• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 November Patch Discussion (updated as needed)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yeah, yeah, the 1.4 update dropped just last week but the official Splatoon JP twitter account already set us up to speculate about next month's update:
Rough translation via google
[INFORMATION] In addition to improving the performance of some of the main weapons we were foretelling this time, we will improve the performance of the gear power and adjust the performance of some buki and special weapons this time. Next time, we are planning to deliver update data including system usability enhancement etc. in late November.
So it appears patch 1.5(?) may focus primarily on quality-of-life, user interface/experience enhancement stuff.

I'll keep this post updated as we all receive more information in the advancing weeks!

Until then... any ideas on what sort of updates we'll see? Anything on your wishlist you hope is addressed?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
"The performance of gear power" has me intrigued. One of my big hopes is that run speed gets a general buff someday soon. I get it was an issue in the first game with people stacking it to the point where they would zoom around like crazy, but considering how hard it was hit in this game, it could stand to be more worthwhile. Funny enough, swim speed was untouched despite also being abused a ton in Splatoon 1 as well. >.>

Aside from that, I wonder if there is a chance this could be Splatoon 2 2.0? They are teasing it pretty early, and I feel there is chance we could see more substantial info dropped sometime soon. Maybe some stages will be altered, music could be added, a new weapon or two could be released, maybe a tease of confirmation of playable octolings. (I still believe!) This would roughly fall in line with the release of Splatoon 1 2.0 so maybe this could happen.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Intriguing stuff. As it stands, that could mean tweaks to just about anything. I just hope they continue the trend of mostly buffs and not nerfs, many weaker abilities got some attention with 1.4 but Quick Respawn remains as useless as ever.

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Game is perfect.
Maybe more maps, variety is more fun, bigger pool of maps to choose from. Even port over all the splatoon 1 maps.

In terms of gripes: tenta missiles are OP, they probably know that.

the

Inkling Commander
From the translation, I dunno if they're gonna change anything balance-wise with the update. The distinction between "this time" and "next time" (if translated correctly) makes me think they were talking about the changes to sub/special power up and some gear abilities from 1.4, and then in a separate breath said that 1.5 would focus on usability, etc.

I mean, it would be nice to see more buffs to underused abilities, but I'm not holding my breath until I see a more nuanced translation

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
From the translation, I dunno if they're gonna change anything balance-wise with the update. The distinction between "this time" and "next time" (if translated correctly) makes me think they were talking about the changes to sub/special power up and some gear abilities from 1.4, and then in a separate breath said that 1.5 would focus on usability, etc.
That's how I interpreted it.

But MAYBE, just maybe, the next patch will finally give us both the Range Blaster AND Hydra Splatling?! ...pfft, as if.

Yet hopefully they'll add more touch screen functionality to handheld mode, allowing an alternative to solely button pressing through menus. And fix the gyroscope to play motion controls while in any position! Longshot dream: sound and music options!

maybe a tease of confirmation of playable octolings. (I still believe!)
Since it's the month of Halloween, how about a spooky prognostication?

Sure you do!

Playable octolings will be a randomised, one-time use item obtained from a thematic, in-universe container we all know is just a loot crate. These loot crates are random bonuses from Salmon Run or bought from Murch (maybe even Spyke) for Super Sea Snails!

I could go further~... but I want you to at least try to sleep at night, with such a nightmare. >=)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Playable octolings will be a randomised, one-time use item obtained from a thematic, in-universe container we all know is just a loot crate. These loot crates are random bonuses from Salmon Run or bought from Murch (maybe even Spyke) for Super Sea Snails!

I could go further~... but I want you to at least try to sleep at night, with such a nightmare. >=)
Ouuuuuch that hurts to even think about.

Foxtrot

Full Squid
We're slowly but surely getting closer to the 6 month aniversarry for Spla2n. Hopefully within the next few months we will have some decent content rolled out.

Still crossing my fingers for more music being added, along with the hinted new ranked mode.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Well enhancing gear abilities and tweaking specials seems to be what they're going for this time. Enhancing Sub Power up, and Ink Saver Sub would be nice. I want my burst bomb spam to fire at E-Liter range! For specials, I dunno. What's the meta special that needs a nerf this time? Enhancing Bubble Blower would be neat.

For what I would like, get this. Splatoon Amie! Why they don't have one already is beyond me. You can already dress up your Inkling, so why can't you pet, feed, and play with them too? Oh, and the Inkling's mood is based on how well you've done the past few matches. So if you've been on a losing streak, your Inkling is all huffy. The shooter loss animation shows that a mad Inkling is still really cute!

Last edited:

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
For what I would like, get this. Splatoon Amie! Why they don't have one already is beyond me. You can already dress up your Inkling, so why can't you pet, feed, and play with them too? Oh, and the Inkling's mood is based on how well you've done the past few matches. So if you've been on a losing streak, your Inkling is all huffy. The shooter loss animation shows that a mad Inkling is still really cute!
Probably because that's just weird and kinda strange? Especially since they're supposed to be an avatar of yourself, and beyond that it would be more of a detriment to the gameplay than anything.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Ladies and gentlemen, it's confirmed. Blackbelly's making a comeback!
The two maps they decided to bring back from S1 are just about the last maps I want to see. Not the hugest fan of the compact designs utilized by Blackbelly and Kelp Dome. Oh well.

Foxtrot

Full Squid
I never played the original so I have no idea what the general consensus on BSP is. I do know however that the map looks WAY to open for my taste.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
I never played the original so I have no idea what the general consensus on BSP is. I do know however that the map looks WAY to open for my taste.
Actually, the map is very confined. It's actually the smallest map in Sploon 1. It's probably one of my favs from the first game, but it's far from perfect. I really hope they make the slopes easier to swim up, that was one of my biggest peeves with bsp. I won't try to force you to like it though, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
I like the new design for Blackbelly a lot. The whole left side of the map is actually playable now, where as it was a narrow lane that was easy to lock down before (Plus the wall of death that rollers loved to hide on, myself included!). The middle of the map also got some nice adjustments. The corners with the sand bags are about double the original size from what I can see and they removed most of the annoying rails around the blocks at the center tower.

All in all it added a lot of nice things to the original map that was plagued with a very linear layout. Redoing the left side of the stage was a massive improvement by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom