greatly as a backliner. It would be sweet to get a Kensa Splatling, black and white themes with this special.
Maybe if I construct a shrine to The Great Zapfish, they’ll change the Ballpoint Nouveau special from Splashdown to the Booyah Bomb and keep the Beakons.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I agree, the whole Booyah thing seems stupidly gimmicky. I'll personally have a hard time with it since I operate the emote button and the left analog stick with the same thumb, so I can't mash Booyah and move at the same time. And of course it means you can't use "This Way" at the same time, or use Booyah for whatever you normally use it for. Dumb to use up one of your two communication buttons for this.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I agree, the whole Booyah thing seems stupidly gimmicky. I'll personally have a hard time with it since I operate the emote button and the left analog stick with the same thumb, so I can't mash Booyah and move at the same time. And of course it means you can't use "This Way" at the same time, or use Booyah for whatever you normally use it for. Dumb to use up one of your two communication buttons for this.
And there's still two unused slots on the D-Pad. Could of used one of them but nope.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Link please ;n;
See, that's one thing that the NS Pro Controller fixes. It isn't too hard if you use your right hand to do it while you're swimming

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Rank X map rotation for October, and per this tweet, we're getting the new map and new sub/specials on October 3rd:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Honestly if you are a good masher this can work pretty well...it would also be good if an ally can spam as well getting it to work in solo q tho.........

I really want to get a group together an test how much spamming (between the player and allies) booyah increases the size of the spirit bomb amd the charge boost for teammates

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Honestly if you are a good masher this can work pretty well...it would also be good if an ally can spam as well getting it to work in solo q tho.........

I really want to get a group together an test how much spamming (between the player and allies) booyah increases the size of the spirit bomb amd the charge boost for teammates
I’m sure Dude and probably a few others will do this and post a video about it as soon as it comes out.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
The hammer is a special weapon :( I was kinda hopping it was weapon class
I wonder how it'll function, like if you press ZR once you'll do a standard stamp attack and holding ZR will allow you to do a spin attack.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
*sighs*

Like all good things in the world, my free trial for online has expired. This is so sad Alexa play Despacito.

(I'm sorry it's a reflex)
Wow so did mine 20 minutes ago lol.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Luckily, the quality of the online is significantly worse and the amount of people playing seems to be significantly lower. It takes longer to get lobbies (especially in league) and the already shoddy quality of matching people around your power level in league is all over the place. The lag has also been out of control. As are the increase in drops.

I didn’t expect the online to get better. I just didn’t expect it to get this much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom