• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Though I will agree with you on the Pro and Luna, I think that the Sprinkler is still a semisolid choice in the meta, I mean the Slosher Deco was still a popular slayer, and Heavy was a solid backliner even after the Sprinkler nerfs. It's also not as ink heavy like a bomb and they increased the durability so I mean...
The synergy between main and special is what defines the Slosher Deco and Heavy Splatling, so they'd be great no matter the sub weapon. Bombs can actually kill and their painting can't be prevented, don't think many would trade that for a mere 10% lower ink cost.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
As soon as I saw the Pro I knew it’d come with the new special. I really don’t think they work well together if the Booyah Bomb takes as long as I think it will to charge up. It definitely seems like more of a backliner thing.

I’ll use it anyway because it’s black and white.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin

Says it was posted on the 30th but I think it was only recently made viewable. Eitherway it's a fun match that shows the new map, sub and special in action. Fizzy Bomb looks unchanged from when it was known as Piyo, namely leaving a trail of ink when thrown giving it a bit of curling bomb-like utility. Interested in seeing how Sub Power Up effects it. Of course more throw range but perhaps faster charge time aswell.

The Booyah Bomb? This match certainly doesn't make it look good lol. Cleary needs to be used at a distance, but even then it's pretty slow giving opponents ample time to avoid it. I don't just mean the charge time, that's not so bad, but the explosion seems to function like Inkstrike where it slowly spirals out from point of impact. Couldn't get an idea of how well it charges teammate specials, and also curious what special power up does for it.

As for the map, I'm surprised it's indeed asymmetrical like Saltspray Rig. Thought they were making sure not to have maps like that. There's atleast a good amount of open space so it shouldn't be as campy as Saltspray nor should rightside peaking being too advantageous for one side... maybe!

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Yeah, the Booyah Bomb looks like suicide unless you use it from waaaay far back (and the range isn't incredible). And the Fizzy Bomb seems to have a piddling explosion size, good luck catching anyone in that. The trail of ink it leaves is really thin, I don't think you can even swim in it.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yeah, the Booyah Bomb looks like suicide unless you use it from waaaay far back (and the range isn't incredible). And the Fizzy Bomb seems to have a piddling explosion size, good luck catching anyone in that. The trail of ink it leaves is really thin, I don't think you can even swim in it.
Course you can, the trail is about as wide as an inkling, who can dive into even smaller patches of ink. I'd say explosion radius is roughly the same as Burst Bomb, and it also explodes pretty quickly after touching the ground. I certainly don't think it's a great sub but it'll have it's uses, namely assist/combo kills like Fizzy Bomb + Sloshing Machine Direct.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Jealous of anyone who can effectively use a scoped charger in this sequel. I can hardly ever get the timing for the pre-zoom oneshot correct. T_T

The new stage will be interesting but I'm worried what the Rainmaker and Clam Blitz versions will be like. Music will take some getting use to. =/

Really wish we could get a better look at the Soda Pop Carbonate Bomb sub. And it doesn't seem like the Booyah Bomb has any sort of i-frames and will be easier to swat down than a Splashdown. Might require some actual thinking and consideration in how you use it. But can we also use it in a superjump?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Jealous of anyone who can effectively use a scoped charger in this sequel. I can hardly ever get the timing for the pre-zoom oneshot correct. T_T

The new stage will be interesting but I'm worried what the Rainmaker and Clam Blitz versions will be like. Music will take some getting use to. =/

Really wish we could get a better look at the Soda Pop Carbonate Bomb sub. And it doesn't seem like the Booyah Bomb has any sort of i-frames and will be easier to swat down than a Splashdown. Might require some actual thinking and consideration in how you use it. But can we also use it in a superjump?
It get's a sort of Ink Armor (wonder if it stacks with Ink Armor special) but yeah it's a ranged special like Stingray and Tentamissles. Weapons like the Hydra Splatling and Explosher could make good use of it, but instead it's on midrange weapons. =/

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Hoenstly I think it makes sensw for the booyah bomb to be on the dynamo
The dyanmo conmbined with sprinkler allow it to quickly turf as well as build up special,

Plus aling with this you have got a way to cover lots of turf from a long distance as well as force repositioning

Alone I think is might be sub standard (need more I-frame for how long you are hanging
(cuz this ain't no DBZ where you can just hang in the air for 3 episodes screaming til you throw it)

I do think though this will have alot of good synergy, this with inkstorm will be a guarenteed kill, booyah bomb with bubbler will deal huge amounts of AOE,
A baller combine with this can do a decent aount of splash damage and cover an allies push, and even long range speacial like tentamissles and stingray could lead to huge area denial and a solid push

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
As a Luna main, let me tell you that this new kit is perfect. Rain on a short ranged (and inking challenged) weapon is awesome for pushes, and it seems like the new bomb is a curling/burst/Splat bomb hybrid. Love it.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
It does look like you can charge the Booyah Bomb pretty fast for a decent range, no map Inkstrike. I’m honestly more interested in a slidy multipopping throwable though.

I guess you could keep charging the Booyah longer if your opponents are down and respawning to give your own teammates extra special. Keep that push going in a way. I’ll probably just wind up popping people with the Ballpoint, given how slowly you riiiiiise into the air when you activate it. In the video itself you can see the Dynamo get pegged by an Inkjet because he’s just in the air for so long.

Last edited:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Can't say I was expecting to get 4.1.0 tomorrow. Was expecting to come this week, probably Friday, but getting it all of a sudden is a nice surprise.

Still curious just how many more weapons we're gonna see by game's end. As it stands we have 2 weapons with the new sub, and 2 with Booyah Bomb, and neither with both.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I feel happy that the Nautilus is getting a buff, but this 133% boost to its firing speed has to be a typo! It's too good to be true/exist. Like the brief bug that gave the bamboozler pierce damage like other chargers. T_T

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I feel happy that the Nautilus is getting a buff, but this 133% boost to its firing speed has to be a typo! It's too good to be true/exist. Like the brief bug that gave the bamboozler pierce damage like other chargers. T_T
It's shot velocity, not fire rate, so the bullets fly faster to the end of their range. Exciting, isn't it?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
It's shot velocity, not fire rate, so the bullets fly faster to the end of their range. Exciting, isn't it?
That's still great tbh I don't understand why you're being sarcastic.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I feel that this is to capitalize on the weapon's ability to have all shots extend to max range.

Splashdown is less punishing if you get shot out of the sky with it and according to the website will be able to destroy bubbles which may make it a *cough* decent *cough* pick on Clam blitz as a bubble destroyer.

And Missiles shoot faster, just why.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Wait, does Splashdown pop your teammate's bubbles or break your opponent's bubbles?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That's still great tbh I don't understand why you're being sarcastic.
It's useful, sure, but nothing mindblowing. Just like with the Splattershot Pro it's nothing you'll really notice in practice. Eh!
Wait, does Splashdown pop your teammate's bubbles or break your opponent's bubbles?
Probably both.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
It's useful, sure, but nothing mindblowing. Just like with the Splattershot Pro it's nothing you'll really notice in practice. Eh!
True, but the Splattershot Pro and Dynamo painting-toward-player thing is great imo!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Y'know I'm curious if they're gonna retool the alt kits which still aren't released.

I mean, we still don't have alt kits for the Explosher, Bloblobber, Ballpoint Splatling, and Nautilus 47. And all those have been in the files for some time, wonder if they plan to slot in new sub and special combos onto some of them, especially given there are still new ones that desperately need to be spread out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom